Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Need help connecting DreamBox with AngelBox

Finally got my DreamBox in the mail today from PhuketSatellite,although the ss2 promised was not included,hopefully a mistake,and it will get here soon.I don't have a DiSqc other than the one inside the AngelBox so I will have to hook them up together,in order to be able to move the Dish(I think that's correct).On previous threads it was said that the DreamBox should be first and the AngelBox looped to it.Is there any examples of this,like a diagram or picture of someones set up?Cant find any info like this on the previous threads.
    Any basic hook up advise will be good to get started,the AngelBox got a few more wires going into it,as compared to what the Dreambox can receive .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Finally got my DreamBox in the mail today from PhuketSatellite,although the ss2 promised was not included,hopefully a mistake,and it will get here soon.I don't have a DiSqc other than the one inside the AngelBox so I will have to hook them up together,in order to be able to move the Dish(I think that's correct).On previous threads it was said that the DreamBox should be first and the AngelBox looped to it.Is there any examples of this,like a diagram or picture of someones set up?Cant find any info like this on the previous threads.
    Any basic hook up advise will be good to get started,the AngelBox got a few more wires going into it,as compared to what the Dreambox can receive .
    hello mellow
    in my case i have the dynasat F1 box and the dream box,i have moved the F1 box into my sons bedroom so he can watch 146E,i bought a splinter box (very cheap) and split my coax cable one cable goes to the F1 box and the other goes to my 4 port disqc switch,on my disqc switch i have coax cable from a 6 **** dish picking up 78.5 E and a 75cm dish picking up 68.5E as well as my 146E dish all going to my dream box

all my dishes are fixed but i believe you can have more than one LNB on the same dish,the dream box can do a lot more than the angel box so forget about the angel box and consentrate on your dreambox (you will need too because its not easy to set up)
    happy viewing
    JOE SOAP

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Hi Joe,

Contact JSAT (027143594) and talk to Jon or Ben. They are very helpful and can walk you through the procedures.

Greg

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by JOESOAP View Post
    hello mellow
    in my case i have the dynasat F1 box and the dream box,i have moved the F1 box into my sons bedroom so he can watch 146E,i bought a splinter box (very cheap) and split my coax cable one cable goes to the F1 box and the other goes to my 4 port disqc switch,on my disqc switch i have coax cable from a 6 **** dish picking up 78.5 E and a 75cm dish picking up 68.5E as well as my 146E dish all going to my dream box

all my dishes are fixed but i believe you can have more than one LNB on the same dish,the dream box can do a lot more than the angel box so forget about the angel box and consentrate on your dreambox (you will need too because its not easy to set up)
    happy viewing
    I eventually want to do what you have done,as a matter of fact that was the whole idea for getting this Dreambox.I have 2 dishes already and I know my son is eyeballing me, as I'm trying to get my shit together with the Dreambox.When I get that far, your help will be deeply appreciated.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by thaigreg View Post
    Hi Joe,

Contact JSAT (027143594) and talk to Jon or Ben. They are very helpful and can walk you through the procedures.

Greg
    Thanks for for your advise,but I didn't buy the box from these people,I got it from PhuketSatellite.I should be getting help from him.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you only have a single dish in mind, yes, you can connect from dreambox loop-out to your angelbox. problem comes when switching to different polarity channels, but considering agila2, you might be tuned to the same polarity, so no problem on that one.

but to be safe, go get yourself a power-pass splitter to separate the cable from your lnb to the two receivers, or get a dual-out lnb (same purpose, different method and hardware).

but if your objective is to hook-up both boxes on separate dishes tuning in to different satellites at the same time, then i'd suggest a multi-switch for that.

please specify which satellite (other than agila) you are planning to have, the kind of dish (fixed/motorized) you currently have, etc since that would help immensely.

good luck on your ss2... don't worry, Phuketsat has thousands in stock (if my memory serves me right).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for your response boknoy ph.I have the Dynasat set up with 2 Sat dishes.The large movable dish I believe has both KU and C band .We have been mostly watching Dream TV with the Angelbox.I did the loop out to the Angelbox,also connected a LAN cable to the Dreambox and have opened DB edit to check out the files in DB.To start,I just want to get the DB up and running,then expand from there.
    Eventually split up the receivers, so my son can have his shows,while I can watch mine. The smaller dish is 5.5 ft I believe, and I think it has KU LNB on it.It would be Ideal to be able to use the other dish using a multi-switch as you suggest.Joesoap has been able to do a nice set up,for him and his son,with the help of people such as you both I will succeed also.Thank you,mellow.
    PS.Right now there is no bouquet listed in the Dreambox,only a lot of services,the bouquet side appears empty or not listed.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

now your problem lies on the movable dish: who will control the movement? but disregarding the motor control (the other box will simply show no signal if the sat is not tuned), the multi-switch is your best option

dish1 Ku/C: twin-out lnb/power pass -> disecq switch1 port A and disecq switch2 port B
    fixed 5.5ft dish: twin-out lnb/power pass -> disecq switch1 portB and disecq switch2 port B

disec1 for angelbox and disecq2 for angelbox. the C-band output can be on a power pass splitter and connected to both switches port C.

who controls the motor is up to you.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information