Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dish TV Blocked Blocked Under Piracy

Dear RDI members,

How do i reactivate the Dish TV card & STB ,which i brought from India,under someone's name.And the Person received a call from Dish TV call center for support & told that the Receiver(STB) is now in Dubai.
    Now the STB got Blocked & when i check the status of the VC number is show as
    Sorry! You can't do renewal (Blocked Under Piracy).

Is it Possible now to Activate to view .

Thanks & Regards

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Rameshkumar,
    it happens to many peoples here in the gulf. Once they block it as piracy then it is not possible to activate it back. If you know top level peoples in Dish Tv then only then can do it or else you have to buy another one.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

how do the dishtv people know you're in dubai, who informed them?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Interesting as Rupert Murdoch , the biggest fighter of piracy in the world , does not block the cards of people using Sky Digital receivers and his cards outside of the UK and Ireland the only place where they officially can be used .
    In fact he is probably delighted as it means more income for his Co. BSkyB though he could never admit that.
    So why do the Indian DSTV Co's block receivers ? Are they stupid or what ?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

HI MR RAMESH,

The person from which u have taken the box was ur Relative or some other GUY ..?

Regards

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    HI MR RAMESH,

The person from which u have taken the box was ur Relative or some other GUY ..?

Regards
    Its my relative , but he dont know exactly this will happen & the customer support had asked what problem u have in ur activation & he told the STB is now in Dubai & i dont know whats the problem in it. rest they blocked

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Indian PayTv decorders -outisde India

Now days it is not possible to activate Indian PayTv decorders overseas.
    The new technology is that the PAYTV provider can stop the signals on any one decorder without
    locating the decorder.in n from INDIA
    Isa is done in all major countries.
    it is waste of time buying n paying for the subs,decorder n renewal fees for a long period n finally find that after afew months the signals is DEAD.
    This is called the 21st century piracy breakdown on illegal members.
    Thanks for reading my mail.
    JPS-Australia

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by k_rameshkumar View Post
    Its my relative , but he dont know exactly this will happen & the customer support had asked what problem u have in ur activation & he told the STB is now in Dubai & i dont know whats the problem in it. rest they blocked
    Better to send in india and tell the shop from where buy the stb and rechange the system from blocked,chk if some relations are going a short leave.....or Make the dealer with a good relation ship...
    Tech

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    The new technology is that the PAYTV provider can stop the signals on any one decorder without
    it is waste of time buying n paying for the subs,decorder n renewal fees for a long period n finally find that after afew months the signals is DEAD.
    This technology is there for a long time. Do you remember blocking a card altoghter after some time if subscribition is not paid? In the same way they may have blocked this card(technology wise). When Dish tv called the relative should have told that the stb is in India only. In that case it won't have been blocked.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by k_rameshkumar View Post
    Dear RDI members,

How do i reactivate the Dish TV card & STB ,which i brought from India,under someone's name.And the Person received a call from Dish TV call center for support & told that the Receiver(STB) is now in Dubai.
    Now the STB got Blocked & when i check the status of the VC number is show as
    Sorry! You can't do renewal (Blocked Under Piracy).

Is it Possible now to Activate to view .

Thanks & Regards

Just amazing for this . One thing that u should bring this receiver and card into India and renewal it.Then use this card in Cs with DM ( some members said that Dish tv card can be use in other receiver ) and watch in Dubai.

Otherwise , buy Tatasky receiver and watch freely.It's more easy to renewal , add , change the packages and can recharge from anyplace which can use internet .
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    Interesting as Rupert Murdoch , the biggest fighter of piracy in the world , does not block the cards of people using Sky Digital receivers and his cards outside of the UK and Ireland the only place where they officially can be used .
    In fact he is probably delighted as it means more income for his Co. BSkyB though he could never admit that.
    So why do the Indian DSTV Co's block receivers ? Are they stupid or what ?

Yes Loong , I can't understand why they do like this .

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post

Much appreciate for u info brother JPS.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Nobody yet explained why they are doing this ! They are cutting off their nose to spite their face. They want subscriptions don't they ?
    Can't believe its diplomatic pressure from surrounding countries ...............or is it ? Everyone knows India and Pakistan are not the best of friends
    But the UAE ? Surely they have more important uses for their diplomats than apply pressure on sat service providers

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    I think there is no need for finding reason till diplomatic level. All problems are only about signal piracy. Star,Sony,Zee and all other packages are only for viewing in India. If anyone see this in anyother country then it is signal piracy and they will terminate the subscription.
    No my friend...you clearly did not read my earlier posting !
    Star tv is owned by Richard Murdoch as is Sky Digital in the UK which 8 MILLION subscribers.
    Everybody knows that there are over one million viewers outside the UK using Sky Boxes and cards . English is after all a very popular language all over Europe. In addition there are millions of UK expats who take their boxes to the continent..
    Most importantly HE knows about this but does NOTHING . Yes , the card must be initiated in the UK but after that they are in practice only too happy to leave well alone as it means MORE MONEY for his Co.
    What possible reason would TATA OR DISH want to lose the potential income to be gained by more subscriptions Does anyone know The Indian service providers only LOSE MONEY by their actions . I am truly baffled. For heaven's sake this is NOT piracy as the boxes and subscription cards have been fully paid for !

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

The chances are the monthly subscription was not paid on time and they simply cancelled the sub-card.
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information