Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default C band and Ku Band conflict

Dear friends
    I have a problem....and your valuable advices are needed.
    I have got a C band dish and 2 Ku band dishes, all having dual band LNBs on them. All are attached to 2 seperate receivers with diseqc switches.
    I was watching the channels perfectly uptill date. But now...having problems.
    Problem is: When watching Ku band facing to Nilesat, the moment other receiver is turned on the Ku band signals on the other receiver disappears ie. no signal but in some transponders very very weak signal. While the other dish facing to Eurobird which is on Ku band also, the signals are still working..... Where is this problem arising....
    1- Is the dual Ku band LNB on Nilesat not working properly.
    2- Is C band cancelling the signals of Ku band.
    3- Are the diseqcs conflicting with each other.

Looking forward for your comments.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You have three lnbs on 2 receivers, and how many diseqs, what links the dishes or what links the receivers.
    For one to lose the freqs or polarity, there must be conflict of use from the two receivers.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi friend
    2 receivers are connected with 1 disecq each.....
    The c band Horizontal and Vertical are distributed to each receiver by a splitter....means 1 splitter attached to vertical C band LNB and 1 splitter attached to horizontal C band LNB.
    The other Ku band LNBs are dual polarity by make.
    So in this way....all dishes are connected to the receivers by a diseq switch....
    The problem is....when receiver 1 is closed...receiver 2 working on Ku is ok.....the moment receiver 1 is turned on the receiver 2 working on Ku drops down...no signal.... What might be the cause

One more point to be considered is that ; if i turn the channel to other Ku dish....that works fine even if the receiver 1 is on....
    I feel that the dual LNB is not working properly....

Another point is: i took of the vertical line from the diseqc of receiver 2 and signals came back (during receiver 1 operating).... can the problem be from the splitter attached to the vertical c band

Now there might be 2 possibilities:
    1) KU Dual LNB not operating well... (I came to this conclusion because the other Ku is working ok)
    2) Splitter on vertical c band LNB is not working properly.

I am confused....please help me friend....

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes bro may be ur KU LNB is FAULTY which brand LNB u r using ....

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Ku band LNB is branded as Impax. I think it is a chinese made....

I feel that LNB is faulty as splitter cannot cut the signals...Moreover the other KU band is working....Had the c band vertical LNB faulty then it would have never worked and also cut the other KU LNBs signals also...What do u think

Thread Information