Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat Finder

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thumbs up Sat Finder

Please where can i buy a sat finder in Kenya ? I need analogue because of my purchasing power and at the same time a non professional only a newbie still learning the ropes. I want SAT FINDER SF99
    The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lagat View Post
    Please where can i buy a sat finder in Kenya ? I need analogue because of my purchasing power and at the same time a non professional only a newbie still learning the ropes. I want SAT FINDER SF99

Dear friend , am sure Sir Cogil and his friends will help u definitely.Plz. check here
    http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread....rica+C%2BShare

Thx.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Sat finder

Quote Originally Posted by lagat View Post
    Dear lagat,welcome to RDI, Ok you are looking for a sat finder! & you are more on analogue,mean that you are receiving analogue from kenya or ETC? Lagat what type of a decoder you have ? Nowadays the decoders can also act as a sat finder,if you go to menu for installation but of cos you have to carry the tv and etc to site,you can learn more this way,a sat finder is mainly to confirmed the sat you can receive from East to west,so if still want to invest than you can look into our web sites or you can get it on line. Regards

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks for ref yan,

@lagat
    next time you are in nairobi send me a pm
    will give you direction to find that kind
    you are looking for.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

If you have a PC satellite card, like skystar, than you can use a software to find a satellite. It is very easy. I worked months trying to find a satellite, but with this tool it took me less than a minute! It's free and easy to use. If you have problems, contact me, I will help.
    if you need the software, contact me at: [email protected]

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by sterbik View Post
    hmmmm.... lemme get my mailbomber, lol.

as advised, you don't even need a satfinder. all you need is patience and more reading as to dish alignment, lnb positioning, and the proper frequency to tune. we all learned the hard way, and you will learn too if you are patient enough.

for me, investing in a sat finder is too much for personal use. please do not confuse a signal meter to a satfinder, ok? signal meter is kinda cheap and may be used to achieve satellite signals, but you still have to verify in your receiver if you are actually tuned to the desired frequency already.

anyhow, if you want to go the pc dvb-s way (carry your laptop or worse, a desktop to the roof), you may try http://www.fastsatfinder.com/
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I think you misunderstood something. My dish is aligned. And you don't have to carry your laptop/PC to your roof. When the program detects signal it will give a sound, a beep or it will say it in english. I powered on my speaker, put my telephone near it, I took my other cordless telephone to the roof. AND IT'S DONE! Why would you need to carry your computer to the roof?! You friend can watch the signal and yell if something happens. It costs nothing. You can find a satellite within seconds. What you can find at www.fastsatfinder.com is crap, shareware, only let you use it for 40 minutes. Mine is totally free. Finding the correct offset angle of a dish is pretty hard. I read all about satellite dishes for months and didn't help me too much. Look, if you want to watch FTA within minutes -and not days while you wait for the satfinder to arrive-.
    No one sells real satellite finders in my country and won't even send one here (online shopping), so this software was my last hope.
    Not everybody's dish is mounted on a roof.
    Just because you didn't try one it doesn't mean that it is sh!t.
    Last edited by sterbik; 18th August 2007 at 02:41.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    hmmmm.... lemme get my mailbomber, lol.

as advised, you don't even need a satfinder. all you need is patience and more reading as to dish alignment, lnb positioning, and the proper frequency to tune. we all learned the hard way, and you will learn too if you are patient enough.

for me, investing in a sat finder is too much for personal use. please do not confuse a signal meter to a satfinder, ok? signal meter is kinda cheap and may be used to achieve satellite signals, but you still have to verify in your receiver if you are actually tuned to the desired frequency already.

/[/url]
    You have got that right M8, When we started there where no sat finders available, No internet, No dish alineing sites, NOTHING, we simply put the hard hours in and worked it out.

And what's wrong woth using the signal strength meter on the receiver
    regards from OZ bassett

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

ahh! the good old analog days we don't have this gadget (satfinder) we track satellite position in the old conventional way. portable tv, you just can't throw it away...
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    thanks for ref yan,

@lagat
    next time you are in nairobi send me a pm
    will give you direction to find that kind
    you are looking for.

No problem brother.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You have got that right Zoren, I have a small B & W 4 inch screen portable set. Which I still use. I made a cardboard tube to fit over the screen, to keep the sunlight out, like they have on traffic lights. It works a treat. Just get the signal strength meter up on the screen, and you can play for hours.. talk about "fiddler on the roof"
    regards from OZ bassett

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by sterbik View Post
    Just because you didn't try one it doesn't mean that it is sh!t.
    lol, yeah right. and i haven't had a taste of coca cola or pepsi either. and don't lecture me on getting non-legit softwares, i know where to find them. the software i linked will do the work, and you don't need 40 minutes if you use these kind of softwares (as you told in your post, you found them in a few minutes), so what's the argument about? post your damn software and don't invite everybody to mailbomb your silly email address here in the open forum.

anyway, my point. LEARN HOW TO USE WHAT YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW as in the end, that's what you will be depending on, YOUR SKILLS and not some stupid computer program wailing you with stupid beeps and robotic tones from your speakers.

ah, the shit you have to face everyday in RDI.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    You have got that right Zoren, I have a small B & W 4 inch screen portable set. Which I still use. I made a cardboard tube to fit over the screen, to keep the sunlight out, like they have on traffic lights. It works a treat. Just get the signal strength meter up on the screen, and you can play for hours.. talk about "fiddler on the roof"
    i got a 4 inch colored tv hehehe. not using it that much as the 'demand' for satellite installation has stopped when TFC converted to ie2 encryption. a few months back, im using my signal meter to fine-tune my already aligned dishes. but now where i live on a building with built-in satellite connections, there's no need for me to go up and tinker with anything anymore (unless a friends asks to move/tune a dish)
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    ...and not some stupid computer program wailing you with stupid beeps and robotic tones from your speakers.
    Not everybody is a professional like you. It is perfect for newbies who want to do it fast and easy. Someone on this forum posted the shareware version and everybody appreciated it, except people on this thread. So I don't get it why are you all so negative. In the old days satfinders didn't exist, but this is not the past..
    Stupid beep Pay tv professionals use a real satfinder, which gives a beep. They won't work all day on your roof. I saved a lot of money and time. I don't think that a receiver will show you signal only if you have 26%. It is useful and only those know who tried it. I think you like better aligning a dish all day than watching TV.
    I just tried to be helpful, but I see no one appreciates it. I see that you have never tried it, because then you thoughts would be different. I got 89 % signal with it, so I know it better than you if it is useful or not. I posted a similar message to different forums and most of the people liked it. Just because it's easy it means it's stupid?! I didn't said that you should try it.
    Last edited by sterbik; 18th August 2007 at 20:23.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Sterbik,
    People who have tuned their dishes from analogue days have used a small TV set with the STB. Even today 90% of the technicians do the same & most of the techs prefer Humax for finding satellites based on my personal observation.
    Not many people out there use a PC to watch satellite TV & not many people have cordless telephone, which works when they go to the roof, where most people have their dish located.
    You have made a useful contribution on a public forum but asking people to contact you on your personal e mail, not generally done.
    If you really want to help people & appreciate their response post the link or upload it on some file hosting site & then paste the link here.

@Boknoy whats the difference between sat signal meter & sat finder please explain. Thanks

Thread Information