Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Urgent plesae - signals captured

a) I need a device which send cable/dish tV signals to three to four rooms without cable. Range speified 50 ft.

or

b) Is there any device which send Sattelite radio signals upto 50 ft distance from the dish antenna without cable

I think Video sender may work for that.

Have any one idea or know web site for these accessories? plz intimate me immediately

aside and other experts help needed

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Video sender can do the work but only from ur Receiver or video ,not from the satelite dish.
    Tech

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Video Sender will definitely work. You can buy one set (transmitter-receiver) and add more receivers as required. Get one that allows you to change channel from any room.

In this country you can pick them up from most electronic or electrical store. In your country - better you ask your supplier of TV's, satellite equip. etc.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

and how much will it cost for a video sender, plus the extra remotes? imagine yourself sitting in one of the rooms, and somebody changes the channels from the other room! and since you also have a remote control, you change the channels of the receivers! unless of course you will also have a dvb multiplexer for your set of receivers, then you all can watch different channels at the same time.

since we are only talking of only a mere 50 feet here, i think the more efficient and cost-effective way will be to have a multi-out disecq, and multiple receivers on each room.

do a google search for wireless audio/video sender and you will see alot of selections. most offer at least 150ft of receivable signals (i think this will be in direct line of site, without walls and obstructions) and most will operate also on the 1.4GHz range, which means that if somebody is having a cordless phone, or even somebody from another house operates his microwave oven, then your signal is also disrupted.

really, if i were you and you are only thinking of four rooms, better get cabled-up, and save yourself some money and headache.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    and how much will it cost for a video sender, plus the extra remotes? imagine yourself sitting in one of the rooms, and somebody changes the channels from the other room! and since you also have a remote control, you change the channels of the receivers! unless of course you will also have a dvb multiplexer for your set of receivers, then you all can watch different channels at the same time.

since we are only talking of only a mere 50 feet here, i think the more efficient and cost-effective way will be to have a multi-out disecq, and multiple receivers on each room.

do a google search for wireless audio/video sender and you will see alot of selections. most offer at least 150ft of receivable signals (i think this will be in direct line of site, without walls and obstructions) and most will operate also on the 1.4GHz range, which means that if somebody is having a cordless phone, or even somebody from another house operates his microwave oven, then your signal is also disrupted.

really, if i were you and you are only thinking of four rooms, better get cabled-up, and save yourself some money and headache.
    The cost of a receiver in each room is far more expensive than an AV sender in each room. The beauty is they do not need the extra expense of running cables all over the place.
    The one I have here allows you to take the satellite receiver remote into another room and change channels from there. Also, they do not need a direct line of sight because they definitely can penetrate walls.
    The only advantage of cabling and running receivers in each room iy gives the ability to watch different channels at the same time, but there is the polarity issue with that too.
    Many people here don't bother with the AV sender or extra satellite receiver they simply run a cable to the other rooms and hookup via the satellite receiver spare outputs.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by woz
    The cost of a receiver in each room is far more expensive than an AV sender in each room. The beauty is they do not need the extra expense of running cables all over the place.
    The one I have here allows you to take the satellite receiver remote into another room and change channels from there. Also, they do not need a direct line of sight because they definitely can penetrate walls.
    The only advantage of cabling and running receivers in each room iy gives the ability to watch different channels at the same time, but there is the polarity issue with that too. Many people here don't bother with the AV sender or extra satellite receiver they simply run a cable to the other rooms and hookup via the satellite receiver spare outputs.
    The polarity issue can be tackled easily. I have searched and found a nice solution for that. If you are using KU Band LNBF please go for quad output LNBF you can get 4 outputs straight from LNBF. There are 2 to 16 outputs available.

So you can have the freedom of changing channels in individual receivers without worrying about polarity. If you are using C Band LNBF choose the Single Solution LNBF and an all power pass divider. Now you can have freedom of changing channels in this too without worrying about polarity. I have these two fixed at my place and are working fine.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i think his main purpose of using the AV sender would be to transmit channels. but that would be a SINGLE channel, and i really suspect that the recipient of these channels would love to just change the channels to whatever they like, depending on their moods, so i suggested multiple receivers. a quad-out lnb is good, or even a disecq with 4 outs will also be good for this setup.

anyhow, ours is to give the option, it's up to him to decide which hardware suits his needs best.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks everybody for suggestion .

Can somebody suggest me on following:

I have sattelite radio" worldspace " and cable of the said radio is only limited to one room. If I use viedo sender, can this solve the purpose to operate the radio in other room without cable or upto 50 ft distance.

Or sugesst me any device to which by using I operate the sattelite radio upto 50 ft ditsnace without cable but putting device in one room (within 50 ft).

Thanks once again

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Urgent plesae - signals captured

Hi,

What is being captured? Why is wrong? Did that signal make any violation?
    i'm confused with you guy....

cheers,

Johnpal

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Urgent plesae - signals captured

Quote Originally Posted by johnpal
    Hi,

What is being captured? Why is wrong? Did that signal make any violation?
    i'm confused with you guy....

cheers,

Johnpal
    It seems his main idea is to draw attention to his query. So he put some sensational Subject Title but asked his real query. He made it, but its not the right way I think.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by sheetal arian
    Thanks everybody for suggestion .

Can somebody suggest me on following:

I have sattelite radio" worldspace " and cable of the said radio is only limited to one room. If I use viedo sender, can this solve the purpose to operate the radio in other room without cable or upto 50 ft distance.

Or sugesst me any device to which by using I operate the sattelite radio upto 50 ft ditsnace without cable but putting device in one room (within 50 ft).

Thanks once again
    Something I never thought of trying, but I can't see why it would not work.

Try and connect audio output cables on satellite receiver and audio input cables on a stereo system and set to Aux or Auxillary (what ever the stereo calls it). Good experiment - should work.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i really cannot understand why keep the radio 50 feet away from you, and you sit on the other room with the remote, then what? you will listen to your radio from 50 feet? and which cable is limited to 50 feet? the coax cable from your dish to the worldspace radio?

tell you what, you can buy remote control extenders, wireless. that will solve your problem of controlling the radio from other rooms of up to 150 feet apart. but how you will listen to your radio? wireless speakers? if you like, then purchase the A/V sender too and listen remotely to your room.

i think im getting a headache............
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information