Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Intelsat 7/10 Help Please!!!!

Hello;

First of All Happy New Year.
    I have installed 1.8 m solid dish with neosat cband lnbf and echolink 700 receiver. i am getting majority of the channels 60-70 % but i am not getting transponders like ARY Digital and Dawn News. i have checked the dish alignment and lnb setting but of no use.
    can anyone help me to solve the problem. please also tell whether one can get these channels with 6 feet dish or not?

thanks

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by nadeem76 View Post
    Hello;

First of All Happy New Year.
    I have installed 1.8 m solid dish with neosat cband lnbf and echolink 700 receiver. i am getting majority of the channels 60-70 % but i am not getting transponders like ARY Digital and Dawn News. i have checked the dish alignment and lnb setting but of no use.
    can anyone help me to solve the problem. please also tell whether one can get these channels with 6 feet dish or not?

thanks
    Hello Nadeem, whats your location?
    DM500S, FortecStar Alpha, Lifetime Ultra, Lifetime Classic:
    Intelsat 7/10, TelStar 12 and NSS 7

Time spent on Reconnaissance is seldom wasted.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi nadeem76
    May be u r using Neosat single salution LNBF and u r getting all vertical polarity channels only u have problem on horizontal channels. Just do one thing just subtract or minus 600 from orignal frequency all other parameters all same and then check.

for exaple Ary on
    so 3864-600 = 3264
    put this frequency for Ary then check.

Thanks and best regards.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

From the point above,
    you can also try a dual polarity lnb

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

i think in your home roof signal probal for mobile compamy tower.
    You need card sharing Chack This
    http://cardsharing.freetzi.com/
    [email protected]

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mkami4pk View Post
    i think in your home roof signal probal for mobile compamy tower.
    They use different frequencies so mobile cell phone towers probably not the issue.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Bonknaaai my location is lahore pakistan . and in lahore its bedian road.

Rajadada i have tried minus 600 thing but its not working.

I am getting few H polarity channels and the complete list receivable and no receivable is:

Receiving: Not Receiving:

3516 v 4126 H
    3661 v 4160 H
    3716 h 3863 h
    3716 v etc etc
    3744 h
    3744 v
    37 68 h
    3774 h
    etc etc

Please Help me out.

Thanks

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I am also having problems with ARY with 1.8m solid dish, IF I try find tune the dish I am getting very week signal, mostly i watch other channels so I did"t try again.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    They use different frequencies so mobile cell phone towers probably not the issue.
    The problem comes after down converstion from the lnb. Those Mobile signals enter into those cables and causes problems. I heard if we concel the wires inside a metal pipe we can get some respite. I saw some thing about this in a Pakistani forum.

Hmm I face freezing pictures whenever airplanes approrach the runway for landing (stupid altitude radars)

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Problem Solved.

Nothing like cell tower etc etc.

The focal rods were 1 inch longer than required. after doing this now getting 75% signal quality for ARY on 6 feet dish.

One important thing... i consulted top dish technician and he said look there is no surety ARY will run also suggested to install good LNB worth 2000 Rs.... and further said wud charge services charges 1000 no matter it runs or not.... i just told him go to hell and applied my engineering.

onething prove... all those not getting ARY can get with proper dish allignment.

regards

thanks toall those who responded and gave their valuable comments

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by nadeem76 View Post
    Problem Solved.

Nothing like cell tower etc etc.

The focal rods were 1 inch longer than required. after doing this now getting 75% signal quality for ARY on 6 feet dish.

One important thing... i consulted top dish technician and he said look there is no surety ARY will run also suggested to install good LNB worth 2000 Rs.... and further said wud charge services charges 1000 no matter it runs or not.... i just told him go to hell and applied my engineering.

onething prove... all those not getting ARY can get with proper dish allignment.

regards

thanks toall those who responded and gave their valuable comments
    Great stuff, Glad you solved the problem, there are so many things to check, luckily for you it was something you could do yourself.....

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    The problem comes after down converstion from the lnb. Those Mobile signals enter into those cables and causes problems. I heard if we concel the wires inside a metal pipe we can get some respite. I saw some thing about this in a Pakistani forum.

Hmm I face freezing pictures whenever airplanes approrach the runway for landing (stupid altitude radars)

Airport raders are 10,000mhz and your Cband is only 3000 plus so should not be affected.

Maybe you should try RG6 Quad Shile and a decent Cband LNB that also is well designed. May people just want cheap arse shit and they get shit in shit out.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@ nadeem,
    good work when you have problems, sharing always gives a solution, but the experiments can only be done by you - congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post

@lnb, i do have same problem when planes approach landing in the airport, but have noticed its nothing to do with the radar, the issue is the signal path on reception to the dish, any time its interfered with the signal level goes low and thus the freezing. second subject is how much quality level is there, giving you a longer freeze, shorter freeze or no freeze at all.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi All,
    I have read the posts re: the aircraft radar, ground radar and possiby aircraft in the path of the C band signal.
    I2E has pointed out the radar frequencies and C Band are far away from each other, so shouldnt cause a problem.
    But.... Remember, the dish is aligned exactly onto the sat position, the Horizontal and vertical beamwidth is very narrow, (for example an aircraft temp blocking the signal path could possibly cause the signal to drop out, much like a bad storm) after down converting to 950-2150 Mhz you have to consider the receiver front end sensitivity and spurious rejection, this is nothing to write home about, its not of a communication receiver specification, and I beleive is subject to being swamped and interfered with, by a much stronger, localised signal, even if it's frequency is far off C band.
    This theory could be supported if the problems are experienced by multiple users, for short periods of time.

Regards

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Guys,
    Tried to simulate interference like the aircraft radar signal.
    Pointed a 2.4 Ghz 23 Dbi WiFi grid with 100mW output power at my C Band dish, currently on NSS7, used CNN ch as its signal level is not so high,
    At 20M away from the CBand dish no intereferece was received........
    So I guess maybe my theory above died

Thread Information