Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Need Help For Signal in DM500S

I was able to see 4 satellite i.e. Asiasat 3S, Panamsat 7,10 , Nilesat and hotbird but now whenever I change channel from one satellite to another, I get service not found. When I on and off the receiver I can see the channels but then again when I change the channel message comes.

I have changed many Disecq and also new cable but nothing seems to help. Can someone please guide me so that I can watch all the satellite without any problem.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Mapping

Quote Originally Posted by afridij View Post
    I was able to see 4 satellite i.e. Asiasat 3S, Panamsat 7,10 , Nilesat and hotbird but now whenever I change channel from one satellite to another, I get service not found. When I on and off the receiver I can see the channels but then again when I change the channel message comes.

I have changed many Disecq and also new cable but nothing seems to help. Can someone please guide me so that I can watch all the satellite without any problem.
    Dear Bro, did You map / Config all your LNB eg LNB 0 Ku 09750/10600 version 1.2 dq A/B and C band accordinly etc.regards

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Please note that there are configurations that however good you set up, the problems persist.
    This are cases that occur on clones. They can fail to change lnb settings when you change channels, and at times refuse to change from ku to c band and vise versa.
    If your problem does not have the above reason, try and reinstall your softwares a fresh, and start again, it might solve the problem. You might change your diseqc's for ever and its never a solution but an added expenditure.
    If you are on a clone then just make do with what it is able to do.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Cogil

Maybe you are right. I am having the problem mentioned by you and I changed my software many times but there is no solution. Maybe the one I have is a clone. Can you suggest any better software that I dont face the problem. By the way it was working before proper and suddenly this happened.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have this problem at least once a month.
    I just reboot and the problem is solved !
    Everthing digital gets muddled once in a while.
    Dont try to figure out why.
    Just turn off the power supply , leave for a minute then turn the power back on again.
    9 out of 10 times this works !

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

i have same problem with dm500 problem is with dm not with software i have tried many things.i think it has more to do with tuner of receiver.discq is not problem.mine channel changes and takes minute or so and it comes try to switch between satelites with fta channels like coming from ku to intelsat 7/10 put geo news first they have best of signals i think and then u can watch whatever u want on that satelite.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    I have this problem at least once a month.
    I just reboot and the problem is solved !
    Everthing digital gets muddled once in a while.
    Dont try to figure out why.
    Just turn off the power supply , leave for a minute then turn the power back on again.
    9 out of 10 times this works !
    I tried all these before you mentioned but still same problem

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@Afridij,
    I dont think anyone has come out with a solution for this kind of
    problems, though so many have tried so many ways, some get out of it
    by chance i suppose, and the next will not use the same formula and
    succeed, while the fifth my just change the software and drop the problem.
    Just like cband has the problem at least monthly, and gets a way out with it,
    if you can get a way to manouver around with it not to be a pain, dont bother too
    much to get into perfection, get into watching.
    Another solution would be try and get an original for peace of mind, otherwise what you get is what you paid for and be proud of it.
    Coming to a long strugle to see whether the problem is tuner or main board or power unit, i can give you my opinion:
    The passive components used on cheaper sets cannot stand the rigorous use required of the original dm, like drive the switching on 22khz, 12v switcher, lnb power, plus boost etc etc. this is because things like heat coeficient, life cycle seal, and operation time limits are not taken into account with cheap manufacturing. The main start failure culprit is the capacitors used, they have a high failure rate than originals, and dont maintain the correct values even in a period of 6 months to 1 year only. once values are diminishing the semicons also start to mulfuntion, switching precision for semicons also start to fail, some correct on chance but the problem hardly goes away till some functions become obsolete.
    This is out of a long comparison on so many equipments on causes of mulfunction on current manufactures not only on dreambox or stbs but plus the others like ipods, and comps some even fail before being used.
    The culprit is quality of the CAPACITORS used and their life span.
    I hope this gives an idea of what you cannot do with your equipments, and also on the present microcircuitry and its microcomponents.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Mr. Cogil
    What you suggest should I do as Here in KSA this is the only one we get. And now adays these are not selling I heard.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

my friend afridi you can not believe this but try you open your dream box and just under the tuner see one part is q 72 and on top of it is f70 take it to technician and tell him to bridge them problem is solved

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks will try it tomorrow

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by afridij View Post
    Mr. Cogil
    What you suggest should I do as Here in KSA this is the only one we get. And now adays these are not selling I heard.
    Try castros suggestion above, it might just work you never know.
    every try is worth the effort.
    one fact not mentioned by castro is whether he lost signal completely, or was getting it occasionally like u do.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    Please note that there are configurations that however good you set up, the problems persist.
    This are cases that occur on clones. They can fail to change lnb settings when you change channels, and at times refuse to change from ku to c band and vise versa.
    If your problem does not have the above reason, try and reinstall your softwares a fresh, and start again, it might solve the problem. You might change your diseqc's for ever and its never a solution but an added expenditure.
    If you are on a clone then just make do with what it is able to do.
    you keep bringing it up about originals vs clones.
    that is absolute bull, this happens with clones originals and copies.
    trust me i have all off them and it happens to all of them.
    The problem lies in the software/image and if it doesn't happens to u than u r just lucky

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Try castros suggestion above, it might just work you never know.
    every try is worth the effort.
    one fact not mentioned by castro is whether he lost signal completely, or was getting it occasionally like u do.
    yes i had the same problem i changer diseqc i changed the cables but the same also tuning it can tune one satillite then tuning fails then i switch off on it will work and when ichange to another channel no signal found is the massage this is 100% the solution here i say for those like afridij problem then is solved but for those have tuner problem like receivers not serching any frequency above 12100 can no work am trying to read here and there and i believe there will be luck

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

@Afridij,
    I dont think anyone has come out with a solution for this kind of
    problems, though so many have tried so many ways, some get out of it
    by chance i suppose, and the next will not use the same formula and
    succeed, while the fifth my just change the software and drop the problem.
    Just like cband has the problem at least monthly, and gets a way out with it,
    if you can get a way to manouver around with it not to be a pain, dont bother too
    much to get into perfection, get into watching.
    Another solution would be try and get an original for peace of mind, otherwise what you get is what you paid for and be proud of it.
    Coming to a long strugle to see whether the problem is tuner or main board or power unit, i can give you my opinion:
    The passive components used on cheaper sets cannot stand the rigorous use required of the original dm, like drive the switching on 22khz, 12v switcher, lnb power, plus boost etc etc. this is because things like heat coeficient, life cycle seal, and operation time limits are not taken into account with cheap manufacturing. The main start failure culprit is the capacitors used, they have a high failure rate than originals, and dont maintain the correct values even in a period of 6 months to 1 year only. once values are diminishing the semicons also start to mulfuntion, switching precision for semicons also start to fail, some correct on chance but the problem hardly goes away till some functions become obsolete.
    This is out of a long comparison on so many equipments on causes of mulfunction on current manufactures not only on dreambox or stbs but plus the others like ipods, and comps some even fail before being used.
    The culprit is quality of the CAPACITORS used and their life span.
    I hope this gives an idea of what you cannot do with your equipments, and also on the present microcircuitry and its microcomponents.
    am 100% sure for his problem is solved because i hd the same

Thread Information