Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default gbox and dreambox question

hi all there,
    i have a problem that i am trying to solve myself but hasn't worked yet.
    first let me tell u my setup.
    i have dreambox 500s ,gemini 4.0 image. connected to my Speedtouch wireless router..
    i have installed gbox2.1b emu in my box..
    what i am trying here is watch encrypted channels in asiasat3 from my friends gbox server.
    my friend has local card running in gbox for asiasat3.i won;t say what channnels in asiasat3 though..
    he has given me d-line for gbox.i have that in cwshare.cfg file in gbox..all works well..my gbox can see his server peers and all the cards he has..but channels not opening..i know a port has to be opened ..i have done that the port in cwshare.cfg file..in my case 9524 and also inadyn setup in my dremabox.it's successful looking at log...
    i have got dyndns account from dyndns.org
    so my dreambox has got it;s own dns name..also my router has got builin dynamic domain dns ,,which has been setup..
    still pic. no opening from my friend gbox server..
    what he tells me is that,my his gbox is not receoniziamg my dreambox..
    his gbox is sending ecm info to my box..but my gbox is not reading that...
    my dreamox get dhcp ip 192.168.1.64 from my router..
    he tells me after inadyn,my dreambox ip should be a public internet address of my router(isp) dynamic internet address...
    so u guys know how my dreambox can get public internet address from my router instead of internal ip like 192.168.1.64...
    my router ip:192.168.1.254.
    i can explain u in more details if u don;t understand this.
    i have opened the port which need to open for gbox to work and forwarded to dreambox..9524 is in my cwshare.cfg file and my friend is sending ecm to this same port.
    any advice are welcome..
    thanks

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

First of all remove all the other d lines from ur cwsahre file and only keep ur friends d line. then try.
    You dont need to assign global ip to ur dreambox. It works by using NAT (Network Address Translation). His dreambox will try to connect to ur global ip. Which in turn is ur router. your router forwards this to ur dreambox on the local address. So ur commication is working.

And your friends dbox does not send ecm to u. Your dreambox sends ECM to other boxes for keys. Ask ur friend if he really has it local. otherwise ask him to check his share level for this share.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks Tahir for ur reply..
    in the gbox control center plugin in my dreambox..when i go to peer status, i see my friend peer server..server name ,,and number of cards..ip,box id etc..
    and there is this blue icon i don;t know what that means..should the blue icon be green for it to work..i see the icon is red when the gbox server is not connected or not started..
    also my friend has local card.do i have to enable inadyn in dreambox...or just dyndns in router will do..
    currently my inadyn is also setup to my dyndns and router too...
    also how can i check if the port forwarding is working ...i have forwarded port 80,21,23 and 9524 to my dreambox..so i can see webinterface ,ftp and telnet to dreambox from my work internet using my dyndns domain name.
    i know those port forward working..but not sure about 9524..
    i just wanna check this is right in my setup..
    the box is connected to internet.coz i can listen to dreamcast radios and read rss news feed in dreambox

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Your settings are correct. If you are able to see his cards then ur sharing is working. Use Inadyn or the dns updater in ur router. but use only one dont use both at the same time. Inadyn will be better. What is the share level ur friend has given u. I mean Ax Ax in his d line in cwshare file. Also ask him if he is sharing his card using gbox or Newcamd.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

i am just using dyndns updater in router and still not workng..
    i have this in cwshare file given to by my friend.i have 9524 port forwarded to 192.168.1.64 which is dreambox ip .

M: { xxxxxx.dyndns.tv { ABCD9524 }} myserver
    D: { xxxxxxxxx.dyndns.org { 9524 7700 { ABC91433 { A5 A5 }}}} frens server
    I: { 04 }
    N: { 01 01 03 1F 3000 5000 }
    W: { 01 01 01 } IFFF
    X: { 20 }
    G: { 06040000 437D }

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default blue icon

Blue icon in the sharing means that the person has no local cards only virtuals. pls reconfirm your friend about his local card

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

ok..so wouldn;t virtual card work for me..
    if he doesn;t have local card but virual card in his gbox .won;t i be able to share his virtual card in my gbox..
    or it has to be local card for sharing only

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

He can reshare only those virtual cards which are at level 1 or greater. But if he is receiving this card at level 0 then only he can view it. He cant reshare level 0 cards.
    Last edited by tahir_ali; 7th October 2007 at 18:13.

Thread Information