Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Question stb problem or lnb?

i would like peoples input regarding a problem i have please.
    a few days ago my stb stopped working on ku band,,c band is still working ok,,tested the cable,,no good,,so i replaced it,,lnb started showing intermittant agc failure with new cable,,so i removed the lnb from the dish(ku universal) and opened the cover on the lnb and found a broken solder connection on the input socket,,fixed that,,BUT,when i was dismantleing the lnb chassis,,i removed 2 screws that were cover sealed with like a soft plastic waxy substance,,and when i finally opened it i realised they werent chassis screws but they physically pressed down onto plastic parts mounted on the circuit board,,,the parts on the board dont look like anything the screw can vary,,unless it is a pressure sensitive device for tuning or something,,,so now for my questions,,,
    i still dont know what caused the initial failure,,but have been having intermittant problems with ku band for a year or so,,usually changing some of the config settings, then changing back would fix the problem,,not so this time,,,,,is it possible for the ku part of the stb to stop working? but the c band still ok?,,,,
    i now have good agc signal from the ku lnb,,but no snr ,,have i changed a vital setting with removal of the 2 screws mentioned b4if so,,is it possible to reset,and how?
    just trying to narrow down some possibilities b4 i buy a new lnb,,maybe the problem is the stb
    i would like some input from members if they have any ideas,,
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

just throw that lnb and buy new one it will start working fine.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

ku/c are using different parts, so yes. have it replaced.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    ku/c are using different parts, so yes. have it replaced.
    r u refering to the stb..or lnb?
    cheers,,,dave

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    i would like peoples input regarding a problem i have please.
    a few days ago my stb stopped working on ku band,,c band is still working ok,,tested the cable,,no good,,so i replaced it,,lnb started showing intermittant agc failure with new cable,,so i removed the lnb from the dish(ku universal) and opened the cover on the lnb and found a broken solder connection on the input socket,,fixed that,,BUT,when i was dismantleing the lnb chassis,,i removed 2 screws that were cover sealed with like a soft plastic waxy substance,,and when i finally opened it i realised they werent chassis screws but they physically pressed down onto plastic parts mounted on the circuit board,,,the parts on the board dont look like anything the screw can vary,,unless it is a pressure sensitive device for tuning or something,,,so now for my questions,,,
    i still dont know what caused the initial failure,,but have been having intermittant problems with ku band for a year or so,,usually changing some of the config settings, then changing back would fix the problem,,not so this time,,,,,is it possible for the ku part of the stb to stop working? but the c band still ok?,,,,
    i now have good agc signal from the ku lnb,,but no snr ,,have i changed a vital setting with removal of the 2 screws mentioned b4if so,,is it possible to reset,and how?
    just trying to narrow down some possibilities b4 i buy a new lnb,,maybe the problem is the stb
    i would like some input from members if they have any ideas,,
    sounds like a dynasat lmb ive had the same problem with them b4 coused by water getting and rotting the circit board dont bother playing with it get a new one also check your switch is ok ive been through a few of them aswell

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    sounds like a dynasat lmb ive had the same problem with them b4 coused by water getting and rotting the circit board dont bother playing with it get a new one also check your switch is ok ive been through a few of them aswell
    yes m8,,dynasat ku universal,,,and on my second switch now also,,,just had curiosity about the silverbox(dynasat) can be partly faulty,,receive c band but not ku?
    cheers,,,dave

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

yes m8,,dynasat ku universal,,,and on my second switch now also,,,just had curiosity about the silverbox(dynasat) can be partly faulty,,receive c band but not ku?
    do the cheepst thing first get new lmb but ive seen a few f1 stb have that problem with no ku some times a reflash with trumen and then your soft can fix it but not to often get new lmb if still same borrow a f1 or other stb

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    do the cheepst thing first get new lmb but ive seen a few f1 stb have that problem with no ku some times a reflash with trumen and then your soft can fix it but not to often get new lmb if still same borrow a f1 or other stb
    i tried a truman flash then reload also,,but now i have the added problem from that ,,i dont actually know if the dish is on bird or not,,,doing a move scan each time i try something,,,very frustrating trial and error,,
    cheers,,,dave

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Get yourself a ALP'S Lnb 0.3db

You would not be waisting money best lnb so far i have one of these on my own personal dish .

We do have in stock -

Not trying to sell you one .. But you do know me as a friend
    youll be glad you bought the alps made in europe
    and not some thai brand

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default multi lnb??

If i end up replacing the lnb,,is there a better way to go? ,,,i know there are dual output ku lnb,,but is there an "all in one" ku /c band dual output?
    i have 2 receivers that i would like to use simultainiously ,,presently looped config poses problems with polarity.

i like the all in one concept of c/ku ,,as i currently have an alignment problem with the dynasat setup of separate lnbs,, it is impossible to focus the 2 units to the same focal point because of the mounting system,,which means moving the dish to change band on the same bird.
    can anyone recommend an lnb replacement
    cheers,,,dave

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by PhuketSatellite View Post
    Get yourself a ALP'S Lnb 0.3db

You would not be waisting money best lnb so far i have one of these on my own personal dish .

We do have in stock -

Not trying to sell you one .. But you do know me as a friend
    youll be glad you bought the alps made in europe
    and not some thai brand

hi m8,good to have ur input again(pardon the punn,,hahaha ),,,,is there really a lot of difference with the alps?,,i think my dish is 1.8m(will measure tomorrow),,does the dish size and focal length determine which lnb i can use?
    cheers,,,dave

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

If i end up replacing the lnb,,is there a better way to go? ,,,i know there are dual output ku lnb,,but is there an "all in one" ku /c band dual output?
    i have 2 receivers that i would like to use simultainiously ,,presently looped config poses problems with polarity.

i like the all in one concept of c/ku ,,as i currently have an alignment problem with the dynasat setup of separate lnbs,, it is impossible to focus the 2 units to the same focal point because of the mounting system,,which means moving the dish to change band on the same bird.
    can anyone recommend an lnb replacement
    Dynasat do a c+ku combined we have loads in stock

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by PhuketSatellite View Post
    Dynasat do a c+ku combined we have loads in stock

is that dual output on both bands?
    cheers,,,dave

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

hi m8,,is there really a lot of difference with the alps?,,i think my dish is 1.8m(will measure tomorrow),,does the dish size and focal length determine which lnb i can use?
    yes a 1000% difference for 1 its made in europe get rid of them rain spots ? you will also increase your signal a little more .

Well it does come with a 3 YEAR WARRANTY

I have many lnbs in my shop to choose
    from as you know inc 0.2db silver tech

But the best for me is the ALPS i can watch UBC when it rains

that should tell you

Thai VS Europe dont think there is any competion really

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

is that dual output on both bands?
    it has built in Diseqc and will switch between c and ku