Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    alanpaladka
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default Gbox help on Dailup

Dear Friend,

I'm having DM 500-s and 128kbps dialup internet. I can watch channels on CCcam protocol without any problems. But now I'm really stuck on Gbox. After reading many tutorials, I learned about how to create D line.

My ISP is giving me a static IP which doesn't changes at all. That IP is shared among many users. I can't ping my box/computer using that IP.

So, can I use Gbox sharing? I have created dyndns account. But I can't ping my computer using that. So does it will create any problems?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

as far as speed is concerned, dear 56k is the max. there is no modem with 128k speed.may b ur pc show that speed but in reality it is 56k.
    to me u have to have specific ip for u. if u r using router for sharing the net then u have to DEMILITIRIZE (DMZ) ur ip.after DMZ, ur pc's IP will virtually connected to the statis IP assigned to u.
    if there is some other solution, it will be informative for me too.
    Dreambox Dm 500
    Nilesat,PanAm sat 7/10,Paksat 1,Arabsat,Hotbird

alanpaladka

No. I'm having CDMA wireless dialup connection. Actually, my internet speed is 144kbps. But practically I receive only 128kbps.

Anyways, I don't have any router. While I watch any card shared channel, I have to keep my computer ON. I have shared my PC internet to dreambox. IP is assigned by ISP itself. I can't change it either. So is it possible to use Gbox in this case?

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

for gbox dsl necessary.on dial up u can watch newcamd and dcw sharing and other porotocols very easily.

alanpaladka

Thanks thegreat4u2 for your opinion. Even CCcam works fine with my connection.

So I don't have any chance of using gbox?

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

as far as i know its very difficult with dialup lots of freezing with dial up.
    dialup=gbox=freezing

wait for experts comments.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

that is not actually your native dialup. that is already considered as wireless broadband connection.

do an ipconfig /all from command prompt and take note of your IP. then from the ip testing websites out there (google for it) verify that you do have that same IP number. you CANNOT ping your own IP from the same box/machine you are using. give that IP to somebody else and let them ping it from there. also make sure that your firewall does not ignore the ping ICMP querries being made.

i really doubt that you cannot make it work on that kind of setup. you can make it work, all you need is to forward everything to your pc, then make sure that your pc forwards all the querries to your dreambox.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

onething is sure that dialup does not mean freezing. i have 33k dialup but everything is fine. main thing is quality of net.cdma is broadband not dialup but can u find out the ip assigned to u.if so then u can use it.if it is statis the best otherwise u can use ip-date client for dynamic ip.
    Dreambox Dm 500

alanpaladka

Dear Experts,

I'm attaching a screenshot of IPCONFIG window. Please have a look on it.

Whenever I check my IP using external websites like cmyip.com, I get IP as 218.248.68.169. It is same from last 4 months. It's shared among all subscribers of my ISP.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

u cannot use as ur own ip is 10.2.0.37 but the ip shown on site is that of ur provider.to me u r not able to get connected to gbox server.
    Dreambox Dm 500

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Soo what would be the answer tufail....?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

answer is basically he cannot use gbox.
    as i am IT professional, i give a bit detail. his provider has some broadband or high speed net. the provider has made a LAN himself and given IP starting with 10.2.0.xxx. in this system,only if system admin open one ip frm the LAN to the main then only that ip has facility.this is special function.normally it is not provided.
    BOTTOM LINE is that alanpaladka has no solution for him.
    Dreambox Dm 500

alanpaladka

Thanks tufail for the verdict.

Right now, I can view channels shared via CCcam. Which other protocols I can use with my connection? Please suggest me.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

@alanpaladka,

If u dont have a router then what device do u use to access internet.
    Also type this command so that we can know how u connect to internet.

tracert yahoo.com
    Last edited by tahir_ali; 3rd October 2007 at 00:09.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

the 10x range is an INTERNAL ip provided by your ISP. your ISP is using a single proxy IP then subsequently routes the traffic to your local IP. VERY BAD ISP. the problem lies on your ISP proxy, it does not forward the gbox packets to your local IP. call them up and negotiate for a REAL IP from them, or at least explain your side that you need for them to open up some ports and forward it to your local IP.

the easiest maybe is to change ISP.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information