Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Sat TV company has stopped my CS

Hi Everyone,

I didn't know where to post this as I am looking for a solution and don't know what the solution may be.
    I have a legit sub for an Australian pay tv company. It's an Ird3to 2 card v4.1 which I have been using for personal card sharing with Dreamboxes and Humax's for years.

The pay tv company made some sort of change to the over the air Irdeto2/Transpost stream earlier in the week. This stopped my card sharing from working.

After further investigation, my card works in the sat company's box they supply. It will also work if I run the card on my cs server with a season interface plugged into the sat company's box but none of the other boxes work with card sharing or the card anymore. Also the card used to work plugged directly in the dreambox or the Humax and also it worked in an Irdeto2 cam but now only on the sat company's box.

The pay tv company has done something, even though it's an Irdeto2 card so stop it working in any box other than it's own boxes. Now you may say the card is married to the box! Well the reason the paytv company did this latest trick is becasue they are trying to stop people using gamma cards but people now have their gamma cards working in their paytv boxes instead

So the question is how can I get around this Is there a cam that I can use to run my genuine sub card in the Humax or soft cam for the Dreambox7020

All ideas appreciated!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

well, you may have to wait for patches to come out.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

We had a similar problem and that was the change to ideto v5, now the older decoders even for d*tv could not work even with genuine cards, so many decoders had to be renewed or updated by the original decoders.
    Any receiver should be able to run on version 5 for ku band before we buy.
    yours look like what we have on n*ds system of marriage.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Unfortunatly this is the way it is, and I think our friend Cogal is correct in what he said about card up-dating to series 5.
    There original intention was to wipe out the small market in White card use, for as you say using multi receivers and off market receivers. This may also end the small number of Gamma cards in use.
    It also looks like they are well on there way to following the fox model and also have card locking, So all the after market receivers will no longer except the smart card and work. Two things are now possable, a switch over to "selectTV' or a huge influx of used recivers for sale on Fleabay.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by heyman View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I didn't know where to post this as I am looking for a solution and don't know what the solution may be.
    I have a legit sub for an Australian pay tv company. It's an Ird3to 2 card v4.1 which I have been using for personal card sharing with Dreamboxes and Humax's for years.

The pay tv company made some sort of change to the over the air Irdeto2/Transpost stream earlier in the week. This stopped my card sharing from working.

After further investigation, my card works in the sat company's box they supply. It will also work if I run the card on my cs server with a season interface plugged into the sat company's box but none of the other boxes work with card sharing or the card anymore. Also the card used to work plugged directly in the dreambox or the Humax and also it worked in an Irdeto2 cam but now only on the sat company's box.

The pay tv company has done something, even though it's an Irdeto2 card so stop it working in any box other than it's own boxes. Now you may say the card is married to the box! Well the reason the paytv company did this latest trick is becasue they are trying to stop people using gamma cards but people now have their gamma cards working in their paytv boxes instead

So the question is how can I get around this Is there a cam that I can use to run my genuine sub card in the Humax or soft cam for the Dreambox7020

All ideas appreciated!
    once the words of a wiseman---- its only plastic
    ..::Southern African Satellites::..

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i have I*deto 2 v.5 card i put on the original box once a month until now no problem,I*deto 2 card cannot be marriage to the stb

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

The provider have resorted to the original technique of nagra1; card & box pairing which is cracked by the U.S. hobbyist by use of what they called rom10. It would take sometime I guess before this one is solve.
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Everyone,

ring Select and ask them to refresh your card! Works everytime! Austar the same!

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by khan2ton View Post
    The provider have resorted to the original technique of nagra1; card & box pairing which is cracked by the U.S. hobbyist by use of what they called rom10. It would take sometime I guess before this one is solve.
    The pairing appears to be not working. Even though you can't use a genuine sub card or a gamma in a 3rd party receiver to receive their channels, the gamma also works in some of the provider boxes.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

The pairing appears to be not working. Even though you can't use a genuine sub card or a gamma in a 3rd party receiver to receive their channels, the gamma also works in some of the provider boxes.
    ha gamma user which has been turned off world wide ...

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kuband View Post
    ha gamma user which has been turned off world wide ...
    I haven't tried the gamma in the providers receiver but this is what is being reported. But this isn't my problem. I want to be able share my old Austar v4.1 card so I'm proving as much info as I can so hopefully someone may have an idea of what's going on.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dreamboy70 View Post
    i have I*deto 2 v.5 card i put on the original box once a month until now no problem,I*deto 2 card cannot be marriage to the stb

yes it can Foxtel have been doing it since Ird** 2 was introduced on there australian service, along with there duel NDS service.

As for our friend, the only way your going to get duel receivers working now, is to hire another receiver / card from Austar,
    Unfortunatly the party is over, and your home made cards and 'sellers' gamma cards have all been converted to windscreen scrapers. The white card / gamma thing, where all shut down late last week.
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information