Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to increase the Number of Channels in SONY TRINITRON

Dear All,

I have an old TV of Sony Trinitron. It has 30 channels only. While my cable operator is giving 70 channels.. I am unable to serach all the channels due to lake of chanel capacity of my tv..

Is there any solutuon for my problem.... what i have to do to increase my number of channels in my TV. ...Is their any extra equipment i have to purchase?what willl be its price...

I am in Peshawar ...can some one from peshawar suggest me where i can get the required equipment..or any other solution..

Thanks and regards,

MAJID KHAN
    Peshawar

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

You need to change the memory IC in your TV. If you are unable to scan the channels then you need to change the tuner of your tv. Get a tuner with Hyperband and fix it.

Better change the whole board itself with some other model board. You will nearly get a new tv

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You only need ONE channel in the TV, All the cable channels are stored in the cable receiver.
    regards from OZ bassett

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Not sure if this is available in Pakistan, in India you get a box for Rs 800 with a remote & you connect the cable to the box & from the box its AV connection to the TV with capacity up to 150 channels.

@basset
    In India for cable TV you just connect the cable to the anteena input of your TV & scan. Earlier it required S band capable for the TV but now it requires Hyperband due to the number of channels.
    Only recently some cable operators are offering cable TV box with digital quality pictures, but the box is costing the same as a 14 inch TV (Rs 9500)
    so not many takers.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

in the philippines, we are using CABLE TV CONVERTER, i think this is the same box that DOM06 said.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes u can increase ur channels very easily.U just have to buy a tv tuner device for cable.This device is easily available in Market.There are many devices available in Pakistani market but the best one available in market is
    Sunwin a good device around Rs.950
    Many other devices are in market are around Rs.1000.U just have to connect through the lead and enjoy all the cable channels(have about 250 Channels capacity).
    This device is easily available at tv accessories shop.

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

DCR tv's. (its been what..... in the market way back when) b4 2004 maybe

and cable companies will provide cableCARD for their subscribers if you have a cable ready tv....
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dom06 View Post
    Not sure if this is available in Pakistan, in India you get a box for Rs 800 with a remote & you connect the cable to the box & from the box its AV connection to the TV with capacity up to 150 channels.

@basset
    In India for cable TV you just connect the cable to the anteena input of your TV & scan. Earlier it required S band capable for the TV but now it requires Hyperband due to the number of channels.
    Only recently some cable operators are offering cable TV box with digital quality pictures, but the box is costing the same as a 14 inch TV (Rs 9500)
    so not many takers.
    Thank you for explaining your system. In Australia most of the capital cites, are wired for cable TV, But not all suburbs , as the demand did not cover the costs involved, So they simply stopped the cable system, in favour of satellite delivery.
    When it started it was all analogue delivery, and everyone was supplied with a cable receiver, They have since changed to a Digital system, and receivers where swapped at no cost to the consumer
    regards from OZ bassett

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Thank you for explaining your system. In Australia most of the capital cites, are wired for cable TV, But not all suburbs , as the demand did not cover the costs involved, So they simply stopped the cable system, in favour of satellite delivery.
    When it started it was all analogue delivery, and everyone was supplied with a cable receiver, They have since changed to a Digital system, and receivers where swapped at no cost to the consumer
    We are getting Digital cable from 2003. If we have the digital STB then we can get it. It costs around Rs.3000 or so.

Thread Information