Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    andarun
    Guest
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Default Any one Receiving Trace TV in india !


    Any one receiving Trace TV from Eutelsat W5 in india !...tell me which TP is strongest

  2. #2
    Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,090
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andarun View Post
    Any one receiving Trace TV from Eutelsat W5 in india !...tell me which TP is strongest
    11.683 H 15000 try this frequency. What is the size of the dish you are having?

  3. #3
    alanpaladka
    Guest
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Default

    It can be received quite easily. Very powerful.

  4. #4
    andarun
    Guest
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    11.683 H 15000 try this frequency. What is the size of the dish you are having?
    having 6 feet dish....thanks let me try this freq !

  5. #5
    Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,090
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by andarun View Post
    having 6 feet dish....thanks let me try this freq !
    As told by Alanpaladaka it is very powerful. We can get it with even a 60cms dish (that freq). Keep us updated about your result. What is your location? All the best

  6. #6
    andarun
    Guest
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    As told by Alanpaladaka it is very powerful. We can get it with even a 60cms dish (that freq). Keep us updated about your result. What is your location? All the best
    am in bangalore bro !

  7. #7
    FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,675
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanpaladka View Post
    It can be received quite easily. Very powerful.
    really? did u checked?

  8. #8
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    472
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Is there any thing Wrong Bro Geo..!

  9. #9
    alanpaladka
    Guest
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    really? did u checked?
    Yes. Trace TV is my favorite music channel apart from MTV Europe. So I tune my 6FT dish to Eutelsat frequently. I get 99% signal without much fine tuning.

    By the way, why are you asking?

  10. #10
    Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chennai, India
    Posts
    2,090
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    I can get them even with 60cms dish. So Alan would be getting lot of signals with his 6 feet

  11. #11
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    65
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    I can get them even with 60cms dish. So Alan would be getting lot of signals with his 6 feet
    You are correct Mr.lnb my friend got them with his tatasky dish which may be also 60 cm.

  12. #12
    FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,675
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alanpaladka View Post
    Yes. Trace TV is my favorite music channel apart from MTV Europe. So I tune my 6FT dish to Eutelsat frequently. I get 99% signal without much fine tuning.

    By the way, why are you asking?
    u told as its very powerfull, if its really powerfull' then u can get it with minimum 35 cm dish....ok?,so that i asked... did u got it with minimum size dish? as for my experience ,to get atleast normal signal from this bird we should need atleast 4 feet (120 cm) offset dish! am i right?

  13. #13
    alanpaladka
    Guest
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Default

    @georgekamal
    I'm using a prime focus dish in which KU band reception is very weak. If I'm getting 99% easily on it means it can be received in 60cm offset dish. Thats my calculation. Anything which is receivable in 60-120cm dish is considered to be "powerful".

    Anyways, if I said anything wrong, please excuse me.

  14. #14
    Junior Member Teacher
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Union territory
    Posts
    173
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    dear alan,

    when did u checked this sat?, it is not a strong signal, even in 4ft offset it is freezing some time, in south india. so can u check now and post the result?



    Quote Originally Posted by alanpaladka View Post
    @georgekamal
    I'm using a prime focus dish in which KU band reception is very weak. If I'm getting 99% easily on it means it can be received in 60cm offset dish. Thats my calculation. Anything which is receivable in 60-120cm dish is considered to be "powerful".

    Anyways, if I said anything wrong, please excuse me.

  15. #15
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    80
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    as for my experience ,to get atleast normal signal from this bird we should need atleast 4 feet (120 cm) offset dish! am i right?
    I have got this sat with my 90 cms offset Dish 88% Signal.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Sky is an Experimental Lab In the World Of Satellites.
    ::\Dish TV India::90Cms MCBS Dish Hooked to ABS-1 and Edusat and May be Insat 4CR in the Near Future::

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top