Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Clone Dreambox 7020

Now there is a company trying to clone Dreambox 7020. They are planning to spend USD80000 on this work.

Any ideas on this matter? I was told that many companies tried, but just failed at last.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

why clone a dreambox? already there are a lot of other boxes out there which perform and has the same function as dreambox when it comes to feature, etc.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You make big joke , boknoy_ph. You talk through back of head. Ha Ha

There is nothing out there that will do what a dream will do, given the right Linex computer skills, except possably "triple dragon"

How many receivers will decrypt MPEG 4-2-2 Dream will
    regards from OZ bassett

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@bassett,

did i say, that there are other receivers running on linux? which feature are you looking from dreambox? hdd? network capability? true, there may be only dreambox that can decode mpeg4, but who needs mpeg4 now? is it the mainstream technology as of the moment? dreambox is ahead of it's time, that much i acknowledge. so depending on which feature a user wants, you can have your choices and not be tied down to dreambox alone. you yourself said that TD is almost comparable to DM. there is no NEED TO CLONE A DREAMBOX. why clone if you can make comparable devices.

now, that's just me talking at the back of my head.........
    CCcam 2.1.4

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

If you can clone a dreambox, you can sell at a much cheaper price,
    The Chinese are going it with everything from Satellite gear, to golf Clubs,
    Why can they sell cheaper, simple , no developement costs, no testing, no software developement. In short all they have to do is supply a receiver, as with a genuine @metabox 111, ask yourself , just how many clones of that receiver are there.

And if people can get something that looks the same, works more or less the same, but costs a lot less, what are they going to buy..

But there is a constant danger here, while the developers of anything in the electrical domestic market, pay high prices to develope new products, and then sales deminish due to constant cloning, They will simplt leave the market. The result will be low grade clones, and nothing else. No new products, no developement, no research. just 3rd rate rubbish.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello bassett and boknoy_ph

This is a nice subject, but I agree with Basset, because I allready bought some golfstick's from ping made in China, and compare them with the ori's and there is no difference other than that the chinese version is 20 times cheaper

What I hope is that the chinese make a clone, that they improve the weak points in the box and deliver it to the market for 50% of the price, so the satfreak with a small budget can get a top receiver

(weak point's yes a second tuner would be nice and if posible more sensitive and a better powers supply)
    Terrorist use the muslim faith for there privat intrests, and should be killed more painfull than their victems

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

that's the problem, because chinese clones are simply like that, clones including all the defects and misgivings. all they will do is modify the front panel or a single screw placement and that's it. innovation is not in the chinese vocabulary i think. anyhow, the linux is an open source so anybody should be able to modify the OS itself, as for the hardware, now that would be up for them if they can, to get the necessary things assembled and make it work.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information