Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.


Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Negombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    675
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default HOW TO ATTACH a FILE ?


    How can a member attach a file in this forum?-when you click post reply button at the bottom it says
    " Posting Rules You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts"

    Can anyone clarify this?
    DM 600+80GB DM 7020+160GB+ LED 55"

  2. #2
    Moderator Expert
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Africa-Kenya-Nbi
    Posts
    3,108
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felicianf View Post
    How can a member attach a file in this forum?-when you click post reply button at the bottom it says
    " Posting Rules You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may edit your posts"

    Can anyone clarify this?
    you can attach a photo,with url ref etc.
    but cannot attach a file only the adm can.

  3. #3
    Banned Member Expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Coast of Ionian Sea
    Posts
    1,040
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    you can attach a photo,with url ref etc.
    but cannot attach a file only the adm can.
    yes, only Admin is allowed to attach a file, maybe for forum security reasons.....

    but you can attach a link to a certain file and the bad thing about it is some user posted the link and didn't even checked it first before posting it. the file in the link is contaminated with a Trojan virus. and you the unsuspecting user who downloaded the file gets his computer infected with that Trojan virus.

    sometime back in this RDI-PC related section i encountered a link for a s/w download and also that s/w is infected w/a Trojan virus. lucky me! i always scans s/w / files or any documents download b4 "double clicking" on them.

    Mods on this PC Related section should also checked those posted link and delete that link if the s/w, file or whatever it is on that link contaminated with a virus.
    No GUTS!No GLORY!
    .

  4. #4
    MVDIG Teacher
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Maldives
    Posts
    136
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Talking

    For this kind of limited forum we offer free file hosting with image ..... http://www.mvdig.com/hosting/
    If you registered you can upload upto 100MB
    Registrations is free...

  5. #5
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Negombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    675
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Thanks for the replies.I wanted to upload the file "Quick and dirty guide to Dreambox" as someone requested.
    Thanks
    DM 600+80GB DM 7020+160GB+ LED 55"

  6. #6
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts
    5,711
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    well, you can host the file on some other websites, like rapidshare and then post the links here.

    this has been a gripe all along for users here. we even requested that senior members be at least given the privilege of attaching files if needed.

    oh well.... that's RDI.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

  7. #7
    FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,675
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    well, you can host the file on some other websites, like rapidshare and then post the links here.

    this has been a gripe all along for users here. we even requested that senior members be at least given the privilege of attaching files if needed.

    oh well.... that's RDI.
    i agree u dear boknoy.....dear admin plz consider....

  8. #8
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    21.95° N 97.06° E
    Posts
    6,263
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    well, you can host the file on some other websites, like rapidshare and then post the links here.

    this has been a gripe all along for users here. we even requested that senior members be at least given the privilege of attaching files if needed.

    oh well.... that's RDI.

    That's really need on RDI I think. You r right Sir Boknoy hope our Admin will consider about this.


    Thanks.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

    DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .



  9. #9
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    873
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    That's really need on RDI I think. You r right Sir Boknoy hope our Admin will consider about this.


    Thanks.
    File's take up bandwidth and also risk the forum being shut down by the Providers it would have to be monitored 24/7 Ilegal file's will risk RDI future


  10. #10
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts
    5,711
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    true, files take up bandwidth and server space, but shut down by providers?

    how about the keys? are they not as damning an evidence as files?

    as for corrupt files.... you can start granting access to few trusted sources/posters so that other people will not have to go through OTHER forums just to get the files.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

  11. #11
    Platinum member Expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    21.95° N 97.06° E
    Posts
    6,263
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    true, files take up bandwidth and server space, but shut down by providers?

    how about the keys? are they not as damning an evidence as files?

    as for corrupt files.... you can start granting access to few trusted sources/posters so that other people will not have to go through OTHER forums just to get the files.

    Yes brother Phuket , it's true but only trust members will attach the file and no one can't attach as Sir Boknoy said. so I think it's safe.


    Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

    DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .



  12. #12
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Negombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    675
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Yes brother Phuket , it's true but only trust members will attach the file and no one can't attach as Sir Boknoy said. so I think it's safe.


    Regards.
    Only available option would be to upload the file to another forum and provide the link to that forum from here.
    But would that amount to advertising that forum?
    In fact that forum would become popular if it hosts files which are useful!
    DM 600+80GB DM 7020+160GB+ LED 55"

  13. #13
    Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    873
    Posts Thanks / Likes

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by felicianf View Post
    Only available option would be to upload the file to another forum and provide the link to that forum from here.
    But would that amount to advertising that forum?
    In fact that forum would become popular if it hosts files which are useful!
    felicanf yes and no

    Becuase RDI could host the other section with there links advertise all over the upload section as long its not on this main forum no harm done so if the uploads got closed down no harm to the forum

    In the OLD DAYS RDI did have its very own RDI UPLOAD i used to upload there all the time but as time has passed its gone for what reason i dont know only the KING can answer that .

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to Top