Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default what to do with receivers currently used for DreamTV

As of March 1st, according to what I've read, the receivers we have been using to watch Dream with, will be basically useless. Except for FTA channels which mainly consist of very dull and uninteresting content, receivers such as F1 or Angelbox will be good only as cumbersome paper weights, unless of course you want to torture the family and make them watch FTA's, something I am not inclined to do.
    Can these receivers somehow be upgraded?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    As of March 1st, according to what I've read, the receivers we have been using to watch Dream with, will be basically useless. Except for FTA channels which mainly consist of very dull and uninteresting content, receivers such as F1 or Angelbox will be good only as cumbersome paper weights, unless of course you want to torture the family and make them watch FTA's, something I am not inclined to do.
    Can these receivers somehow be upgraded?

These receivers won't come back again and as well for Fun , Atmega and Sun cards if dream tv move to strong encryption.As they said all pirate will be cut off and don't waste ur money for these pirate receviers.Let's wait and see what will happen on 1st March.

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Does anyone know exactly what encryption they intend using. Mind you the upgrade, is way overtime
    regards from OZ bassett

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what encryption they intend using. Mind you the upgrade, is way overtime
    Does this help ?

New Software for Digit-All-World (DAW-951) Decoders
    A new software for Dream Subscribers using DAW-951 decoder units shall be available over-the-air until Feb. 29, 2008. This software is an upgrade from the current S/W Version 8.01 to S/W Version 8.02.

For assistance on unsuccessful upgrades, please call our call center at (02)-918-8000 or (02)705

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

according to fsales, they will be using a mix and match of encryptions, not solely nagra. so let's just wait if there will be a fast response from the makers of your stb's. anyway, there is still hope since i think they won't be changing the subscription card... so let the countdown begin.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    according to fsales, they will be using a mix and match of encryptions, not solely nagra. so let's just wait if there will be a fast response from the makers of your stb's. anyway, there is still hope since i think they won't be changing the subscription card... so let the countdown begin.

Yes , the answer will come out at 1 March.I think we've little chance to get back Dream channels and other wise will lost 100% .

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

local channels will be on N1, premium channels on N2 (still hackable). but that's all rumors.... you may all have to wait until 12MN of feb 29 and see what happens, lol.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Firstly the sub-cards can be upgraded over the air, and there hardly likely to go to the expence of an up-grade, and still allow a substitute receiver to operate on there channels without a valid subscription.
    This has all happened before, the Zee network did it with Conex, I suspect they will be using nagra 3, but only time will tell on that one.
    regards from OZ bassett

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

a phone call to dynasat would be the best thing there bussines has only be going becouse there stbs auto roll on dream so if anyone needs dream they do

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

for the moment, they will use SIMULCRYPT where in 2 or more encryption are thransmitted and it allows existing cards and stb to work without modification as long as your stb is capable of simulcrypt systems. since old s/w version of sna951 is not capable of simulcrypt then they are currently upgrading their sna952. i think we are still lucky at the moment coz they are not changing or replacing their existing card but im sure that they will do that in the future when all their setup are fully working.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by fsales View Post
    for the moment, they will use SIMULCRYPT where in 2 or more encryption are thransmitted and it allows existing cards and stb to work without modification as long as your stb is capable of simulcrypt systems. since old s/w version of sna951 is not capable of simulcrypt then they are currently upgrading their sna952. i think we are still lucky at the moment coz they are not changing or replacing their existing card but im sure that they will do that in the future when all their setup are fully working.
    Thanks for the info.. It's quite possable they will completly reprogram the VALID sub-card over the air, and it will be done in such a way, that only valid cards will have there E-prom chips, re-written. Any clone cards will simply be ignored, and in that way it will also invalidate all non-genuine cards.
    regards from OZ bassett

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by fsales View Post

Thanks alot for ur info brother Fsales.So you means that our emu boxes and cards will be capable with their new Simulcrypt system or anything else ? PLz. explain me sir .

Regards.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Let see by that 1st march be4 we think on what to do and how to go about it, as for sumthing most be done on that.
    cheers
    El Farouk ibn McFrancis

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Thanks alot for ur info brother Fsales.So you means that our emu boxes and cards will be capable with their new Simulcrypt system or anything else ? PLz. explain me sir .

Regards.
    i did not say that your emu box and cards will work. what i said is, if your stb is capable of SIMULCRYPT system then probably it will work.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

. SIMULCRYPT is a duel encryption system where one encryption is encased in another,
    what the receiver needs to do is gain access to the first encryption, before it can open the 2nd.
    Simulcrypt allows two CA systems to work side by side, transmitting separate ... Technical simulcrypt is the same thing but within a single multiplex, ...

See here, http://www.dtg.org.uk/reference/tutorial_ca.html

Realistically the only thing that will work is a correct receiver with a correct sub card and subscription.
    Looks like the party's over, and it will also apply to any sort of CS, It simply ain't gunna work
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information