Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to upload NFI file to DM600Pvr

When I try to upload nfi image to DM always comes with invalid file or image

any trick pls

ISingh

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

what r u using ? what program i mean ? flash wizard pro 6.3 maybe , i dunno if that knows that kinda image , its now updated for that .. yet

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

The update through the network just doesn't work, at least with the february 2007 edition of the firmware.

You have to use the serial update with a null-modem cable (two sockets, crossed). You connect the dreambox turned off, and then, using DreamUP (you can find it in the official dream page), run dreamup to the point it ask you to turn on the 600pvr. When you do it, it starts communicating with the computer, and after a minute you can tell it where to find the new firmware.

It will need 30' to upload the 20MB of the image. It's a bit complicated procedure, but it works!

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I am also trying to flash a new image to my Dreambox 600 PVR.
    I found the instructions on http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/DigiTV/dbox-howto.htm
    There seem to be 3 ways: via serial (DreampUp), via LAN (DreamUpLAN) and (my preferred, although not tested yet...): transfer via FTP (uploading the image to the /tmp directory on your Dreambox via FTP, then rename it to root.cramfs, then go to the setup menu of your Dreambox, select Software Update, then manual update.) However, on doom9.org it mentions "Make sure you use the proper image, or you risk turning your Dreambox into electronic junk that has to be sent back to the manufacturer."

My question: is it so that if the image is broken only the manufacturer can fix it? I have assumed that serial update should always work as the last resort...
    Last edited by kotka; 24th September 2007 at 13:22.

Thread Information