Dear, Members in this wonderful forum,
Here, I want to inform you about significant Festival that will take place in Egypt, entitled:
Satellites....Rights & duties"11-13 March 2008The first session under the motto….."Our word to be part of the legislation"Exhibition stands for sponsors, the country guest of honor, Media Day Body, As well as, survey for selecting the Year Media Elite & crowning "The Best Liked" (channel- program- broadcaster) among Arab Satellite Channels,The Opening Ceremony at: Pyramisa Cairo hotelThe Closing Ceremony at: Sofitel HotelAs to be the greatest event in the world of satellite channels
Event Goals :
1- The first and biggest gathering for Arab Satellites that aims at:
A large gathering of heads and managements of Arab Satellite Channels, representatives of satellites' owners, broadcast sources, bodies granting license, Arab media cities, channels' users, official and unofficial corporations, and all concerned parties, to discuss the current performance and work of satellite channels and to address all the needs of all parties.
2- Organizational and technical advancement of satellites' field through:
- The study the obstacles preventing the integrity of supreme media message and discussing the means of remedy.
- To submit technical, media, economic and marketing studies, scientific and practical solutions, and international expertise by elite of professors of university and professionals which should evolve media work of Arab satellite channels for the competition on the international arena.
- To submit Legal specific studies for the specialized channels' work (news – religious - sports -….etc) and other items relevant and relate to the work of satellite channels and those interested in its work.
- Unifying the advantages ( tax and custom) given to satellite channels in some Arab countries and its effectiveness in other countries, considering the channels performing media message of national interest and significant industry we must encourage.
- Establishing Arab Union for Arab satellite Channels, as the first Arab Union for specialized Satellite Channels, as the first Arab Union for Satellite Channels, that unify their front, represent them, protect their intellectual property rights, and to stand against the piracy of media articles.
3- Achieving the balance between right of expression, freedom of creation, social liability of satellite channels, governmental and civil society roles, owners of satellite channels and its workers, and between the audience interests and the Arab society as a whole. In addition to setting out general principles to protect the interests of all parties, as well as creating protection mechanism to carryout these principles, through:
- Lay down Media Honor Charter to regulate media performance among channels.
4- Working on real information exchange among Arab Satellites as to benefit all the parties, such as:
- To issue an (Audiovisual) Arab Media Index that groups, in a record, all satellite channels, governmental and nongovernmental companies, corporations, and institutions, media experts, and all operators in this field.
- Submit the Arab Satellites' Media Archive Idea- that includes documentary record for all media, artistic, and literary Arab creations for famous and elite figures that affected and enriched Arab Media Work with all its branches, as well as all former Arab Media Events, in order to preserve its heritage, be continuous revival, and to be available for every seeker.
5- To honor and crown the year media elite and "The Best liked" (channel- program- broadcaster) for the audiences among Arab satellite channels.
-To form Media Elite Base in order to establish Arab Media Watch – that will assume the observance of media performance of satellites and issue annual report about the satellites commitment of the Media Honor Charter.
Their Excellencies Ministers of Arab Information and culture, the Ministries of Arab Information representatives, number of interested official and governmental Arab Bodies, owners and heads, representatives of satellites' broadcasters, broadcast sources, Arab media cities, bodies granting license, channels' users, official and unofficial corporations . In addition to, key Arab figures of press, literature, culture, media, and art interested in this field in Egypt, Arab countries, and some concerned international and regional organizations, as well as Official delegate from Egyptian Radio & TV Union, Media Production City & Nilesat Company.
For More Information Please visit this website:
or call this number:
I would like to know the opinion of the member of the forum about
satellite channels' perfomance nowdadys ?
What is your favored satellite channel ? why? English and Arabic
Who is Best Arab and Western Anchor you like ?
this is the conference website in Arabic: www.satconf.org
in English is this the temporary site
we really appreciate you opinion
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)