Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Nova Hellas reception in Pakistan and India

Hello everybody,

Since many people are here around from Pakistan and India i would like to ask who has reception on Nova Hellas ?

These are the frequencies the package is transmitting:

10.930H
    11.242V
    11.823H
    12.169H
    12.558V
    12.597V

If you get any of these frequencies (i know that it is encrypted, that is not the problem only the signal quality) please let me know the following:

1. Your exact location, best would be coordinates like x° North, y° East
    2. a) Your dish diameter
    b) if it is solid or meshed
    c) if it is industrially made the manufacturer or if it is handmade
    3. Which receiver and LNB are you using ?
    4. Depending on the frequency, is the reception permanent or do you have breaks in certain conditions like heat of the day, clouds, moisture on lower atmospheric elevations ?

Why i am asking ? Well there is a lady in New Dehli and she would like to receive Nova Hellas. I am aware that if the reception is at all possible there one will need a very large dish but since i don't know anybody there who receives the Hotbirds i cannot know if a 3m dish would suffice or even a 6m would get them. I read in the past of Hotbird reception in Mumbai with 4.50m dishes and if i am not wrong also from Bangalore on 6m, so that's why i have a little hope that it could also work in New Dehli although it is more east and the elevation very low at 14°.

So, anybody - even people from Pakistan - could help letting me know how signal is falling eastwards.
    Thank you very much everybody for taking time

Greetings from Stuttgart/Germany, Christos Gardikiotis

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear deepbluesky all friquencies which you have mention other then 11.242 V are receive able in Pakistan with 8ft solid dish on Hotbird. 11.823 H frequency is a weak frequency it has batter signal quality at night time and at morning time. All other frequencies are receiveable 24 hours on a 8 ft solid dish.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Nova Hellas reception in Pakistan and India

Quote Originally Posted by deepbluesky
    Hello everybody,

Since many people are here around from Pakistan and India i would like to ask who has reception on Nova Hellas ?

These are the frequencies the package is transmitting:

10.930H
    11.242V
    11.823H
    12.169H
    12.558V
    12.597V

If you get any of these frequencies (i know that it is encrypted, that is not the problem only the signal quality) please let me know the following:

1. Your exact location, best would be coordinates like x° North, y° East
    2. a) Your dish diameter
    b) if it is solid or meshed
    c) if it is industrially made the manufacturer or if it is handmade
    3. Which receiver and LNB are you using ?
    4. Depending on the frequency, is the reception permanent or do you have breaks in certain conditions like heat of the day, clouds, moisture on lower atmospheric elevations ?

Why i am asking ? Well there is a lady in New Dehli and she would like to receive Nova Hellas. I am aware that if the reception is at all possible there one will need a very large dish but since i don't know anybody there who receives the Hotbirds i cannot know if a 3m dish would suffice or even a 6m would get them. I read in the past of Hotbird reception in Mumbai with 4.50m dishes and if i am not wrong also from Bangalore on 6m, so that's why i have a little hope that it could also work in New Dehli although it is more east and the elevation very low at 14°.

So, anybody - even people from Pakistan - could help letting me know how signal is falling eastwards.
    Thank you very much everybody for taking time

Greetings from Stuttgart/Germany, Christos Gardikiotis

Hi,

In India ,down south, Hotbird signals were receivable even down to Bangalore.

In coimbatore ,I have a 5m dish (mesh) motorised and I am watching both Ku and C band programmes. But I yet to try Hotbird. Let me know what exactly you are trying

Vkumar

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

@asifde: Thanks a lot for the useful information
    The loss of 11.242V is no problem at all since only Eurosport is transmitting over it right now, but the rest is important for the lady. By the way she isn't yet in New Dehli but asked to have an idea if reception is possible at all. I know, Dehli is 450km further east than Lahore but your report gives me hope that all frequencies might work on a 4.50m solid dish of good quality.

@vkumar: Thanks also for your reply. What the lady wants is just to know if she can watch Nova Hellas in New Dehli. She has got a subscription since at the moment she is still in Greece, but she just doesn't know if signal is strong enough in New Dehli to get it.

Do you know anybody in New Dehli who receives the Hotbirds with a large (>=3m) dish ?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Anybody else from India ?

Thread Information