Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default PhuketSatellite vs dimu1234

Ok I'm Devaka & dimu1234 was talking about me with dead LAN port due to lightning.

You said you're willing to give a free motherboard & you're a guy like that.

Here is your chance. If you send the free motherboard, I'll say that in the forum so that you can clear your name..

If you agree, reply to this post.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

@Devaka

A suggestion. Since PS has agreed to replace your faulty motherboard why dont you send him the board or its picture and close this thread.

Rgds
    P

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I don't understand 2 things.

1. Why ppl of this forum too hurry to close threads. My first thread was closed by a mod even I place a reply. As he said I PMed PhuketSatellite but no reply from him yet. He only answer in the forum to get his name clear but not answer PMs as yan naing suggested.

2. Why everyone misunderstand the facts? Devaka got the LAN problem & he did not purchased the box from PhuketSatellite. Only PhuketSatellite offered to give his a free motherboard to show how nice guy he is. I have a box bought from PhuketSatellite & that is defective. In my thread I was talking about it. Both PhuketSatellite & pblurp thinks those 2 boxes are same. They are 2 different boxes.

(BTW my PM to yan naing asking the reason for closing the thread is still not answered)

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

If you have had a lighting strike on a satellite receiver, you can throw it away, A motherboard, or devine intervention, won't help you, The first thing a lighting strike does is cook the Tuner, then it makes toast of the rest of the thing.
    regards from OZ bassett

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dimu1234 View Post

1. Why ppl of this forum too hurry to close threads. My first thread was closed by a mod even I place a reply. As he said I PMed PhuketSatellite but no reply from him yet. He only answer in the forum to get his name clear but not answer PMs as yan naing suggested.

2. Why everyone misunderstand the facts? Devaka got the LAN problem & he did not purchased the box from PhuketSatellite. Only PhuketSatellite offered to give his a free motherboard to show how nice guy he is. I have a box bought from PhuketSatellite & that is defective. In my thread I was talking about it. Both PhuketSatellite & pblurp thinks those 2 boxes are same. They are 2 different boxes.

(BTW my PM to yan naing asking the reason for closing the thread is still not answered)
    well you have fuckt now for getting any free mb you should have kept your trouble making mouth shut and just sent a pm

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default re

bassett has explained in more detail what happens when lighting strikes

THE MOD Closed the other thread because if you read the reply post it has been explained what is on offer to the Customer . Hence why thread closed the solution has been posted on the FORUM .

Also the Customer who claims
    Has just sent me a PM which does say thanks for the offer of a free Motherboard but I DONT need your help thankYou

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well do you accept that I have purchased a DM from you?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well do you accept that I have purchased a DM from you?
    As for the original post in this Thread - You dont have to clear my Name
    It is the Choice of RDI Members if they decide to buy from me or not . It is not your choice nor my choice only the choice of RDI MEMBERS

This is a ACT Of GOD
    Warranty does not cover Lighting - You must take responsiblity for the damage to your products since you did not unplug the power supply from the WALL when lighting was at fault .

Warranty
    This means if the product fails or any microchips shut down due to FAULT

I dont know what u want me to say to YOU
    I have offered you every option .

But hey i dont take things to heart im still a nice guy and dont care what people post in RDI

SEND THE MOTHERBOARD BACK - I will replace it

I will give GOD the bill when i goto heaven

Next time unplug your box when u have LIGHTNING

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

About Devaka's case, it's his router got hit by the lightning & due to that the ethernet port of the DM is also stopped working. Other than that his box is working. He can see FTA channels. Only can't do cardsharing as the ethernet port is dead.

& in my case, if you want me to send the motherboard back, what is your address?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

About Devaka's case, it's his router got hit by the lightning & due to that the ethernet port of the DM is also stopped working. Other than that his box is working. He can see FTA channels. Only can't do cardsharing as the ethernet port is dead.

& in my case, if you want me to send the motherboard back, what is your address?
    Check your pm in 2mins i will give u a address to send back the Motherboard
    U can send the whole box if you want - but sending just the Motherboard would proberly cut down your shipping cost a little bit .
    But sending back the whole box would be a good option as i can test everything is perfect and running good with the latest image .

I would advise anyone with a PC or Dreambox to use a UPS Box this will protect your PC and Dreambox of power surge they are not that expensive to buy around 40$ with a 20 min battery backup .
    I would advise you to purchase in your own country as a good UPS Box is very heavy and shipping costs would be $$$$

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

1.We never hurry to close threads but we need to be careful about Phuket Satellite threads bcoz. as u know alot of fighting , accusing , arguments , bothering , etc... were pasted in the forum with their problems .And these threads were gone to many pages and most were useless for everyone.That's why we always check these kinds of threads and we did quick decision.

2.Every Companies / shops have their warranty seal on their devices and if ur warranty period is still left , then u can do as their warranty rules.But as far as I know the accident including lighting , over usage , etc. will not include on their terms and conditions.(may be i can wrong)

Anyhow Phuketsatellite was already said that u can send ur motherboard to him and he will give a new one for u.Which reason or which kind of chance do u want ?

So just PM to Phuket and ask him how u can send the board to him and how to return.If he didn't reply ur PM then just tell me and I'll reopen the Closed Thread which I've closed.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Nice work Phuket & Yan
    Last edited by Bangalore; 23rd April 2008 at 15:25.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

your waranty is void you have taken the back off your dreambox

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Can Can Can we all get along Does the grounding work against the lightning?
    Testing: Pansat 2500A, 2700A & 9200HD, Coolsat 5000, Sonicview 360

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    That's good decision Yan

Thanks alot brother Anishpsla and brother Bangalore.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Thread Information