Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    alanpaladka
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default Dreambox ethernet port problem

Dear Friend,

From yesterday, I'm experiencing a new strange problem in my DM500S. Whenever I switch on the DM, network doesn't gets ON. I have checked by changing the cable, tried with my laptop. But no success. It seems like its Ethernet port is dead.

Does any one experienced this problem in the past? Is there any solution for this problem? I'm really stuck!

Thanks

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by alanpaladka View Post
    Dear Friend,

From yesterday, I'm experiencing a new strange problem in my DM500S. Whenever I switch on the DM, network doesn't gets ON. I have checked by changing the cable, tried with my laptop. But no success. It seems like its Ethernet port is dead.

Does any one experienced this problem in the past? Is there any solution for this problem? I'm really stuck!

Thanks
    Sorry to hear about that lets hope you did buy from a Dealer who does provide full warranty with there dreambox - This normally happens when there is a power surge lets hope your dealer is kind to you

Contact your Dealer ask him to exchange the box

alanpaladka

@Phuket

What is the exact problem? I bought it from Kuwait and now I'm in India. Its nearly impossible to send that box again to Kuwait. So if its possible to find out which part is faulty(like network IC etc...), I can repair it here itself.

Your valuable suggestion will help me in this regard.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

@Phuket

What is the exact problem? I bought it from Kuwait and now I'm in India. Its nearly impossible to send that box again to Kuwait. So if its possible to find out which part is faulty(like network IC etc...), I can repair it here itself.

Your valuable suggestion will help me in this regard.
    Tommorow i will contact my supplier and ask him for the Part Number of what normally is the problem

alanpaladka

Thanks Phuket for your reply.

I'll be eagerly waiting for your tomorrow's reply....

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Friend,

Thanks
    check the ip number of ur box and switch it off and again on and switch off ur modem and on again finally press the network button on the dcc....

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Friend,

Thanks
    yes, its a known problem.
    as georgekamal says:

its important that u take off the power from the box, router (switch, hub), modem.
    make sure that u put the tick back on DHCPin the box before u do that.
    power up and make sure that the box is the only thing connected 2 the LAN.
    and then....... all back to normal.
    connect ur other stuff and change ip of the box if u need to.

alanpaladka

@wombat @georgekamal
    I tried everything, changing the IP, selecting DHCP, changing cable, changing computer. But still its dead. I see cross mark on the LAN notification icon on the Windows taskbar.

By the way, I have been told in another forum that changing the 2 capacitors(orange colour) in DM may solve this problem. Just have a look on that image :

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

even if you are in Kuwait, you won't have it repaired since the dealers are actually getting the box (if original) from Dubai. clones are another story, though. hope you will have your ethernet problem sorted.

p.s.

next time you come by Kuwait, do drop us a line here so that we can have some tea, lol.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    even if you are in Kuwait, you won't have it repaired since the dealers are actually getting the box (if original) from Dubai. clones are another story, though. hope you will have your ethernet problem sorted.

p.s.

next time you come by Kuwait, do drop us a line here so that we can have some tea, lol.
    hahaha! but he is in India.....

@George take note "next time you come by Kuwait," means he is not in kuwait
    yes i knew the meaning of "next time you come by Kuwait," but, he didn't visit Kuwait yet! and if he already visited in Kuwait....its correct!.
    thanks george enjoy your evening

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Just an after thought;
    Is there no settings on the set up menu
    to dissable the Ethernet port,like can be done with
    the rs232.
    I havent checked am only thinking about it

Posts Thanks / Likes

@wombat @georgekamal
    I tried everything, changing the IP, selecting DHCP, changing cable, changing computer. But still its dead. I see cross mark on the LAN notification icon on the Windows taskbar.

By the way, I have been told in another forum that changing the 2 capacitors(orange colour) in DM may solve this problem. Just have a look on that image :
    i am sorry alan...physically i need the faulty box to rectifie , if it really hardware fault!

alanpaladka

@boknoy_ph
    Next year, I'm planning to come to Kuwait. At that time, we shall have a Party(Why just tea?)

@cogil
    I've searched many forums about this and found that it was possible with DM 5600. But in the images of DM 500S, TCP/IP isn't supported on serial ports. So I really doubt about this.

If anyone has any idea about Intenet access via RS232, please help me.

By the way, just have a look on this
    http://www.zeta.org.au/~jon/dreambox/ppp.html

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

The Similar Problem I found it

Dead Ethernet port on DM7020

http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellit...rt-dm7020.html

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@boknoy_ph
    Next year, I'm planning to come to Kuwait. At that time, we shall have a Party(Why just tea?)

@cogil
    I've searched many forums about this and found that it was possible with DM 5600. But in the images of DM 500S, TCP/IP isn't supported on serial ports. So I really doubt about this.

If anyone has any idea about Intenet access via RS232, please help me.

By the way, just have a look on this
    http://www.zeta.org.au/~jon/dreambox/ppp.html
    Thhanks,
    will read it for its long and at same time see whether i can literally switch
    off the ethernet port from set ups, its just to try out.

Thread Information