Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Diseqc Switch Problem

Hi friends.
    I have a problem regarding the diseqc switch.
    I have got 2 receivers (digitall world SCI-190M and Supermax 9300 All in one), receivers connected to 3 dishes (2 Ku band dishes having dual LNB and 1 dish having 2 c band LNB's on it for H and V seperately and both the LNBs are distributed to both recievers by a 2-2500 Mhz splitter) all these connected to recievers via diseqc switch.
    All of a sudden a problem occured, the supermax receiver when turned on starts displaying funny characters on its display. I checked the diseqc but did not find any problem. Anyway i changed the diseqcs of both receivers....Result now is: when i change to another dish in digitall receiver, the supermax gets disconnected.
    Let me state my problem with an example: both receivers are on adjusted to Intelsat 10 (horizontal). When i change digitall receiver to another sattelite like hotbird. The supermax stops getting the signal from Intelsat 10 (horizontal).
    Why is it doing like this. Is there any problem with diseqc or splitters. or LNB or the cables.
    Your valuable comment are awaited.
    Rgds

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

the problem is your splitter/disecq. use a multiswitch.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Do u mean the splitter or the diseqc switch....which one is the problem.....
    As you know i have 2 cbands (1 for vertical and 1 for horizontal) splitted to 2 receivers by splitter. And have 2 dishes having Ku band (dual) each.
    Do u mean that because of splitter attached to c bands is giving problem .....
    Pls clearify...thanks

az30094

You cannot share digital dishes between multiple receivers. Avoid it. It may lead to the damage of your equipment including diseq switches and the tuners in your receivers.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by az30094 View Post
    You cannot share digital dishes between multiple receivers. Avoid it. It may lead to the damage of your equipment including diseq switches and the tuners in your receivers.
    yes you can, that's why he is using dual-out lnbs.

ok, i have re-read your problem, and i think i was wrong in recommending that your problem lies in the disecq/splitters. so you are both tuned to hotbird (KU) and when you change channels (im assuming different polarity) the other receiver gets blanked out, right? what happens if you change to another channel on the same polarity (horizontal to horizontal)? still working? if so, consider your dual-out lnb may have been shorted.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

No, let me tell you in this way.....
    Digitall world receiver is on at Panamsat C band (horizontal) the supermax is on at Panamsat C band (Horizontal) as well....Now......when i change into another satellite in digitall world receiver say like hotbird....The channels that were showing on Panamsat C band (horizontal) on Supermax stops (there is a blank screen). As if i there is no connection of supermax receiver with the c-band LNB.
    Infact even if i change the satellite of supermax receiver into hotbird ...still supermax receiver does not show any thing....It stays as blank..... As if digitall world is blocking its way......
    Meanwhile the digitall world receiver works well and shows all satellites whenever i change.
    By the way both receivers were working well before.....

I presume there is something wrong in the disecq switches.....Maybe one of the diseqc is not compatible with the other....Can it be......Or is there any problem wth the LNB socket of the supermax receiver....I did notice before.....that when i connected the LNB of vertical c band....the supermax was creating crazy characters on its display...and nothing was showing on the screen. When i took it off...it was normal.....

Pls comment.....

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

it's odd that your disecq will affect the cband control on another disecq with a different receiver.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi
    I think i have found the problem....I changed the diseqcs, i fized each cable without the diseqcs and now come to a conclusion that the C band vertical cable has no signal and when it is attached to supermax receiver the receiver starts dispalying stupid characters on the display and receiver does not start.... I think there is a problem in the wire....moreover there is no signal coming. I will replace it and try...hopefully it will work....what do you suggest.....
    Thanks for your consideration......
    Rgds

Thread Information