Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Please Post your Computer/PC/Laptop Issues here

hello to all fellow RDI members. as i noticed that there has been several threads relating to hardware problems on the personal computers, hardwares and conflicts, i think it would be wise to start this thread so that we can focus on a single thread instead of going through several.

Please post all your PC related issues here and let us help each other in clarifying the problems (if we can solve it here, then much better than go out and pay the technicians).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear!
    good topic we get help each others pc problem
    i hope good thread

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Boknoy
    I have a Laptop with good configuration like 1 Ghz Ram etc. Now internet on DSL line works fine but as soon as i will connect my webcam there is a message that the bandwidth is not sufficient to run this cam. But i tried my laptop and cam on friends DSL line it works fine. DSL providers says there is a problem in your laptop. Can you help me? Thanks

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Please Post your Computer/PC/Laptop Issues here

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    hello to all fellow RDI members. as i noticed that there has been several threads relating to hardware problems on the personal computers, hardwares and conflicts, i think it would be wise to start this thread so that we can focus on a single thread instead of going through several.
    Please post all your PC related issues here and let us help each other in clarifying the problems (if we can solve it here, then much better than go out and pay the technicians).
    congratulation for initiating an helping topic regardless it is irrelated to subject ,,we need to keep this board alive and fresh by all means
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello Friends,

Computer Settings For Receiver Upgrading

FARUKH KHAWAJA

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default laptop

Dear

I have tecra 8200 toshiba laptop and Supermax 6000 CI digital receiver.
    When I want to upgrade my reciever through laptop, the main software is transferred to the receiver but the cas data as well as the channel data is not trasferred and the message comes across that I should check the Cable or loader version of STB but if I use desktop computer the cas as well as channel data is easily transferred. Please help me how I can enable my laptop to transfer all the data.

Iqbal Bhawana

[email protected]

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

[quote="NGeorge"]Dear Boknoy
    I have a Laptop with good configuration like 1 Ghz Ram etc. Now internet on DSL line works fine but as soon as i will connect my webcam there is a message that the bandwidth is not sufficient to run this cam. But i tried my laptop and cam on friends DSL line it works fine. DSL providers says there is a problem in your laptop. Can you help me? Thanks[/quote

which chat service are you using, yahoo? if so, do you enable the supercam mode? try disabling it and transmit your cam at 6-10 frames per second (even a dial-up line can do this). do you have the same provider/speed for DSL as that of your friends? this could be a problem with the DSL provider, not giving enough bandwidth (of course they will always say it is YOU who have the problem, not them)
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@iqbal,

are you using the same STB loader version as that from your desktop? please try to follow the comport settings posted above for your laptop. if the main software data has been transmitted, i really suspect your STB loader version is the fault, so check if it is the same as that of your Desktop loader.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Laptops w/o com port (RS 232)

I noticed that most of the Laptops available has no com port (RS 232). Does anybody tried to upgrade a receiver using USB port. If so, what should be the cable connection? Does a USB to com port converter can do the job? Is there any driver software needed? Thank you...

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@Dhongkoy,
    the most common usb-serial adaptor you can find will be the prolific brand. i use this kind of connection too, and there is no difference when using this usb converter like you are using your ordinary comport. just install the drivers, configure the usb-serial adaptor to use the comport you desire and connect your nullport cable (cross config).
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Laptops w/o com port (RS 232)

Quote Originally Posted by Dhongkoy
    I noticed that most of the Laptops available has no com port (RS 232). Does anybody tried to upgrade a receiver using USB port. If so, what should be the cable connection? Does a USB to com port converter can do the job? Is there any driver software needed? Thank you...
    Hello Friend,

Yes it is Possible.And it is easily avialable in Bazar.
    worth of RS 1200/- Pakistani.

Farukh Khawaja

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks a lot mates. I'll give it a try...Good Day...

@Boknoy_ph;

What's that "HumorSense '95 Beta Version 2.1" all about?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    @iqbal,

are you using the same STB loader version as that from your desktop? please try to follow the comport settings posted above for your laptop. if the main software data has been transmitted, i really suspect your STB loader version is the faultusb to serial cable, so check if it is the same as that of your Desktop loader.
    HI freinds

the serial port of my pc stoped work few days before, I bought a USB to SERIAL [ RS 232 ] adapter with cable. According to the proceduger I instal the adapter,it is instaled on com 2.but still there is no conecction between pc & receiver.plz help me what can I do to conect my receiver to pc.both the 2--2 & 2--3, cables are not work. any kind information.?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@laveza,

must be a driver issue here. try to remove all instances of comport being installed on your pc, then reinstall with the updated version of your drivers from the manufacturer site if available. then, configure the comport settings as mentioned above (with graphics). also, make sure that your serial connections are fit snugly on each other. also make sure that the comport you are using is not in conflict with another device such as your modem or mouse (if you are still using serial modem and mouse).
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information