Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dreambox flashing on and off

Been trying to to reconfigure the Satellite configuration on the Dreambox,because the power input on the Angelbox went out 3-4 days ago.I had been looping out of the Angelbox.Followed the manual and tried 4 Sats via DiSEqc as well as non-standard user defined.Could get some pretty good signals off Sat find., but never a picture on FTA channels.Dish has been locked on Agila since Angelbox went down,I should have been able to get something.Today while still trying, the Dreambox image just started flashing on and off.Any suggestions or help would be welcome.
    I rebooted several times,turned power off and on.Don't look like its re-setting itself.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Been trying to to reconfigure the Satellite configuration on the Dreambox,because the power input on the Angelbox went out 3-4 days ago.I had been looping out of the Angelbox.Followed the manual and tried 4 Sats via DiSEqc as well as non-standard user defined.Could get some pretty good signals off Sat find., but never a picture on FTA channels.Dish has been locked on Agila since Angelbox went down,I should have been able to get something.Today while still trying, the Dreambox image just started flashing on and off.Any suggestions or help would be welcome.
    I rebooted several times,turned power off and on.Don't look like its re-setting itself.
    do a factory reset then reflash your box

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

mellow b4 u do anything desperate on your Dreambox, go to one step at a time troubleshooting. since your Angelbox is down as you have mentioned, try to isolate your Dreambox from every connection you have made from diseqc to loop out. this means no cables will go thru any diseqc's no loop thru....

just connect your satellite dish (DreamTV) cable directly to DM and then observe if this "flashing on and off" will re-occur..... this way you will see if that flashing is coming from your previous setup or something else is...
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    mellow b4 u do anything desperate on your Dreambox, go to one step at a time troubleshooting. since your Angelbox is down as you have mentioned, try to isolate your Dreambox from every connection you have made from diseqc to loop out. this means no cables will go thru any diseqc's no loop thru....

just connect your satellite dish (DreamTV) cable directly to DM and then observe if this "flashing on and off" will re-occur..... this way you will see if that flashing is coming from your previous setup or something else is...
    Thanks Zoren will try that right now I'll remove DISQEQ and connect strait to KU LNB
    remembered that its doing that without being connected to dish,have to do that after getting box going.
    No loop out no more,cause Angelbox power supply went out 3-4 days ago been hooked up direct to dish since,witout any picture but getting readings in Sat Find,no FTA.
    Last edited by mellow; 21st September 2007 at 11:40. Reason: change stuff

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    do a factory reset then reflash your box
    How can I factory reset ,if I cant get into menu?

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

gee man, its worst than i have expected.....

it looks like your Dreambox needs to be defibrillated...

JTAG......

is there any warranty on your DM w/Phuketsat? maybe its time to visit him and have your DM checked and probably JTAG by Phuketsat himself....
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    gee man, its worst than i have expected.....

it looks like your Dreambox needs to be defibrillated...

JTAG......

is there any warranty on your DM w/Phuketsat? maybe its time to visit him and have your DM checked and probably JTAG by Phuketsat himself....
    what is jtag?,,can u give an overview for layman pls
    cheers,,,dave

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

menu, settings, expertsetup,factory reset
    the simple reason is you have been playing with your lmb settings and discq setup after you do reset put gp4.00 in and start a fresh if fact reset dont fix it dont forget you are dealing with a mini pc they dont like to be messed with

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

You got to mess with it if you cant get a picture,and I followed the instruction in the book.It would cost me more to fly and stay in Phuket,than to buy another Dreambox.Not to mention inconveniencing my family.
    Its hard to believe that this is due to messing with the Satellite configuration menu,because if that's the case the Angelbox would have been dead a long time ago.When I got it I knew absolutely nothing about it,and the only way to learn was to mess with it.I started learning more when I found some illustrated examples at Jsat website about the F1 and noticed the menu was the same as the Angelbox.Too bad those guys don't do business up here.They have very good website and support.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You got to mess with it if you cant get a picture,and I followed the instruction in the book.It would cost me more to fly and stay in Phuket,than to buy another Dreambox.Not to mention inconveniencing my family.
    Its hard to believe that this is due to messing with the Satellite configuration menu,because if that's the case the Angelbox would have been dead a long time ago.When I got it I knew absolutely nothing about it,and the only way to learn was to mess with it.I started learning more when I found some illustrated examples at Jsat website about the F1 and noticed the menu was the same as the Angelbox.Too bad those guys don't do business up here.They have very good website and support.
    dont get your knickers in a twist iam trying to help you
    ab and dm are totaly differant have you done a factory reset if you have just connect 1 sat to your dm and try that

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    dont get your knickers in a twist iam trying to help you
    ab and dm are totaly differant have you done a factory reset if you have just connect 1 sat to your dm and try that
    You are wrong in assuming that I am angry with you.I am not.Tomorow ,I will try hooking up to 1 LNB (KU) if that is what you suggest,and see what happen,maybe,I can get into the menu if for some reason this will cause it to stop flashing on and off.Then would be able to factory reset.

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    what is jtag?,,can u give an overview for layman pls
    JTAG is usually done when your receiver do not turn on properly in a way. ie the receiver's indicator panel shows something like 0000 or even simple dot .
    Receiver's MENU is totally inaccessible...... you can not do anything at all....
    generally, the receiver's program is totally corrupted.......

here's a very good explanation of what JTAG is all about: TECHNICAL SECTION ABOUT JTAG FOR NEWBIES.

i hope mellow can sort out his problem w/o this JTAG procedure, for a beginner JTAG is quite complicated....
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Nice helpful reply Zoren Thought of posting but yours was better than mine The main problem in Jtagging is that we need parallel port in the PC and also if there is no Jtag slot in receiver then we need to solder them.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You are wrong in assuming that I am angry with you.I am not.Tomorow ,I will try hooking up to 1 LNB (KU) if that is what you suggest,and see what happen,maybe,I can get into the menu if for some reason this will cause it to stop flashing on and off.Then would be able to factory reset.
    Hi mellow,
    still do think bigpim is correct, you have to do a reset, use the dream flash which can even be used on serial cable, and if you saved the flash image write it back.
    simply your memory chip is full from all what you have fed in, and so cannot go on. after the flash it will work as normal. and that will always happen if you overwrite the m/chip limit.
    only after that you'll have to do things afresh if you didn't save the flash image in your comp.
    the rest can only follow if the flash fails, but it never fails.

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    Hi mellow,
    still do think bigpim is correct, you have to do a reset, use the dream flash which can even be used on serial cable, and if you saved the flash image write it back.
    simply your memory chip is full from all what you have fed in, and so cannot go on. after the flash it will work as normal. and that will always happen if you overwrite the m/chip limit.
    only after that you'll have to do things afresh if you didn't save the flash image in your comp.
    the rest can only follow if the flash fails, but it never fails.
    Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin
    menu, settings, expertsetup,factory reset
    the problem is, how can he reset if he can't go to MENU?

sounds like the receiver needs to be JTAG..........
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Thread Information