Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Picking up reception in weak footprint areas

We all understand that the type and structure of LNB and the Dish play an essential role in improving satellite signal reception. Much discussion has already taken place concerning these two instruments but some points still remain.
    Can someone please tell us how much signal improvement will take place if we replace a 25K lnb with a 12k lnb. I mean has anyone actually calibrated the difference? And how much difference will a single-piece dish make in comparison with a multi-piece dish or is there no difference at all?
    Your comments in this regard are cordially invited.

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by shakil View Post
    We all understand that the type and structure of LNB and the Dish play an essential role in improving satellite signal reception. Much discussion has already taken place concerning these two instruments but some points still remain.
    Can someone please tell us how much signal improvement will take place if we replace a 25K lnb with a 12k lnb. I mean has anyone actually calibrated the difference? And how much difference will a single-piece dish make in comparison with a multi-piece dish or is there no difference at all?
    12k lnb its available ?

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Most of the noise figures quoted are just marketing tactics. Newer model lnbs are better than older ones. I saw few of our members telling that they got lot of signal imporvements after they changed their 17k lnb to 15k.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post
    12k lnb its available ?
    He is asking about the performance and you are asking about its availabilty

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

thank you lnb15k for helping to elaborate the spirit of my question. and thanks more for your cogent answer. now what about the second part of my question, about the dish?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

as for your second question, all i know is, the bigger the dish, the better. the multi-part dish and single dish will offer the same reception (same sized dish) since they were both calibrated to have the same curvature and focal point. maybe your next question would be, solid or mesh?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hellooooo boknoy the gr8!
    the things are going well (you asked me in other thread)
    We depend on the quality and availability of dish ,,so here in Pakistan dye casting dish in single piece is also introduced,,,may be it is more "effective" to access Nilesat .
    @superia4u
    welcome back ! glad to see you after one decade
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

thank you boknoy (& masood bhai). but it is quite obvious that a solid dish will catch more waves. it is good that die-casting has become available in pakistan and we should soon have better dishes here imroving chances of our seeing more channels.

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Can someone please tell us how much signal improvement will take place if we replace a 25K lnb with a 12k lnb. is there no difference at all? Your comments in this regard are cordially invited.
    I used 17kelvin and 15kelvin C band LNBs and found almost NO difference in performace ,however compatibility with user's STB can effect.In one case my Opentel was not supporting TP 4090(Asiasat3S) so I had to replace the brand.
    by the way lnb15k is supporting every one,,I appriciate his efforts
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by masood View Post
    I used 17kelvin and 15kelvin C band LNBs and found almost NO difference in performace ,however compatibility with user's STB can effect.In one case my Opentel was not supporting TP 4090(Asiasat3S) so I had to replace the brand.
    by the way
    I was also surprised when some members said that they were getting noticable improvements. It may be like as you said "STB compatibility".

Quote Originally Posted by masood View Post
    lnb15k is supporting every one,,I appriciate his efforts
    I don't understand what you want to say.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

[quote=masood;388575]I used 17kelvin and 15kelvin C band LNBs and found almost NO difference in performace ,however compatibility with user's STB can effect.In one case my Opentel was not supporting TP 4090(Asiasat3S) so I had to replace the brand.

Masood bhai,
    Good to see you here posting after a long time, welcome back.
    You are right.
    I used to access NSS6 from Saudi Arabia for DD+, with just about minimum signal, as its out of footprint.
    I used to have picture disturbance on one receiver, but no disturbance on another receiver. even the lnb with low noise makes a difference for weak signal.(But it was Ku signals for me)

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    I I don't understand what you want to say.
    I want to say that plz keep on helping RDI's fans as you are doing now
    there is nothing to worry
    @dom06
    thanks for welcome
    signals or NSS6 and Insat4b are very strong over here ,,even I'm getting these SATs by fixing side LNB on a 6 feet solid dish focussed towards Asiasat3S.
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z

Thread Information