Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reclamant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Seekmaster – official partner of RDI

Guys, I know I haven’t been a “frequent flyer” on this section of the forum and I hope from now on things will change for the better. Fanta, me and the others from the Romanian crew would like to invite you to join us in an opportunity of bringing the Internet closer to us, by revealing its secrets.
    And of course we would like your opinion on this.

What is Seekmaster? In short, is a search engine redirector that I’ve been working on for almost a year now – a program that will refine your search result for different files, focusing on finding what you’re looking for. It acts like a filter for your search for various files (audio, video, documents, online TV/radio stations, e-books and so on) on file-dedicated servers (Rapidshare or others like it, P2P networks, Bittorrent, open directories, media servers).

The program has two versions: online (free, with 12 search options) and executable (costs 9 $ and has 24 integrated search options). It works with any browser, and I claim its accuracy in returning the right results is over 85 %, that being at least 20% above the average similar programs.

The online version puts at your disposal 12 search options:

Audio – seeks 10 upload centers (Rapidshare, Megaupload, Depositfiles, etc), open directories (direct download), blogs and Bittorrent servers.

Video – seeks 10 upload centers (Rapidshare, Megaupload, Depositfiles, etc), open directories (direct download), blogs and Bittorrent servers.

Pictures – uses 6 of the largest databases and search engines.

Online Radio Stations – you may look for these by country name or by station name

Divx subtitles – 4 International databases, 3 Romanian databases, 1 General search option (all languages). Practically there is no divx subtitle we can miss.

Tutorials – How to’s and online manuals for any activity

The Internet Archives – type in the name of a website and you’ll be redirected to Wayback Machine, an “Internet oldies database” starting with the year 1996

Word definitions – literary definitions, in English and Romanian

Biographies – searches the biography of a celebrity (or, let’s say, the history of a famous work)

Lyrics – lyrics for any song, all gathered from adware-free websites

CD/DVD Covers – covers designated for the printing of any musical album or movie

IP Trace – two websites following in detail the origins of an IP or website

Seekmaster Premium Pack, a standalone program, contains all of the above plus another 12 search options: E-books, Software, Games, Online TV stations, Electronic diagrams (schematics), Discussion forums (for any topic), Romanian Legislation, Live webcams, General documents, User reviews (on any product – so you’ll know if something’s worth buying or not), Video trailers (movie presentations) and XXX files (adult movies).

I’m not inviting you to buy the program – that’s up to you. My invitation is to test the online version and appreciate it, if it deserves.

Official website: www.seekmaster.org
    Forums: http://prz.uv.ro (a.k.a http://www.ziaruldecalafat.ro/sek/index.php )

Coming soon, on the forums, a classification of comparisons between Seekmaster and its “rivals”. You’ll see we top the market!

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Great job you are doing,
    will try the free version, as purchases could follow.
    all in all thanks for the works, and the rdi support

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I just attemped to try your search engine, for CD or DVD covers.
    I typed in Armik, and got an advert for ink cartridges
    I typed in Ottmar Liebert, and got the same
    I typed in John Williams and got 8 entries for John Williamson
    I typed in Carlos Montoya and got told I'd enter the wrong infomation

All these people are world famous classical flamenco guitarists. hardly unknowns

I then did a Google search and got 2.300.000 entries for Carlos Montoya.

care to comment.
    regards from OZ bassett

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hehehe, they have yet to modify their search bots and expand their cache server farms to thousands of clusters like google already has. give it 10 years more and you will see that much result when you search "who is God" on seekmaster too. though i recall, when google started out, they were having a LOT of results, not like this seekmaster. even yahoo used the google engine for sometime after that.

edit:

bleh! i searched for biography of winston churchill and got thrown to an option to choose google answer in english or romania, then eventually routed to a google search result! what is this..... are you trying to cache google's cache? such a waste of time and resources to search for something which you eventually end up in google anyway!
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

It really surprises me that someone can come along and openly SPAM a forum and no one does a thing about it..

Must be a case of WHO you know, and not what you know..
    regards from OZ bassett

Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    It really surprises me that someone can come along and openly SPAM a forum and no one does a thing about it..

You are correct Moreover this thread should be moved to the PC section as it is related to PC. It has nothing to do with satellites. I am sure our MODs will do the needy.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

don't be surprised.... that's the legacy of RDI. unbridled SPAM and outright, blatant flaunting of the rules, lol. if it's not SPAM, you see users flaming each other.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hgfd....
    this is the moderator for pci section, multimedia, off topic and many others,
    i doubt he would be interested in spamming the English section.
    Just give him some constructive criticism to improve his works

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    hgfd....
    this is the moderator for pci section, multimedia, off topic and many others,
    i doubt he would be interested in spamming the English section.
    Just give him some constructive criticism to improve his works
    So that gives him licence to openly break the rules does it..

