Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Installation details for DishTV.

Hi,

I have the DishTV digi-box and would like complete installation details to be set up in a 3 storey apt. building in Dubai.

- Size of dish to receive uninterrupted signal (In using a size greater than 75-90cm make for better signal? Please recommend a make and model?)
    - A good quality cable and LNB (as it needs to withstand high temps in summer 50 deg C)
    - Coordinates to receive optimum signal
    - What is acceptable signal strength?

According to DishTV web site they use the NSS-6 satellite with Ku-band.
    What do I need to look out for when the technician comes over to do the installation as some techs do a rush job and leads to a poor installation.

If anyone can recommend a good tech and what will be a reasonable cost for the whole set up. Thanks in advance.

alanpaladka

I think you need 120cm dish. Though I'm not sure!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi.
    Just go to Naif road satellite market there is eurostar shop buy from them 110 cm or 120 cm dish plus euroline extra high gain LNB and buy 90% RG6 cable. Install the dish with good technician. If u have zenega cd-1004is then buy also one eurostar two way spilliter. and connect the receiver with any output of spilliter. U will get all dish network channels 127 but no DD channels. Dish will come around 100 to 120 dhs, LNB 15 dhs and cable 40 Dhs and spilliter 2.5 Dhs.
    Thanks and enjoy.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

rajadada,

Thanks for your post. Yes, its a Zenega CD1004iS and I have pre-activated the Viewing Card and tested it in India at the dealers shop.

So, I will get the 120cm dish plus, euroline extra high gain LNB and buy 90% RG6 cable. I am new at this could you please clarify a few points for me---what is the purpose of the eurostar two way spilliter? I understand one side connects to the zenega what do you do with the other end?

Also, why will I not get DD channels? and can you recommend a good technician? Thanks in advance.

Thread Information