Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default C Band reception with wimax interference

I am getting very poor reception on a roof top Earth station, compared to what i receive with the dish on the ground.
    Can i assume its the result from the other transmitters, and receivers all mounted on the roof top abt 26 floors.
    I thought of the best reception on the same but has turned out the worst.
    Any ideas please post?

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Do you also have a wireless internet connection up on the roof, wirefree have been causing no-amount of problems with C-band while c-band operates with 3.4 to 4.2 GHz so does firefree, there now adapting c-band LNB's to operate between 3.7 to 4.2 GHz. there-by by-passing the wirefree service.
    regards from OZ bassett

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Bassett,
    The roof has mobile phone masts, Internet com Masts and security communication Masts plus other sat Dishes C Band and Ku. Existing c bands are extra big 8 to 12ft.
    Must be great interference on the c band frequency range.

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    Hi Bassett,
    The roof has mobile phone masts, Internet com Masts and security communication Masts plus other sat Dishes C Band and Ku. Existing c bands are extra big 8 to 12ft.
    Must be great interference on the c band frequency range.
    Hi Cogil,
    Power lines used for transmitters may cause interference, As your details your roof top fully occupied with transmitters.....! . Some high end microwave protected LNB available try those models.

All The Best
    Megahertzpark

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Kachak, what would you recommend as high end microwave protected, will google but if you have any ready models or manufacturers, please let me know.

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Kachak, what would you recommend as high end microwave protected, will google but if you have any ready models or manufacturers, please let me know.
    Hi Cogil,
    Frankly i dont know any manufacturers name try with Gardiner. Mainly these type lnb are used in military application so locally availability difficult. If you know any satellite IP based network service providers they can help.

ALL THE BEST
    Megahertzpark

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kachak View Post
    Hi Cogil,
    Frankly i dont know any manufacturers name try with Gardiner. Mainly these type lnb are used in military application so locally availability difficult. If you know any satellite IP based network service providers they can help.

ALL THE BEST
    Thanks have got one Gardiner, will try this out.
    Plus on the process of getting a low loss c band lnb,
    hope to solve the problem with one of the two.

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Cogil,
    What happened with Gardiner? Is it works?Please go through the link, you may get some ideas. http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/Noise.html#anchor31113
    http://www.your-book.co.uk/lnb.htm
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb2.htm

All The Best
    Megahertzpark

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi cogil, have you tried a skirt round the rim of your dish, I know this sounds strange but they do work in some cases, sinply attach a strip of light weight aluminium strip [about 12 inches deep] round the outside edge of the dish, this isolates the satellite signal, and shields any other signals crossing the satellite signal path, there-by
    preventing any interferance.
    Probably a small off -set dish would only need something shallower, as long as it stops outside interferance..
    regards from OZ bassett

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kachak View Post
    Dear Cogil,
    What happened with Gardiner? Is it works?Please go through the link, you may get some ideas. http://www.geo-orbit.org/sizepgs/Noise.html#anchor31113
    http://www.your-book.co.uk/lnb.htm
    http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/lnb2.htm

All The Best
    Hi Kachak,
    I tried Gardiner, had no change on interference.
    Tried Estar.ES21 problem solved. Thankhs for all the ref. has made a change of thinking, of always being sure the level and quality will be good at all altitudes and buildings. with and without transmitters.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Hi cogil, have you tried a skirt round the rim of your dish, I know this sounds strange but they do work in some cases, sinply attach a strip of light weight aluminium strip [about 12 inches deep] round the outside edge of the dish, this isolates the satellite signal, and shields any other signals crossing the satellite signal path, there-by
    preventing any interferance.
    Probably a small off -set dish would only need something shallower, as long as it stops outside interferance..
    Thanks Bassett,
    All this small things really mater and thats what I noticed is experience from the old guards on the sat world, This was to be my next try but The idea of using an expensive, low loss lnb has saved my day, and just to tell you i dont feel like removing the lnb or dish and trying anything else on that same roof. Will create a similar situation on the ground to try the ring round the dish. Its a roof that once you get to you feel dead, and cant do too many experiments you want to finish and quit the apex.
    Really greatful for your support and help.

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Kachak,
    I tried Gardiner, had no change on interference.
    Tried Estar.ES21 problem solved. Thankhs for all the ref. has made a change of thinking, of always being sure the level and quality will be good at all altitudes and buildings. with and without transmitters.

Hi Cogil,

What's this Estar.ES21 is this some Special LNB ?

Here in Bangalore also we face Interferance a Lot but there is no issue with PAUXIS and OLD Gardiner LNBS..

The New Gardiner is a Chinese made LNB that is waste.....

Even i am Eagerly searching for some Good LNB to avaoid this Interferance Due to this Interferance we face Signal Flashing.

@Kachak are u presently in Bangalore ? do u also face same issue..?
    Regards,
    BLR

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@Kachak are u presently in Bangalore ? do u also face same issue..?
    Regards,
    BLR[/QUOTE]

Ya Bang.,
    I am working in bangalore, but my antenna set up is in my native (village) its around 300 km from bangalore, so i didn't faced any microwave interference

All The Best
    Megahertzpark

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Ohh Thanks for Info Kachak r u a Dish Engineer

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    Ohh Thanks for Info Kachak r u a Dish Engineer
    I am electrical engineer.My 1st Job at VTU edusat up linking center, So i know some technical point on IP based transmission (sky ip & L band equipment ), Up linking, Video conferencing through satellite, DTH and V-SAT terminal installation, Studio control on live transmission... etc.
    All The Best
    Megahertzpark

Thread Information