Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    836
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default Satellites received on 1.2 meter offset Dish in South India ?


    Hi Friends,

    The following satellites we received in these 2 cities of South India(Bangalore & Hyderebad) on 1.2 meter offset Antenna.

    1 Telstar 18 Ku Beam V/H both TPS
    2 Thaicom Ku beam all the TPS
    3 Eurobird 2 25.5
    4 ABS NORTH(Signal level was 24 to 26) +South beam.

    Satellites still to find are:
    1 Agila @146
    2 Express AM 1 @40 degree.
    3 Badr 3/4

    Thanks & Regard,
    Bangalore

  2. #2
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Hindustan
    Posts
    291
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    Hi Friends,

    The following satellites we received in these 2 cities of South India(Bangalore & Hyderebad) on 1.2 meter offset Antenna.

    1 Telstar 18 Ku Beam V/H both TPS
    2 Thaicom Ku beam all the TPS
    3 Eurobird 2 25.5
    4 ABS NORTH(Signal level was 24 to 26) +South beam.

    Satellites still to find are:
    1 Agila @146
    2 Express AM 1 @40 degree.
    3 Badr 3/4

    Thanks & Regard,
    Bangalore
    North Beam of ABS-1 @ B'lore & HYD

    Bhai, which make of the Dish ur using ? plz tell us !
    Technology Makes You Live

  3. #3
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    836
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by urpradhan View Post
    North Beam of ABS-1 @ B'lore & HYD

    Bhai, which make of the Dish ur using ? plz tell us !
    urpradhan bro we are having a China made Dish its somewhat costly than local made antennas, the cost is around 4000 rs.

    North Beam of ABS is around 24 to 26. I will show you the snap if you want.

    Regards,
    Bangalore

  4. #4
    FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,675
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    urpradhan bro we are having a China made Dish its somewhat costly than local made antennas, the cost is around 4000 rs.

    North Beam of ABS is around 24 to 26. I will show you the snap if you want.

    Regards,
    Bangalore
    hey its really amazing....plz post the video or snapshot

  5. #5
    Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,090
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    urpradhan bro we are having a China made Dish its somewhat costly than local made antennas, the cost is around 4000 rs.

    North Beam of ABS is around 24 to 26. I will show you the snap if you want.

    Regards,
    Bangalore
    Can you get the signal lock for ABS northern beam? Show the pictures.

  6. #6
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    80
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Hey!
    Thats great news... What is the signel level you are getting on your ABS south beam?


    24-26 seems to be too low to me. Anyways, are you able to tune any channels?
    Last edited by Mangalore; 27th December 2007 at 12:55.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sky is an Experimental Lab In the World Of Satellites.
    ::\Dish TV India::90Cms MCBS Dish Hooked to ABS-1 and Edusat and May be Insat 4CR in the Near Future::

  7. #7
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    836
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    Can you get the signal lock for ABS northern beam? Show the pictures.
    Bro I will show u the Video of Tuning the Frequenxcy in receiver But as we were not able to Lock the frequency as my receiver requires at least 30 % signal to show me the Video and Lock the channel.

    If Require I can show u the video of 24-26 signal in my receiver for ABS north TPS.

    Actually the shopkeeper was selling same 120 cm China made antenna for 4000 rs

    The Quality of Antenna is very good and it comes with its own Stand so no need to construct a concrete stand for this Antenna.

    Regards,
    Bangalore

  8. #8
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Near Chennai, India
    Posts
    197
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    Bro I will show u the Video of Tuning the Frequenxcy in receiver But as we were not able to Lock the frequency as my receiver requires at least 30 % signal to show me the Video and Lock the channel.

    If Require I can show u the video of 24-26 signal in my receiver for ABS north TPS.

    Actually the shopkeeper was selling same 120 cm China made antenna for 4000 rs

    The Quality of Antenna is very good and it comes with its own Stand so no need to construct a concrete stand for this Antenna.

    Regards,
    Bangalore
    Dear Bangalore,
    Please send the shopkeeper's address to me by PM

  9. #9
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    836
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Selvaraj View Post
    Dear Bangalore,
    Please send the shopkeeper's address to me by PM
    Dear Selvaraj,

    I will get u the cell no tomorrow as we have taken all 8 pcs from that shopkeeper to supply to some hotels.

    Regards,
    BLR

  10. #10
    Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,090
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    Bro I will show u the Video of Tuning the Frequenxcy in receiver But as we were not able to Lock the frequency as my receiver requires at least 30 % signal to show me the Video and Lock the channel.

    If Require I can show u the video of 24-26 signal in my receiver for ABS north TPS.

    Regards,
    Bangalore
    Where did you got 24-26%? In Hydrabad or in Bangalore? In which receiver it shows 26%? It will be anyway good to see a video. Sharaf showed a video of getting Thaicom Ku, Agila, Hotbird etc., Waiting for your set of videos.

  11. #11
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    80
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Hi,
    i reckon the dish is a solid one. From where did you get the dishes? Is it from bangalore? If not how did you manage the transportation?
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sky is an Experimental Lab In the World Of Satellites.
    ::\Dish TV India::90Cms MCBS Dish Hooked to ABS-1 and Edusat and May be Insat 4CR in the Near Future::

  12. #12
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    836
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    Hi,
    i reckon the dish is a solid one. From where did you get the dishes? Is it from bangalore? If not how did you manage the transportation?
    HI ALL,

    Bro Actually the cost of Good Quality Ku 1.2 Antenna was 4000 rs we enquired everywhere in Chennai,Bangalore and even in Delhi finally we bargained and got 8 pcs of Antennas for 3500 rs.

    And We received Thaicom Truevision and All Ku Band 48 to 50 %
    Abs1 North Beam only 24-26 % But no signal lock as my receiver accepts atleast 30% .

    My receiver is Gardiner OLD receiver.

    and as far as video is concerned I will load the video soon I dont have a Video recorder in my Mobile.
    Satellites I failed to receive:

    1 Express AM1 @40 degree
    2 Badr 3/4 Ku beam
    3 Agila

    Now I have ordered a 6 feet Fiber Dish to get ABS and all Satellites like Agila and Hotbird.

    The Dish cost is not much it costs me around 6500 to 7000 for a 6 feet Offset Antenna. Lets see how is the result of 6 feet offset antenna. In Mumbai we my people were able to receive Hotbird on this 6 feet offset antenna.

    Regards,
    Bangalore
    Last edited by Bangalore; 28th December 2007 at 08:29.

  13. #13
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    80
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    HI Bangalore..

    You still didnot answer my question!
    1. Where did you get the dishes from? i.e From where did you bargained and got 8 pcs of Antennas?
    2. Also My earlier question: Since you got about 26% signel on ABS North beam, how much did you get on the South Beam?

    Regards
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sky is an Experimental Lab In the World Of Satellites.
    ::\Dish TV India::90Cms MCBS Dish Hooked to ABS-1 and Edusat and May be Insat 4CR in the Near Future::

  14. #14
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    836
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mangalore View Post
    HI Bangalore..

    You still didnot answer my question!
    1. Where did you get the dishes from? i.e From where did you bargained and got 8 pcs of Antennas?
    2. Also My earlier question: Since you got about 26% signel on ABS North beam, how much did you get on the South Beam?

    Regards
    HI Mangalore,

    Bro I purchased from Laxmi Electronics Lalbagh,basically one of my person is supplier of Dishes in Bangalore city thats why we have taken whole lot of that shop.
    and In Abs South Beam I received 95-97 signal.

    Regards,
    Bangalore

  15. #15
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default Dish make


    Dish make

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top