Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default DDreamView picture breaking up all the time

Dreambox is finally working after much effort and the help of a couple of people, one being davidss1, who has shown tremendous patience, and infinite help.Now I am trying to want to view the movies in my PC. I am using DreamView for this and although I get a picture its constantly breaking up. I have VLC installed on PC as well as Java. The picture on the TV is very clear. I don't know if the server, I'm trying out, has something to do with it, because during the day it freezes at times, while at night around 8PM it isn't worth watching cause it freezes too much. Got the Network working well, router 1, Main PC 2, Dreambox3, 2nd PC 4. The Dreambox Control Center showing that all is connected,between router, Dreambox, and PC. Any help will be appreciated as always.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you are not quite specific with your descriptions. while getting clear picture on your tv, are you trying to view via pc at the same time and end up getting distorted images or you are trying to view the channel while the "server" freezes?

what image are you on?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    you are not quite specific with your descriptions. while getting clear picture on your tv, are you trying to view via pc at the same time and end up getting distorted images or you are trying to view the channel while the "server" freezes?

what image are you on?
    The image is Gemini. I am trying to view via PC at the same time. When the picture is clear and working properly on the TV, I nevertheless get a picture which is breaking up on the PC. When the server freezes on TV, I pretty much expect the same results on the PC.There seems to be a server problem at times, but I think the results should be the same for PC and TV. Of course I don't know this for sure, just learning.
    I have the same set up for my son( this is his Dreambox and TV and PC were talking about), as Zoren has illustrated for us on the thaicom5 thread, but without the Grounding Block, something I was unaware of, nor do I know the effects of it not being included. Maybe it has an overall effect on picture quality.http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=59668

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Have you tried the web streaming?
    Type in your DM s ip address
    Give the username as root and password dreambox
    and enter the web interface.
    (You may need to download the required plugin VLC player)
    Then click web X TV
    and Video
    wait a few seconds
    You will get the pic and sound.
    DM 600+80GB DM 7020+160GB+ LED 55"

Thread Information