Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default faulty C band Lnb in lahore market

hi friends
    i am having a strange problem , my lnb got expired after 10 years i dont know what is the coz ( i still believe its ok) that was yuri 17k , anyway a friend of mine gave me some single solution eurostar lnb for testing . i replaced and got signal from asiasat 3 as my dish was focused on this satellite and it is a fixed dish. then i went to hall road to buy a new lnb and got neosat 17k rs 600 without any warranty or testing i dont know why it was so cheap and i was worried that it may not work properly. same happened as i thought when i removed that singal solution and placed new lnb no signal same dish same reciever dont know wats wrong , any solution now i have to give back my friends lnb what should i do with this new one ?
    is there any problem with C band signal these days i am not getting Star utsav , aaj tv a little bit , tv one no signal and wikkid kids channel no signal in lahore , y it is a few months back with my old lnb everything wss ok. whats the problem ymax or faulty lnbs in the market
    thanks

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Faulty LNB

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgypsy View Post
    hi friends
    i am having a strange problem , my lnb got expired after 10 years i dont know what is the coz ( i still believe its ok) that was yuri 17k , anyway a friend of mine gave me some single solution eurostar lnb for testing . i replaced and got signal from asiasat 3 as my dish was focused on this satellite and it is a fixed dish. then i went to hall road to buy a new lnb and got neosat 17k rs 600 without any warranty or testing i dont know why it was so cheap and i was worried that it may not work properly. same happened as i thought when i removed that singal solution and placed new lnb no signal same dish same reciever dont know wats wrong , any solution now i have to give back my friends lnb what should i do with this new one ?
    is there any problem with C band signal these days i am not getting Star utsav , aaj tv a little bit , tv one no signal and wikkid kids channel no signal in lahore , y it is a few months back with my old lnb everything wss ok. whats the problem ymax or faulty lnbs in the market
    thanks
    Normally new LNB's no need testing as we can always go back with the recept/bill or prove of purchase , as that if you have confirmed that its faulty than you must go back and get a replacement after all its matter of days Only.. ( After you install the LNB did you get the Quality bar ? ) and did you test it on your friends Dish etc . Regards

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Its alwats like that. I bought two 15k lnb's at the same price . One gives 80 percent signal strength the other (an infosat blue colour lnb) 60 percent on the same satellite .
    Cant return it as Infosat shop too far and costly to reach ! The taxi both ways would cost more than the lnb !
    Lucky people with a sat shop nearby. Its just bad luck...some lnb's better/worse than others

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

when u r talking about single solution its a diffrent story cause single solution have 2 occilators 5150 mhz V and 5750 mhz H or vice versa so tune ur ird by putting 5150 or 5750 it should work give a try.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Please help me by telling that at what rate it is available in market.Does it work in WIMAX problem area where signal are interrupted by WIMAX towers to c band signals. A shopkeeper in rawalpindi tell me that Single solution lnb can solve problem and he will provide this on order for 2300 PKR (Pak Rupees).I am unable to watch a single C band channel from last 1 year.

If any solution plz HELP................
    Last edited by naumaniqbal; 25th February 2008 at 22:44.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

that shopkeeper is earning 1000 more than its rate here in lahore , but the question is still there no one has answered it . what is the solution of WiMAX or YMAx watever it is , how much its disturbing Cband signals . bcoz i am not getting cnews pal , tv one, star utsav Aaj tv with lot of freezing rest is ok including ptv and zee music dw etc.........
    single solution have 2 occilators what is the diffrence between singal solution or simple Cband Lnb F , what can 2 occilators can do.
    thanks

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by naumaniqbal View Post
    Please help me by telling that at what rate it is available in market.Does it work in WIMAX problem area where signal are interrupted by WIMAX towers to c band signals. A shopkeeper in rawalpindi tell me that Single solution lnb can solve problem and he will provide this on order for 2300 PKR (Pak Rupees).I am unable to watch a single C band channel from last 1 year.

If any solution plz HELP................
    @ Nauman, did you ever get a solution to this as concerns wimax interference on the ordinary lnbs. Did the lnbs or dish solve your problems, for i have exactly same problem on high tower.
    Any suggestions also welcome.

Thread Information