Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Showtime On Metabox Using Keys

Is it possible to watch showtime from nilesaton on Metabox III using keys ? If yes please explain the procedure for entering the keys.

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thumbs down Metabox Patch

Forget it you cannot open showtime on metabox 3, there is no new patch for metabox..
    Only for TPS that's it..
    Last edited by Triple_0; 23rd October 2007 at 14:15. Reason: wrong spelling

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hang on, he's asking for the way to enter the keys. Nothing about a patch. now it might well be that the keys are not available, and it won't work anyway, But that's not the point of his enquiry. SO

Switch on receiver, [M3] click menu, scrol down click on Code edit, select encryption type , with coloured keys on remote, click on "Add" with green key, On key board, use the remote up down and accross keys to type in "provider key, Index key, and the 8 byte Plain key. Then click OK, exit ,exit, exit. IF everything is 9n order, it will work and you will have pictures, If not go back into the code page and check your details.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Showtime On Metabox Using Keys

Thanks for your positive response. The key menu on Metabox 3 does have IRDEOTO and I tried entering keys in the said encryption, I want to know the CAID No. to enter and the key for showtime is 16-byte and not 8-byte. Pls let me know how to enter the 16-byte key.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you may want to try metadream, sbcl and wsp with latest vplug data on it.

http://pinoycourt.com/viewtopic.php?t=6924
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by frony View Post
    Thanks for your positive response. The key menu on Metabox 3 does have IRDEOTO and I tried entering keys in the said encryption, I want to know the CAID No. to enter and the key for showtime is 16-byte and not 8-byte. Pls let me know how to enter the 16-byte key.
    16 byte plain key, tells us it a series two encryption, or possable series three, and the software for key loading will not allow for a 16 byte entry. unless it will double line, and even then I doubt the Plains keys are available

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    you may want to try metadream, sbcl and wsp with latest vplug data on it.
    What you say might well be correct, BUT if he has any DREAM related software loaded, it is a big problem to over-write, in fact it's impossable, he will need to do a J-tag on the box, and even then it might not fully delete the software.
    regards from OZ bassett

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

what do you mean by dream related software? you mean the dreamtv au release? and i cannot understand why you are telling it is impossible to write, there is no need to jtag. you can load the full metaware software (bootloader included) and you overwrite everything there is to write. JTAG is only an interface with dead flash. as long as your flash is ok, you can upload software with rs232 or jtag port, it is all the same.

maybe you are confused with having sbcl/wsp uploaded in the box. you don't upload it to the box, you run it from your pc, connected to rs232 to the box with gbox sharing enabled in the keys edit.

@frony,

you cannot simply edit the keys from within the box, try sbcl/wsp if you have original metabox since the metadream software will load only on legit boxes, it will kill your clones.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

showtime is down on all STB for time being

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    what do you mean by dream related software? you mean the dreamtv au release? and i cannot understand why you are telling it is impossible to write, there is no need to jtag. you can load the full metaware software (bootloader included) and you overwrite everything there is to write. JTAG is only an interface with dead flash. as long as your flash is ok, you can upload software with rs232 or jtag port, it is all the same.

maybe you are confused with having sbcl/wsp uploaded in the box. you don't upload it to the box, you run it from your pc, connected to rs232 to the box with gbox sharing enabled in the keys edit.
    Hi boknoy.
    from what I can determin, it's loaded with one of the first 'Dream' software downloads,
    MGT 10-18-xMAIN-5.63-0.1-xx-xx-05-04-11
    MSR-5630-xxxxx-TCXCI-x

This was one of the first "dream' softwares to be released from Korea, long before any Au software became available.
    What it does is effectively turn the M3 into a provider box, It also nulifies the UCAS for ird**o operation.
    For some unknown reason, it won't allow the software to be over writern with just a standard downloadable software. There was a thread on I2E site. on this subject
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information