Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Free Tv From Home

I have searched the many internet websites and have found the best free TV website I can find: www.viewmy.tv

viewmy.tv has thousands of live channels from the UK and across the globe and even allows members to upload their own TV channels and take part in a lively online community where you can take advantage of some great social networking features. I have set up a profile which makes viewmy.tv even better as I can easily connect with friends, blog, rate, save, share and discuss channels. All this is completely free and is great for me when I am at work or wherever I have a broadband connection.

Now watching online TV has never been easier as they have just created a brand new Apple Widget so that you can access TV straight from your dashboard and a Vista gadget so you can watch TV from your side bar.

Vista gadget: http://www.viewmy.tv/help/pc_gadget.aspx

Mac widget: http://www.viewmy.tv/help/install-mac-osx-widget.aspx

I would recommend checking this site out as it has so much to offer- fantastic website!

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by rosanna1 View Post
    I have searched the many internet websites and have found the best free TV website I can find: www.viewmy.tv

viewmy.tv has thousands of live channels from the UK and across the globe and even allows members to upload their own TV channels and take part in a lively online community where you can take advantage of some great social networking features. I have set up a profile which makes viewmy.tv even better as I can easily connect with friends, blog, rate, save, share and discuss channels. All this is completely free and is great for me when I am at work or wherever I have a broadband connection.

Now watching online TV has never been easier as they have just created a brand new Apple Widget so that you can access TV straight from your dashboard and a Vista gadget so you can watch TV from your side bar.

Vista gadget: http://www.viewmy.tv/help/pc_gadget.aspx

Mac widget: http://www.viewmy.tv/help/install-mac-osx-widget.aspx

I would recommend checking this site out as it has so much to offer- fantastic website!
    seems to like vista set ups only. donno abt xp.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Tried it for fifteen minutes and not very happy . Progs seem to start with a welcome greeting showing it was not live but a prepared video. Sky news was NOT the real thing but a contuous looped news report and many progs said 'ready' but would not show...not even BBC World which I waS hoping would show me if it was a live broadcast or not.
    Unlike VDU an excellent free IPTV service no software needed to be downloaded but if its just video clips and not live tv then its a con.
    Other reports please.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I tried this and had mixed feelings. I liked the fact that no software download was necessary because a lot of similar services are full of spyware and other nasties. On the other hand there was very little 'premium' content (e.g. like the EPL available on some of the Chinese rival services), some links were dead and some channels did seem to be recorded clips. I tried Thai TV5 and thought that was live. It wouldn't be surprising if many channels are live because many of those featured are already available free on the web.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Problems

There is also an XP gadet coming out very soon. I think the viewmy.tv team are really great for hlep, I had no problems with my Mac download.

For free online live TV streaming, I think www.viewmy.tv is100% the best site as it seems to never stop streaming or break up. I am watching TV from my desktop which is better as I dont have to go onto site all the time. you shold try it out, my boss at never catches me watching TV all day!

Love it

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Free Internet TV

if you are looking for multi-lingual tv, online tv social community, social tv network, internet tv stations, tv channels, free global internet tv, broadband channels, live webcast, customized tv programmes, After testing various TV software and visiting loads of sites. most of them offer a free trial or preview and then they make you pay to sign up, or are cluttered with ads. I think that is ridiculous... so ive done my research and have found a couple of really decent sites. The first one Id like to draw your attention to is (www.viewmy.tv) This site has almost 1300 channels from around the globe and counting. it is free to register and they dont ask for stupid details, just your username and email address. It actually streams live channels so you dont have to download any and they have a pretty easy way of finding the channel you want. You can search through genre, country, region or name of the channel. oh and there are no ads either. Check this one out. With over 1300 channels from hundreds of countries, loads of features like channel rating, user recommendations, live chat, profile pages and much much more.

now we have viewmy.tv Vista Gadget (www.viewmy.tv)
    Summary: Created by viewmy.tv (www.viewmy.tv) , this TV gadget gives you access to free Internet TV channels from around the world !
    Description: Created by viewmy.tv (www.viewmy.tv) , this TV gadget gives you access to free Internet TV from around the world. With this gadget you can play online TV right on your PC! Viewmy.tv provides access to thousands of free streaming TV channels from over a hundred countries. Viewmy.tv members simply add their username and password to the gadget to access all their saved channels from their personalised profiles. Viewmy.tv (www.viewmy.tv) provides access to free internet television with social networking and community features. This viewmy.tv (www.viewmy.tv) gadget connects your PC to your viewmy.tv (www.viewmy.tv) MyTV profile page and lets you watch channels directly without needing to go to the website.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Talk about spamming yourself.

I already have free IPTV with over 100 English channels that I can watch anywhere in the world in MPEG4...

Much better streaming than dodgy free pc websites...

If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Those people who say the service is wonderful without proding details of their location or download speed are making meaningless comments.
    No reason to doubt their honesty or integrity but its not just the site thats important but the broadband connection. WITHOUT THAT YOU ONLY GET A BLANK SCREEN

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Checked a few UK (Viewmy.tv) channels against UK cable and found most were near live. For example:

BBC 24 Recorded clip – not live
    BBC Parliament – Significant time lag but same session
    Bloomberg – small time lag
    ITV2 – time lag
    ITV4 – time lag
    Sky News – not live, clip
    Eurosport UK - time lag and poor picture
    Price-drop – small time lag

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by citizen33 View Post
    Checked a few UK (Viewmy.tv) channels against UK cable and found most were near live. For example:

BBC 24 Recorded clip – not live
    BBC Parliament – Significant time lag but same session
    Bloomberg – small time lag
    ITV2 – time lag
    ITV4 – time lag
    Sky News – not live, clip
    Eurosport UK - time lag and poor picture
    Price-drop – small time lag
    Many thanks Citizen 33. Its that sort of information we all need to keep abreast of facts on the ground. Here in Thailand using TOT many channels do not show and many are just clips as a test on the Danish channel showed. They give the game away when a picture comes up saying Welcome to Danmarks Radio . Also comparing the live Sky news prog which is broadcast from London its clear that their repetitive looped news report is not a live broadcast . (In case you are wondering how we receive it here its on Asiasat and Intelsat 10.encryped but viewable in some places by some people ie at the Belair hotel in Bangkok)

Thread Information