Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    28
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Smile DREAMBOX DM500 Plus Launched in Dubai


    Dear Dreambox Lovers,

    DM500 Plus is Expected Available in Dubai from 4th Nov 2007, according to their web, PRICED AT 950AED.
    dear Members Kindly advise me to Choose Between DM500 & DM500 Plus.

    Thanks & Regards

  2. #2
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    211
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by k_rameshkumar View Post
    Dear Dreambox Lovers,

    DM500 Plus is Expected Available in Dubai from 4th Nov 2007, according to their web, PRICED AT 950AED.
    dear Members Kindly advise me to Choose Between DM500 & DM500 Plus.

    Thanks & Regards
    What is the difference between DM500S & DM500s Plus?

  3. #3
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts
    5,711
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    maybe they included a dozen Shawerma and bottles of Barbican when you purchase the item. you need those while waiting for the installation to finish. :P

    Dreambox was available since a long time ago in Dubai. dunno which website you are reffering to, but it has been out already since before.

    dealers in UAE:

    Dream Multimedia Dubai
    Tel.: +9714 2277448
    Fax.: +9714 2243347
    E-Mail: [email protected]

    abdulla al Khawajah Electronics
    Tel.: +971 4 2273404
    Fax.: +971 4 2273505
    E-Mail: [email protected]

    Mirdef Electronics
    Tel.: +971 4 2229310
    Fax.: +971 4 2220253
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

  4. #4
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    28
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    maybe they included a dozen Shawerma and bottles of Barbican when you purchase the item. you need those while waiting for the installation to finish. :P

    Dreambox was available since a long time ago in Dubai. dunno which website you are reffering to, but it has been out already since before.

    dealers in UAE:

    Dream Multimedia Dubai
    Tel.: +9714 2277448
    Fax.: +9714 2243347
    E-Mail: [email protected]

    abdulla al Khawajah Electronics
    Tel.: +971 4 2273404
    Fax.: +971 4 2273505
    E-Mail: [email protected]

    Mirdef Electronics
    Tel.: +971 4 2229310
    Fax.: +971 4 2220253
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    My Dear Shawerma and bottles of Barbican,

    I am Talking about DM500S Plus , I know its available in dubai & the same Dealer as u mentioned. Go to this link & check the price for DM500s Plus

    http://www.dmm-tv.com/products_prices.htm

    Regards

  5. #5
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts
    5,711
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    i know the site. the question is, WHAT DOES THE PLUS mean?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

  6. #6
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    28
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    i know the site. the question is, WHAT DOES THE PLUS mean?
    I think the Memory is more in DM500s Plus, i am not sure whats Additional the diff. Need 2 call the Dealer Tomorrow & check it.

    Regards

  7. #7
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    9
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    DM 500 / DM500+

    - 250 MHz PowerPC Processor (350 Mips)
    - Linux Operating System
    - 1 x Smartcard-Reader
    - MPEG2 Hardware decoding
    - available tuner DM500: DVB-S, DVB-C, DVB-T
    - available tuner DM500+: DVB-S
    - V.24/RS232 Interface
    - 10/100Mbit compatible Ethernet Interface
    - 2 LED status
    - unlimited channel lists for TV/Radio
    - channel-change time < 1 second
    - full automatic service scan
    - supports directly bouquet-lists
    - supports EPG (electronic program guide)
    - supports own videotext
    - supports multiple LNB-Switching control (DiSEqC)
    - fully adaptable OSD in many languages and skin-support
    - S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3)
    - 1 x Scart-interfaces

    only DM500+ :
    - 32 MByte Flash
    - 96 MByte RAM

    the difference is only the flash and ram capacity as per dreambox website.

    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en..._technical.php

  8. #8
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ma lai xi ya
    Posts
    31
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    so we can install multi boot in dm500s+

    that nice

  9. #9
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    873
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default


    More Memory
    No more lock freeze
    More Stable

    Please note DM500 Plus firmware is not same the DM500
    its much larger firmware do not try flash a DM500 with plus firmware


 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top