Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Tata Sky in Dubai

Hello All,

I am a newbie to satellite TV. I have read some of the posts and found the discussions interesting. I would like to get a tata sky digicomp for my home in Dubai.
    I read some where that a digicomp can be bought here in Dubai for an extra cost(?), where can I buy one? and how much would one pay for it?

If that is not possible then what would be a good sat-box to invest in to recieve primarly the Tata Sky channels. Ideally I would like to buy it in Dubai.

If anybody has any contacts/leads to purchase such a box in Dubai please share.
    Thanks in advance.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

I had read On this forum a few months ago that the UAE Authorities did not allow Tata Sky receivers tnto the Emirates.
    Last week I visited Dubai and spoke to their Customs Office.
    They confirmed that every Sat receiver scanned on arrival will be examined. If a receiver for Tatasky, a Zeneca I think, it will be held and not allowed in.
    If you are in transit it will be returned to the visitor on departure.
    If you live or work in Dubai it will be confiscated .
    I asked the Officer the reason and he said the channels/progs are so cheap if allowed in it would destroy the local bouquets such as Showtime and Pehla.etc

So now you know the facts

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND View Post
    I had read On this forum a few months ago that the UAE Authorities did not allow Tata Sky receivers tnto the Emirates.
    Last week I visited Dubai and spoke to their Customs Office.
    They confirmed that every Sat receiver scanned on arrival will be examined. If a receiver for Tatasky, a Zeneca I think, it will be held and not allowed in.
    If you are in transit it will be returned to the visitor on departure.
    If you live or work in Dubai it will be confiscated .
    I asked the Officer the reason and he said the channels/progs are so cheap if allowed in it would destroy the local bouquets such as Showtime and Pehla.etc

So now you know the facts

That's really nice info & knowledge for us about Dubai market.

Thx.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

alanpaladka

@C-BAND

What about Dish TV? Do they allow it?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by alanpaladka View Post
    @C-BAND

What about Dish TV? Do they allow it?
    my dear read the thread carefully, even dish tv not allowed in uae

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for that piece of information. Any suggestions for an alternative way for recieving either TataSky or DishTV using a different reciever?

I will be going to India soon and can get a subscription and activation done but need to know the make & type of reciver I have to buy. For obvious reasons I would prefer to buy the reciever and the dish here in Dubai.
    Your suggestions are much appreciated.
    Last edited by Hamps Hump; 20th September 2007 at 10:11. Reason: missed some info.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

yes

If you need alternative way for recieving either TataSky or DishTV ?

you buy dreambox and contect me for sharing , Tatasky , Multichoice , is on and dish is nearly ok in my server .

so this is way for tatasky.

this offer is not for india. ok
    You need card sharing Chack This
    http://cardsharing.freetzi.com/
    [email protected]

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

As The Uae Customs Are After The Zeneca And Presumably Taught To Recognise It, The Answer Is Simple. Have It Put In A Different Box And Different Casing With A Different Brand Name ! Why Not Bring It In From Oman Or Saudi Overland Where They Are Probably Not So Strict.
    These Are Not Contraband Or Illegal Items So Unlikely They Will Examine The Box Closely Or Punish Anyone Caught Other Than By Confiscation. Also Pesumably Its Not Illegal To Use The Box.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

C-BAND,
    The plan right now is to strip the box and bring in the parts ie. IC board, powersupply etc. via a different port of entry, will worry about the box later on. Depending on the availablity of resourses I might also bring it in via road from one of the other GCC countries. Thanks for your suggestions.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default you can get dish tv in dubai

In Dubai you can get DISH TV and TATA SKY for 1450 DHS : Contact Mr khader : 050-8757545.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

Fardeen,

Where have you been all this time? I have been looking for info like that for a while now. Thanks, I will give it a shot.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by fardeen View Post
    In Dubai you can get DISH TV and TATA SKY for 1450 DHS : Contact Mr khader : 050-8757545.
    Dear Fardeen,
    Where were you last month when none of the shops in Dubai would sell me any of the "fun items" or software, Presumably they were concerned that I was a spy which I certainly am not...just a plain sat enthusiast who enjoys fooling around with new sat equipment.
    Ill keep a note of the number for my next trip to Dbai and cross fingers that IT does not fall into "the wrong hands".
    Cheers

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dish Tv

BEFORE IT WAS ILLEGAL TO SELL OR BRING DISH TV IN DUBAI, BUT RECENT TIME THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE WHO GIVE EXTRA MONEY INCLUDING TAXES. NOW IN LOCAL NEWSPAPER ALSO U CAN GET ADD REGARDING DISH TV.
    IAM SENDING U THE LINK CHECK IT BY UR SELF

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayC...&thisis=single

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Question

I was talking to one of the e-vision tech support guys the other day and he confirmed to me that its illegal to have a set top box other than the approved ones. An illegal one will attract a fine of 10,000 Dhs.

Also, if the employees of e-vision reports an illegal box they get rewarded.
    Now, how effectively this is implemented is a big question, because if you go down to Naif road there are quiet few stores doing brisk business.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dish Tv And Tata Sky In Dubai

YES ITS TRUE THAT IT WAS ILLIGAL SOME TIMES AGO IN DUBAI TO GET DISH TV OR TATA SKY FROM INDIA IT WILL BE CONFISICATED AT THE ARRIVAL BUT LATELY YOU CAN GET THE ADD IN LOCAL NEWSPAPER ABOUT DISH TV
    http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayC...&thisis=single

DISH TV WILL WORK FINE IN DUBAI BUT FOR TATA SKY YOU NEED A BIG DISH SOME CHANNELS WILL ALSO STUCK IN LATE AFTERNOON IF YOU WANT TO INVEST IN SOMETHING INVEST IN DISH TV THERE ARE MANY PLACE YOU CAN GET DISH TV OR TATA SKY IN U.AE, SHOPS ARE MOSTLY LOCATED IN SHARJAH, DUBAI AND KALBA

Thread Information