Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    pk/sindh/mirpurkhas/kot ghulam mohd
    Posts
    47
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Talking one 8 feet fiber dish and 2 satellite


    i m new here sorry bothering u i m wacting thicom 78*e and pas7/10 these are c band on solid 6 feet dish.
    tell me i have 8 feet fiber dish i m watching only hotbird 13*e i have two ku band lnb one is using other is my store room so any body hints me this is a possible i m viewing two satellite with my 8 feet fiber dish if yes p/z write here satellite name and high signle frequncey
    i have echolink 700fta
    Last edited by quaimkhani; 3rd December 2007 at 00:47.

  2. #2
    Member Mentor
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    503
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    hi bro,,u should be able to mount another lnb for that dish,,,im not sure exactly,,,but i think a normal dish can span up to 13 deg ,6-7 deg from the focus point either side.maybe other members can tell u exactly
    cheers,,,dave

  3. #3
    Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,090
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    hi bro,,u should be able to mount another lnb for that dish,,,im not sure exactly,,,but i think a normal dish can span up to 13 deg ,6-7 deg from the focus point either side.maybe other members can tell u exactly
    Around 13 degrees either side (may be more). So total around 26degrees But the loss depends upon the dish quality

  4. #4
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    You are right LNB, Main impp dish qulity.

  5. #5
    Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,090
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    Around 13 degrees either side (may be more). So total around 26degrees But the loss depends upon the dish quality
    This 13 degrees is for 8 feet. Smaller dishes will have more tolorance

  6. #6
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,783
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default nile sat

    u may get nile sat with hotbird satellite , u sould put another ku band lnb 6 to 7 inches up right from hotbird lnb which is in centre position and u may get all nile sat channels including show time package if u ahve good receiver.

  7. #7
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    pk/sindh/mirpurkhas/kot ghulam mohd
    Posts
    47
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quaimkhani View Post
    i m new here sorry bothering u i m wacting thicom 78*e and pas7/10 these are c band on solid 6 feet dish.
    tell me i have 8 feet fiber dish i m watching only hotbird 13*e i have two ku band lnb one is using other is my store room so any body hints me this is a possible i m viewing two satellite with my 8 feet fiber dish if yes p/z write here satellite name and high signle frequncey
    i have echolink 700fta
    its a possible to watch nilesat and hotbird 13*e same dish but two ku lnb with 8 feet fiber dish

  8. #8
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    pk/sindh/mirpurkhas/kot ghulam mohd
    Posts
    47
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scrombi View Post
    u may get nile sat with hotbird satellite , u sould put another ku band lnb 6 to 7 inches up right from hotbird lnb which is in centre position and u may get all nile sat channels including show time package if u ahve good receiver.
    ohh realy tell me strong frequecey of nile sat u have any picture hotbird and nile sat working same dish
    echolink 700fta
    fortec star 500 fsci
    Last edited by quaimkhani; 3rd December 2007 at 23:16.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,783
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default correct

    Quote Originally Posted by quaimkhani View Post
    ohh realy tell me strong frequecey of nile sat u have any picture hotbird and nile sat working same dish
    echolink 700fta
    fortec star 500 fsci

    I don't know strongest frequency but I think 12054 is strong but check the show time frequency, u may easily get nile sat with hotbird.

  10. #10
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    66
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default Two sats

    Witha 8ft dish fixed on hotbird prime u can get arabsat/eurobird on 26 degrees, eutelsat at 7 degrees , eutelsat at 9 and 10 degrees.
    Nilesat is not possible beyond karachi

  11. #11
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    pk/sindh/mirpurkhas/kot ghulam mohd
    Posts
    47
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farhanawan View Post
    Witha 8ft dish fixed on hotbird prime u can get arabsat/eurobird on 26 degrees, eutelsat at 7 degrees , eutelsat at 9 and 10 degrees.
    Nilesat is not possible beyond karachi
    some one viewing hotbird and nilesat only one dish if yes tell me lnb 5to7 inches uper from hotbird lnb and which one side left are right side any one have picture of two lnb workingg one dish hotbird and nile sat.
    echolink open many chennels of hotbird and nilesat then i m intersted of nile sat echolink also support these satellite just like arabsat/eutelsat 7e/eutelsat 9 and 10e
    i m from pakistan /sindh /mirpurkhas/villegers

  12. #12
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,783
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default easily

    Quote Originally Posted by quaimkhani View Post
    some one viewing hotbird and nilesat only one dish if yes tell me lnb 5to7 inches uper from hotbird lnb and which one side left are right side any one have picture of two lnb workingg one dish hotbird and nile sat.
    echolink open many chennels of hotbird and nilesat then i m intersted of nile sat echolink also support these satellite just like arabsat/eutelsat 7e/eutelsat 9 and 10e
    i m from pakistan /sindh /mirpurkhas/villegers

    I don't have pic, but I did check by mysellf with both satellite in one dish and u may easily get both sat with one dish in karachi, and u should keep nile sat lnb right form front of dish up 5 to 7 inches uop right.and in ur side I think u also get it bcoz in karachi nile sat is easily availble in 6 feet, I did also chack it, and I heard that in 4 feet dish it is also available.

  13. #13
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    66
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default Nilesat + Hotbird

    I am in karachi and have a lnb on prime at hotbird with eurobird 26degrees, eutelsat W3 7 Degrees, and Nilesat on side lobes. I have a 8 ft dish and will post the pictures later on.
    The problem with Nilesat is that to get it one must have a clear line of sight , no trees or buildings in the line of sight plus because of the low elevation many of the signals tend to drift drastically . they even drift on a 8ft dish with prime on nilesat. Its not easy to fix .

  14. #14
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    pk/sindh/mirpurkhas/kot ghulam mohd
    Posts
    47
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by farhanawan View Post
    I am in karachi and have a lnb on prime at hotbird with eurobird 26degrees, eutelsat W3 7 Degrees, and Nilesat on side lobes. I have a 8 ft dish and will post the pictures later on.
    The problem with Nilesat is that to get it one must have a clear line of sight , no trees or buildings in the line of sight plus because of the low elevation many of the signals tend to drift drastically . they even drift on a 8ft dish with prime on nilesat. Its not easy to fix .
    thxs bother scrombi and farhan nice work but no success my hotbird working good nilesat no luck i m try and try any day i got nile sat but my main target is nilesat lnb is upper side with hotbird so farhan i wish if u upload ur dish picture if u snap then send me here or my email address i m added ur hotmail addy in my messenger list [email protected]cholink open hotbird and nilesat and...........idk so which one other satellite name echolink open special chennel or fighting movies chennel then my nile sat lnb moves other satellite this satellite is easily set with hotbird remmber my dish angle on hotbird 13*e sorry my english week

  15. #15
    Senior Member Expert
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,783
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default eurobird


    Quote Originally Posted by farhanawan View Post
    I am in karachi and have a lnb on prime at hotbird with eurobird 26degrees, eutelsat W3 7 Degrees, and Nilesat on side lobes. I have a 8 ft dish and will post the pictures later on.
    The problem with Nilesat is that to get it one must have a clear line of sight , no trees or buildings in the line of sight plus because of the low elevation many of the signals tend to drift drastically . they even drift on a 8ft dish with prime on nilesat. Its not easy to fix .
    Dear farahn, is eurobird viewable in karachi pakistan and what size of dish, I me hearing it first time.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top