Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Alternative to Dish Antenna

Dear RDI friends.

I remember , about fifteen or more years ago, the people here in Myanmar were afraid of using exposed dishes. We hid for them under roofs in the ceiling after changing corrugated plastic roof.Sometimes we hid them inside unused old water tanks & in extreme cases we hid them in the ground after digging out the earth covered by plastic sheet etc. We did try hiding dish as the building structure not to be seen as dish, without much success. But we have to re start that camouflage style of dish assemblies.

If you have any experience and ways of hiding dishes or using Array Antennas, different setups, Please help us all.

Otherwise, since no more Dishes, I too have to change my proffesion.

Regards.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

there are pipe dish like pulsat lx2000. dunno how much you can get with that size, but maybe you can modify it to be equivalent to a bigger dish.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

How about wooden dish?
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

a wooden dish would still look like a dish. your goal is to hide or at least not to be obvious especially to the officials who want to check if you are having a dish or satellite setup.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hiding satellite dish is quite easy if its only small enough to be hidden under your roof. how its done? quite ingenious...

This picture is taken with permission from the website of ************* in Germany. This installation belongs to a satellite fan called ************, and shows that with a bit of imagination and experimenting, you can get reception of satellite signals without having the dish bolted on the wall. The window glass has been replaced with plastic.
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

do any members have experience with mobile sat antenae?,,,would this smaller and non "dish" looking device go undetected or be easier to hide for our oppressed brothers in mayanmar?
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    hiding satellite dish is quite easy if its only small enough to be hidden under your roof. how its done? quite ingenious...

This picture is taken with permission from the website of ************* in Germany. This installation belongs to a satellite fan called ************, and shows that with a bit of imagination and experimenting, you can get reception of satellite signals without having the dish bolted on the wall. The window glass has been replaced with plastic.
    Wow, Thanks Zoren for the Pic, I was trying to do something like this, but was not sure it would work.. Now i will try!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sky is an Experimental Lab In the World Of Satellites.
    ::\Dish TV India::90Cms MCBS Dish Hooked to ABS-1 and Edusat and May be Insat 4CR in the Near Future::

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Alternative to Dish Antenna

@boknoy_ph
    Thanks alot for information about pulsat lx2000. I google it and found very interesting.
    Never heard about before.
    I will be reading & studying about it before experimenting.

Regards.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by L.ZauJa View Post
    Dear RDI friends.

I remember , about fifteen or more years ago, the people here in Myanmar were afraid of using exposed dishes. We hid for them under roofs in the ceiling after changing corrugated plastic roof.Sometimes we hid them inside unused old water tanks & in extreme cases we hid them in the ground after digging out the earth covered by plastic sheet etc. We did try hiding dish as the building structure not to be seen as dish, without much success. But we have to re start that camouflage style of dish assemblies.

If you have any experience and ways of hiding dishes or using Array Antennas, different setups, Please help us all.

Otherwise, since no more Dishes, I too have to change my proffesion.

Regards.
    take a look here this guy is a star
    http://pinoycourt.com/viewtopic.php?t=6057

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@bro. Zoren ,

Many thanks for that great suggestion & picture.I'll try it later and tell u my result and am sure it'll work .

Regards.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    a wooden dish would still look like a dish. your goal is to hide or at least not to be obvious especially to the officials who want to check if you are having a dish or satellite setup.

Thanks Sir boknoy , yes that's also look like the dish.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    do any members have experience with mobile sat antenae?,,,would this smaller and non "dish" looking device go undetected or be easier to hide for our oppressed brothers in mayanmar?

Thx. bro. David , yes I hope some experience members will share this knowledge for us.

Best Regards.

@ bro Pimpim ,

I mean this one.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

and here's yet another innovative "dish"

it's a dish, believe me. you can even have it decorated to your taste.

-http://www.self-sat.com/sub_decoration.php
    CCcam 2.1.4

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

It's really hard to pursue our hobby when we are in a very restrictive society.. thanks to the innovations & bright ideas of some people to have a work around on this situations!

And even in free society, some building owners & city codes restrict the size of disk one should install!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

good thing here in my place we don't have such restrictions. you can get as big a dish as you want and nobody bothers as long as you don't block their satellite reception.

anyway, when there's a will.... there always will be a way.

with regards to the mobile antenna setup most commonly found on RV campers, and yatchs, i think it is equivalent to a 1M parabolic dish, it is motorized too for automatic satellite tuning (if you decide to hook it up to a vehicle). the question therefore is, what can you get with a 1M dish from your location? i have seen a type of this antenna back in one of the shopping malls in iloilo, philippines.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information