Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: Big Problem

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Big Problem

I live in islamabad Pakistan i have severe C band signal reception problem.I installed (by replacing my mesh system to overcoem problem)a dish few months back for both C band and Ku band combined 8feet solid motorized dish from asiasat3s to Hotbird.
    I am receiving all Ku band channels of belt.But i can't receive even a single channel of C band.There is some kind of wimax interruption in my area for about year and i was receiving some channel but from last three months all channels gone.
    Is ther any solution to receive C band channels as All Pakistani channel R on C band.
    If i place my dish in a positon that it is covered by walls from left(towers side) and back side and below the towers level then may i get these channels.Please advice me as i have to purchase a new dish as i can't move my existing dish as i watch ku band channels from asia to hb.

Docotor of Recivers Friend
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You need single sloution lnb of eurostar for c band all is ok again

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mahar116 View Post
    You need single sloution lnb of eurostar for c band all is ok again
    I tried 3 lnbs of different brands but nothing happen.Is there any other solution.Please explain why u suggest Eurostar lnb is there new feature or it works in Local frequencies obstacles.
    Masters Please Help.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

get a shotgun and shoot the wimax canopy in your area.

c-band and wimax operate in the same spectrum and thus will cause interferrence on your reception of the weak c-band from a VERY far away source. there is nothing you can do, except, maybe to relocate to a place where there is no wimax transmission.

this is much akin to your wifi and the interferrence caused by microwave ovens, wireless phone handsets, rain, etc.....
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

My dish is in open space.If i place this dish to ground level and behind some walls at tower sides then can i receive the C band channels.Please help as i can't receive Pakistani News channels.

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by naumaniqbal View Post
    My dish is in open space.If i place this dish to ground level and behind some walls at tower sides then can i receive the C band channels.Please help as i can't receive Pakistani News channels.
    it might help but not much, the same thing as with microwave transmitters affecting c bands; headdaches years back & still is plus that wimax!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Am I correct in saying that what you call "wimax" is in fact wireless broadband. if that is the case then there are filters available to counter act the wireless broadband signals.
    Unfortunatly this is a world wide problem, another way to possably counter the interferance is to erect a skirt round the outside edge of your dish, A strip of 12 inch wide aluminium, pop rivitted to the rim of the dish, set at right angles, will block the broadband signals.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Am I correct in saying that what you call "wimax" is in fact wireless broadband. if that is the case then there are filters available to counter act the wireless broadband signals.
    Unfortunatly this is a world wide problem, another way to possably counter the interferance is to erect a skirt round the outside edge of your dish, A strip of 12 inch wide aluminium, pop rivitted to the rim of the dish, set at right angles, will block the broadband signals.
    Thanks. You mean that aluminum strip should be welded on rim at right angle. If there is any picture or diagram of the skirt then please send it .What u think it will probably resolve the problem.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by naumaniqbal View Post
    Thanks. You mean that aluminum strip should be welded on rim at right angle. If there is any picture or diagram of the skirt then please send it .What u think it will probably resolve the problem.
    Iqbal,
    Basset means rivet, not welding.
    Make holes at the border of your aluminum or steel strip, run it around the dish, through the strip hole mark the area to be drilled on the rim side of the dish. Drill the hole & use a rivet gun to fasten it. If you do not have a rivet gun you could use rough thread screws.
    This way you could remove it if you do not get the desired results.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dom06 View Post
    Iqbal,
    Basset means rivet, not welding.
    Make holes at the border of your aluminum or steel strip, run it around the dish, through the strip hole mark the area to be drilled on the rim side of the dish. Drill the hole & use a rivet gun to fasten it. If you do not have a rivet gun you could use rough thread screws.
    This way you could remove it if you do not get the desired results.
    Thank you, perhaps my discription was not as concise as it could have been.
    What this does in effect is prevent outside signals from entering or being picked up, by the LNB // scalar ring, and while it does involve a bit of work, it will screen out any unwanted signals from your satellite system.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Salaam
    dear u should use Eurostar single solution LNB which is now-a-days not frequently available in Pakistani Markeet and its price in pindi was 1400 RS and in Lahore was 1200 two months back and it will 100% solve ur problem personally checked by me and one more thing u will see noise temperature written on LNB try to get the 12 or 15 nosie temperature LNB...

Thread Information