Frankly Cogil, I don't much care who he is, or who he thinks he is, And I notice he hasen't returned to comment, Which is typicial of a "SPAMMER" in action..

As for search engine sites, I probable have 20 or 30 listed, and none of them cost me a Fee to use, and unlike this rubbish, our spamming moderator posted, they work.
    regards from OZ bassett

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

So that gives him licence to openly break the rules does it..

Frankly Cogil, I don't much care who he is, or who he thinks he is, And I notice he hasen't returned to comment, Which is typicial of a "SPAMMER" in action..

As for search engine sites, I probable have 20 or 30 listed, and none of them cost me a Fee to use, and unlike this rubbish, our spamming moderator posted, they work.
    OK OK
    but am sure he will answer to all this because thats what builds a program, the user reports and criticism. see his last words;

Coming soon, on the forums, a classification of comparisons between Seekmaster and its “rivals”. You’ll see we top the market!

Silver Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    OK OK
    but am sure he will answer to all this because thats what builds a program, the user reports and criticism. see his last words;
    Is this not a satellite section? I think this whole thread is related to PC and nothing to satellites. It would be good if Moderators move this whole thread to Pc section. If a moderator himself breaches the law how can they expect others to follow?

I also request other offtopic posts in this section which also includes my posts as well to be moved to offtopic section so that satellite section would look clean.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i think there is already a similar thread on the pc section too. dunno how he can rival google or even yahoo (since what his software does is cache the search cache of those two?). buggers me to irritation thinking of how on earth he plans to achieve that.

my feedback to this piece of software: GIVE SOME REAL SEARCH RESULTS, NOT CACHED RESULTS FROM YET ANOTHER SEARCH CACHE RESULT!

at any rate, what do i have to do to post my own ingenious marketing gimmick here and not be labelled a spammer? already we have a shark on the English forum always on the watch to promote his banners, lol.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@ lnb,
    Guys, I know I haven’t been a “frequent flyer” on this section of the forum and I hope from now on things will change for the better. Fanta, me and the others from the Romanian crew would like to invite you to join us in an opportunity of bringing the Internet closer to us, by revealing its secrets.
    And of course we would like your opinion on this.
    The only hope i have is that there are posed questions, to which the author should already be answering to;
    like from sir Boknoy, and mr Bassett have real good questions for the author.

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

anyone can proclaim his/her as official partner of so & so! self proclamation is easy like those tyrant!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Reclamant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@all
    As I take full responsibility for my post here, I can assure you it's not spam. If you want to visit the website or not, it's up to you. But you've missed its purpose.
    It's not a search engine - it's a REDIRECTOR. That means it filters your results for certain types of files, so you won't have to deal with spam, only with useful results. The results are useful, at least for 8 categories of online search, in a proportion of about 80 percent.
    You haven't perceived my idea properly - it uses Google or other search agents. It's not an original search engine, but I claim that it tops the redirectors/filterers that are similar - and soon I will show you how.
    @bassett
    I typed in, for instance, Ottmar Liebert in the CD covers field. Yes, unfortunately there was only one useful result, provided by CD covers - http://www.cdcovers.cc/view/290319/f...liebert-custom . That means in their database there's only one cover according to this criteria. You see, I've chosen those three websites as they were, at the moment, the largest databases with CD/DVD covers. If they added some pop-ups, or some other "bad" features, I can't control them. I will try to add more CD/DVD cover websites.

@bokony_ph
    As I've explained above, the intent is not to rival google or yahoo, but mainly to use their features. All I've built is a website and a few search strings in order to help users to avoid spam in their results for certain files. No, you can't look for "cheap tickets to Amsterdam" or any other type of bargains, for instances, because it's not a search engine, and it does not have a category like that. It mainly has 12 online categories (also included in the program) that you can choose from.
    I know you think it's bad advertising (spam, literally). I consider it to be anything but spam. I published it here because I know there are many users following this section. Nobody is asking you to buy it, or like it - I mainly say you can give it a try. There are a few other redirectors like it, and they don't have the multitude of options I have. That's all there is to it.

@bassett
    Once again, it's not a case of Who you know. I was here in 2000, when this forum did not even have an English section. And yes, my first objective here, then, was DX-ing and the reading of the first digital smartcards. I'm still here now, and if I can do anything to help this forum grow or increase it's popularity, I will. And yes, RDI has brought its contribution to the creation of Seekmaster. I hope I can make Seekmaster grow to the point it might find TV guides of, who knows, satellite keys (just a legal problem here, otherwise I would have added the feature).
    Again, I'm open to all questions and explanations.

Thread Information