Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dream through Wi Fi

Is it possible to have a dream box configured for access through a Wi Fi connection.
    If yes what is the hardware required to connect through the ethernet port of DM.

Comments welcome.

Silver Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

u need a wifi network card connected to dreambox port ... or if u have on your dreambox usb stick ... u can connect via wifi usb addaptor! also u need a wifi router to broadcast in lan ! an few settings in your wifi router !

u must open your port in router and forward all your clients port sharing to your dreambox ip
    Cand esti mort , nu stii ca esti mort . E greu doar pentru ceilalti !
    La fel si cand esti prost ...
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dom06 View Post
    Is it possible to have a dream box configured for access through a Wi Fi connection.
    If yes what is the hardware required to connect through the ethernet port of DM.

Comments welcome.
    Basically you need a USB port in the box. DM 500 doesnt have such.
    DM 600+80GB DM 7020+160GB+ LED 55"

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

plug it directly into your wireless router thu the ethernet port then it can be acessed thru your wireless network

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default WiFi

Comments welcome.
    I assumed that your box is away from any Ehternet connections. If that is the case you will need a bridge to connect your box to a wifi. You need an Ehternet bridge like Linksys model WET54G.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by hawkin View Post
    I assumed that your box is away from any Ehternet connections. If that is the case you will need a bridge to connect your box to a wifi. You need an Ehternet bridge like Linksys model WET54G.
    Here you go; this will do the trick;

http://www.broadbandstuff.co.uk/prod...roducts_id=524

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by hawkin View Post
    @hawkin,
    Bingo! You are absolutely right I have a DSL connection in one room & the Dream box will be in another room, I don't want the hassles of running cables.
    My question now is before I invest on the bridge, is anybody out there who is using such a way to connect their Dream box & secondly is there any drawbacks?

@felicianf
    Thanks for the link M8

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

@hawkin,
    Bingo! You are absolutely right I have a DSL connection in one room & the Dream box will be in another room, I don't want the hassles of running cables.
    My question now is before I invest on the bridge, is anybody out there who is using such a way to connect their Dream box & secondly is there any drawbacks?

@felicianf
    Thanks for the link M8
    After replying your post, I went to a nearby computer plaza and got a US Robotics ethernet bridge. I will check it and let you know.
    Last edited by felicianf; 31st October 2007 at 10:57.

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

keep all your WIFI gears away from remote telephone & microwave oven, these equipment reduces the throughput of a WIFi signal; remember video will be using this radio media!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You might also want to consider the possible interference effect any Wifi gear that works on the 2.4 Ghz frequency on C-band reception.

Thread Information