Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Help with Dreambox utilities or applications

There are a lot of applications out there to use along with the Dreambox. The most basic one is probably Dreambox Control Center. There is no help file for this and other than setting up the Network and using the FTP to transfer a couple of files, probably 80% of this utility remains a mystery.FlashWizard Pro is another mysterious utility with no help file, I know that you can make a backup of your image with this and re-load it in your DB when and if it screws up, I know this cause I read it either here or the 10 or 20 other forums I search in order to figure out what to do, A help file is of course so basic that the utility doesn't need one, and everyone other than I must of been born with this dreambox in hand and doesn't need such stupid and basic info, after all what 6 month old doesn't know how to Telnet with DBCC or flash an image at a whim. The other one which of course is also self explanatory is CCcam CC and although the chide attacks on CCcam is kind of like the Battle of The Little Big Horn, and the CCcam being Custer, I still can't figure out what to do with it. Now I cruise a lot of forums to glean info for all this stuff, I have a lot of time cause being so ignorant I managed to retire at an early age, but at the rate of success I am having at locating help files or examples on how to use this stuff, I will be lucky to reach 100 and also find some info on this. So as a last resort if you have any small children that are good with all these utilities for DB, and you are looking for a free babysitter, you can bring them to my house and they can play with this network and get this DB running smoothly as I spy on them and try and learn. If not please be so kind as to give a link, to where help files may be found. It is obvious from reading many threads on this that I am the only one who doesn't know about this stuff. Thank you in advance, and if you should use the babysitting service I provide free snacks and my 8 yr old loves babies, of course I will have to limit his play time so as the expert can get something constructive done.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

try jkf intersat, lotsa guides.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I agree fully with mellow I got my DM two weeks back with the help of one our members and thanks to him. But I know the box has lots of capability, but the problem is lack of knowledge any way I started reading all the links for DM and the thread by Yan naing
    http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=47140&page=2 is quite interesting all the best may I will also be master in coming months

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

DM came with a manual for the default firmware. once you start installing other images and plugins, then you have the obligation to hunt down WHERE that particular firmware or plugin came from. from that, you should be able to see what to do and what it was meant to do.

as i said, go to jkf intersat forums and read on the guides and lots of topics about dreambox.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    DM came with a manual for the default firmware. once you start installing other images and plugins, then you have the obligation to hunt down WHERE that particular firmware or plugin came from. from that, you should be able to see what to do and what it was meant to do.

as i said, go to jkf intersat forums and read on the guides and lots of topics about dreambox.
    I registered but haven't gotten their e-mail yet, thanks for the link.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    try jkf intersat, lotsa guides.
    Never got a confirmation e-mail from this site.

Thread Information