Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default problem receiver?

hello guys, maybe this question came before allready, my latest dynasat f1 is only receiving channels in H polarity and not in V polarity
    i allready checked lnb+ settings , wire connections, still same , (and as on the same dish my other receivers not have a problem , silverbox, 7200, metabox , infosat , tigerbox etc...) , what this problem and any advice from the experts what to fix , as i want to leave it fix in local shop so i can explain what to change ( must go with 2 receivers as a friend has got same problem with silverbox),
    thanks to all for any advice on this matter.........

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by patthai View Post
    hello guys, maybe this question came before allready, my latest dynasat f1 is only receiving channels in H polarity and not in V polarity
    i allready checked lnb+ settings , wire connections, still same , (and as on the same dish my other receivers not have a problem , silverbox, 7200, metabox , infosat , tigerbox etc...) , what this problem and any advice from the experts what to fix , as i want to leave it fix in local shop so i can explain what to change ( must go with 2 receivers as a friend has got same problem with silverbox),
    thanks to all for any advice on this matter.........
    is the stb the only one on the lnb feed?,or do u have the stb looped with another?
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

before you get the shop to check it out,input the latest code
    and also the previous code.
    at times i have had the same problem and when i input the 2 latest code
    its solved the problem
    JOE SOAP

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks all 2 for reply, first my dish has got dual single c-band lnb,and twin output ku band lnb, so i have my f1 in bedroom on ku band only and 7200 in living room, my f1 only working on v polarity, even when i put this one in livingroom, no problem with any other receivers i connected to test on this dish ...so i think receiver problem?, but what need to fix , is it maybe the digital input connection whom is making bad connection ? , no looping with other receiver....,so i also do not think this has anything to do with input code? , when we looking normal channels on for ex. thaicom....., but i will test this also today...
    any suggestions, thanks....
    ( also during daytime i get no acces to rdi website,and many other, bad internet, telephoneline , so i only can check answers and respond early mornings here in primitive thailand....)

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Pat , check it first on "Satellite Setting" that polarity is H/V or not.Then try to loop with another receiver and change on that good receiver(Master) to H channel and then open ur F1 receiver (Slave) and check on H polarity.If still not working u need to check ur receiver hardware , especially on resistors which r part from Tuner.U don't need to suspect on ur tuner and it's only depend on resistors , transistors which r upper from the chip set.

Hope it'll help u anyway.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks yan, i justed looped my f1, still no signal on v channels, h working , i even loose my V signal also on the master, when take off loop everything working on master again...., offcourse i allready checked the settings before, i must leave them check in local shop,
    ( i hope they know what they are doing..) , otherwise it is sending by ems to dynasat, pfff ...to complicated, and take to long....,
    thanks for the few who answered, lookes not many have this problem and know how to deal with it, will post the outcome (maybe?), later incase somebody else get same problem ........
    greetings, pat...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

just a thought,,,other members please correct if im off track here,,,but ,,if the lnb skew was 90 deg different to where it should be,and h was really v and vise versa,,would the difference in voltage to the lnb to switch polarity cause this problem
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

david, this is a litlle true, in my case here if you change lnb 90 degr i would get only V signal reception instead of H...., but i tested my dish with many receivers without changing any settings dish , lnb, or wire, everything working ok with my 7200, silverbox plus , metabox, infosat, dynasat mini nr1 etc.., only my f1 has got the problem,
    i think maybe the problem comes from connecting my line on my receiver without chutting down the stb , and maybe causing short circuit something inside...., as they talked about in former threads,
    i have no other idea, and lookes like according to my thread, many others also not....
    i am going today to local shop to check , will let know the outcome of this....
    greetings, pat....

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

david, this is a litlle true, in my case here if you change lnb 90 degr i would get only V signal reception instead of H...., but i tested my dish with many receivers without changing any settings dish , lnb, or wire, everything working ok with my 7200, silverbox plus , metabox, infosat, dynasat mini nr1 etc.., only my f1 has got the problem,
    i think maybe the problem comes from connecting my line on my receiver without chutting down the stb , and maybe causing short circuit something inside...., as they talked about in former threads,
    i have no other idea, and lookes like according to my thread, many others also not....
    i am going today to local shop to check , will let know the outcome of this....
    greetings, pat....
    hi pat,if u have a multi meter u could check the voltage output from ur stb in both h&v to see if the box is powering sufficiently for the lnb.
    hot plugging the cable can be done,,if done very carefully,but many do not reccomend this method,,but ihave found it is the only "convienient" way to check some trouble shooting methods without having to wait for systems to boot or shutdown.a 3-4mm spark can be seen & heard if hotplugging is not done carefully.this has happened to me,without dire repocussions,but contact only made for a split second,,,maybe i have been lucky,or maybe it takes a "dead short" to do lasting damage.
    good luck with the service center,,and please keep us informed of ur progress.
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

