Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to attach My Ku band Clamp tp primrfocus Dish Please see this Picture

HI Friends,
    I am not asking same Question again and Again,I purchased a Fitting Given by shopkeeper I will sent the Snapshot soon Accirding to shop keeper that fitting is used to attach Ku band LNB to primefocus Dish

I am attaching that Clamp please Guide me how to attach that Clamp to my prime focus antenna.

Shot with DSC-S650 at 2007-08-20
    Regards,
    Blr

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Bangalore,
    Picture of the dish will help you better.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Bangalore,
    Khemcho! majamay!
    First you need to decide which sat you want to access with your ku band lnb & since you already have a couple of lnb's on your dish, the lnb position for the maximum signal strength can be advised by some experts or it will be one long experiment. From the clamp picture seems like you need to clamp it to one of the 3 arms of the dish, but not sure. better wait for more advice

Attached is a picture of a Ku band lnb on a prime focus dish.

And your dish pic
    http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8...ndotheryn7.jpg

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dom06 View Post
    Hi Bangalore,
    Khemcho! majamay!
    First you need to decide which sat you want to access with your ku band lnb & since you already have a couple of lnb's on your dish, the lnb position for the maximum signal strength can be advised by some experts or it will be one long experiment. From the clamp picture seems like you need to clamp it to one of the 3 arms of the dish, but not sure. better wait for more advice

Attached is a picture of a Ku band lnb on a prime focus dish.

And your dish pic
    http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/8...ndotheryn7.jpg
    @DOM Which Satellite ur r receiving on this DISH ?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

firstly what are you trying to acheave

your feed horn on a prime focus dish is a c120 feed horn why dont you just get a universal c120 lnb take off your exsiting lnb and the universal c120 lnb will fit straight in its place
    ABA

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ABA View Post
    firstly what are you trying to acheave

your feed horn on a prime focus dish is a c120 feed horn why dont you just get a universal c120 lnb take off your exsiting lnb and the universal c120 lnb will fit straight in its place

HI ABA,

Can u show me a snap of c120 lnb ?

Regards,
    BLR

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    HI Friends,
    I am not asking same Question again and Again,I purchased a Fitting Given by shopkeeper I will sent the Snapshot soon Accirding to shop keeper that fitting is used to attach Ku band LNB to primefocus Dish

I am attaching that Clamp please Guide me how to attach that Clamp to my prime focus antenna.
    at 2007-08-20
    Regards,
    Blr
    It's probably not these sats u r trying to get but this will give u a good indication of how clamps r usually used.
    Good luck.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    It's probably not these sats u r trying to get but this will give u a good indication of how clamps r usually used.
    Good luck.
    Thanks M8 Already I am receiving 7 satellites same ....

I am serching for c120 LNB what ABA mentioned....

Regards,
    BLR

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    Bangalore, I saw the picture. Here is my idea.

The clamp is used in the feed fiitings having single pipe in the middle of the dish. Tight the nut and bolts on the middle pipe and you can slide and fix the clamp having LNB fitting.

Please post the result.
    Yes Anish this Clamp now we use to receive KU sats on 60 , 90 cm antenna ...

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

HI Friends,

Regards,
    Blr
    Just a minute, aren't you the bloke with 15 years experience at installing dishes and related equipment. And you can't work out, how to attach a clamp, and fit an LNB. And when you do work it out make sure you use a prime focus LNB,
    regards from OZ bassett

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Just a minute, aren't you the bloke with 15 years experience at installing dishes and related equipment. And you can't work out, how to attach a clamp, and fit an LNB. And when you do work it out make sure you use a prime focus LNB,
    Well said

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post

Hi bassett,

This is a very OLD thread Started for the above Clamp ....

Actuallt this Clamp is not for C band this is Used world over for KU band Presently I have fitted 3 KU lnbs on a 90 Cm Antenna ...

This Clamp is used for Fixing KU LNBS on KU DISHES.....

This Thread I opened again as to ask DOM about a LNB he is using as I Import LNBS which r good for KU thats why I re-opend the thread....

This Thread was Dead long back when shop keeper gave US wrong info about the CLAMP....

if u See Clearly in the above PICTURE u can see Wombat is using this CLAMP for receiving KU on Dish...

Regards,
    BLR
    Last edited by Bangalore; 25th February 2008 at 13:21.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi bassett,

This is a very OLD thread Started for the above Clamp ....

Actuallt this Clamp is not for C band this is Used world over for KU band Presently I have fitted 3 KU lnbs on a 90 Cm Antenna ...

This Clamp is used for Fixing KU LNBS on KU DISHES.....

This Thread I opened again as to ask DOM about a LNB he is using as I Import LNBS which r good for KU thats why I re-opend the thread....

This Thread was Dead long back when shop keeper gave US wrong info about the CLAMP....

if u See Clearly in the above PICTURE u can see Wombat is using this CLAMP for receiving KU on Dish...

Regards,
    BLR
    Dear bangalore,
    Please closely watch the picture of wombat, he used 3 C-Band Lnbs for ST, Thaicom & Pas10, the only lnb used for Ku band is NSS6...

Thread Information