brought my stb yesterday to a local repair shop in big city ( no dynasatdealers in region here...) , first looked like they know what the problem, but when we went to pick up.., no result , tuner brake done they say can not fix...( wich i do not believe...) , so back to square 1....., connected at home again in bedroom & working only on H polarity, same before, looking dream channels (lucky they are in H)
    another small thai story, went also to telephonecompany tot to ask about adsl connection for my computer, as the adsl line is running on the main road ( about 100m of home us...) to the next small village, sorry can not do...., they not yet find a way to make a connection from this cable to a nearby home, wich is in europe a piece of cacke..
    amazing thailand....., maybe the next generation afther us will be better..., so maybe only solution is to change my card reader in f1 to my silverbox plus, so something of my f1 is still useable...., can also send to dynasat bangkok by ems(300 bath go & back ) + repair costs?, maybe not worth it , as you can by a new stb under 4.000bath...
    thanks to everybody responding...., if a find a solution , will post as i am not giving up easy......
    greetings to all , pat

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

brought my stb yesterday to a local repair shop in big city ( no dynasatdealers in region here...) , first looked like they know what the problem, but when we went to pick up.., no result , tuner brake done they say can not fix...( wich i do not believe...) , so back to square 1....., connected at home again in bedroom & working only on H polarity, same before, looking dream channels (lucky they are in H)
    another small thai story, went also to telephonecompany tot to ask about adsl connection for my computer, as the adsl line is running on the main road ( about 100m of home us...) to the next small village, sorry can not do...., they not yet find a way to make a connection from this cable to a nearby home, wich is in europe a piece of cacke..
    amazing thailand....., maybe the next generation afther us will be better..., so maybe only solution is to change my card reader in f1 to my silverbox plus, so something of my f1 is still useable...., can also send to dynasat bangkok by ems(300 bath go & back ) + repair costs?, maybe not worth it , as you can by a new stb under 4.000bath...
    thanks to everybody responding...., if a find a solution , will post as i am not giving up easy......
    greetings to all , pat

hi pat,,if u loop the output from ur working box to the other one,,and use the good one to select a V frequency,,,does the second box function ok as a slave on V?
    im not 100% sure,,,but i think if ur box can see H frequencies the tuner should be functioning ok.
    it maybe a glitch in ur software ,,,have u tried re-instaling ?
    cheers,,,dave

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Check with a multi-meter that you are in fact getting 13 // 18 volts at the LNB "F" connector.

Then recheck your LNB frequancy, in your menu settings, Also your connections at the "F" connectors and make sure that the screening on the coax, is not in fact shorting the centre core. [one strand is enough to up-set everything]

Does your other receiver work, with that LNB /dish set-up.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

greetings to all , pat
    hello pat
    sorry to hear you have still not fixed the problem,i have 5 F1 boxes in a few houses i rent out and have never had this problem in over 4 years,on 2 occasions the picture went dim so i took the box to my dynasat agent who sent the box to dynasat bangkok,ok it took a month to come back but the boxes have been perfect since, and i did not even get charged by dynasat .
    with regard to your adsl near your home,are you sure its a TOT line because they also send out TT&T bills in TOT envelopes,in the past i have had the problem of knocking my head against a brick wall with TOT and then going to TT&T only to find its a TT&T line in the first place and then getting hooked up to the internet within a couple of days
    worth a try
    JOE SOAP

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

to joesoap, no tt&t line , they not yet come this far, village more close to the big city ( only 10km)have also tt&t but not here....., it is tot line....., so very primitive...., and i have a friend who is paying 1500/month for tot ipstar , and he say it is not even worth 200/month , very bad connection....
    to basset, i do not have problem with any other stb on my dish as you can read on former info, i even go test it with 2 other dishes with the same result...., so i think it is not a dish, lnb or coax cable problem....., also the settings are ok as all of the other stb's i tested are working ok...,for the moment i am in the dark....
    so thanks all for answering , i will still try to find out what's wrong

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

to joesoap, no tt&t line , they not yet come this far, village more close to the big city ( only 10km)have also tt&t but not here....., it is tot line....., so very primitive...., and i have a friend who is paying 1500/month for tot ipstar , and he say it is not even worth 200/month , very bad connection....
    to basset, i do not have problem with any other stb on my dish as you can read on former info, i even go test it with 2 other dishes with the same result...., so i think it is not a dish, lnb or coax cable problem....., also the settings are ok as all of the other stb's i tested are working ok...,for the moment i am in the dark....
    so thanks all for answering , i will still try to find out what's wrong

As far as I know , ur receiver need to repair which I said in previous post.I've already check alot of receivers which r problem like ur box , mostly these kind of problems occour in clone boxes.If I'm in near u then I'll come and check ur box.
    Anyhow good luck with ur F1 box.

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Thread Information