Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dish, which one?

I want to buy a new dish for weak KU signal (28 dB). Should it be an offset-dish 6 feet or center-fed 8 feet dish? Should the latter be round, square, oval, or rectangular? Can some expert tell me the difference between all these kinds of dishes and whether an offset dish is more powerful than a center-fed dish and which one would be the best for my purpose? I have tried to look back on relevant topics in the forum but have found no satisfactory answer. I shall be most obliged for a knowledgeable reply. Thanks.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Lightbulb

offset dish is good up to 2 meters, but for 3meters and above you have to use prime focus dish to minimized the signal loss

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dreamboy70 View Post
    offset dish is good up to 2 meters, but for 3meters and above you have to use prime focus dish to minimized the signal loss
    Yes you are right Dreamboy ,and get a Good KU Lnb!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks Dreamboy and Gregory Carmal. so then what do you suggest, i get offset or prime focus?

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by shakil View Post
    thanks Dreamboy and Gregory Carmal. so then what do you suggest, i get offset or prime focus?
    I purchased a 5/1-2 feet offset dish in Rs.5500 and adjusted in Rs.1500 after 6 months experiments ,,,the reason ,the result was not upto required standard as local 9 feet dish is.
    I recommend 10 feet fibre dish in single piece.
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by masood View Post
    I purchased a 5/1-2 feet offset dish in Rs.5500 and adjusted in Rs.1500 after 6 months experiments ,,,the reason ,the result was not upto required standard as local 9 feet dish is.
    I recommend 10 feet fibre dish in single piece.
    Some are saying that they are getting some weak freqs with a smaller offset than a big prime focus. For example they are getting Hot Bird with 6 feet offset and for prime focus they say we need 12 feet minimum! I have also heard prime focus is better. But what is the truth?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

thank you masood bhai. how much do you think the single piece 10-**** fibre dish will cost me?

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thank you masood bhai. how much do you think the single piece 10-**** fibre dish will cost me?
    shakil jee!
    it may cost Rs.7500-8000 depends on the quality.
    @lnb15b
    I will tell you the things passed under my close observation.
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by masood View Post
    shakil jee!
    it may cost Rs.7500-8000 depends on the quality.
    @lnb15b
    I will tell you the things passed under my close observation.
    this is what I wanted to know and I got the answer from you

I wanted to say "Thanks" to you but someone who does not like me saying 'thanks' to others will get insulted if I thank others. I hope you can understand.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    this is what I wanted to know and I got the answer from you

I wanted to say "Thanks" to you but someone who does not like me saying 'thanks' to others will get insulted if I thank others. I hope you can understand.

brother lnb15k, since I started this thread I assume that your concluding remarks refer to me. I can assure you that my failure to thank you was based entirely on my misperception and not deliberate at all because I thought you were talking to masood bhai exclusively as indicated by your quote and I thought it not fit to intervene. You are a very senior member of the rdi and a great contributor and without experts like you this forum would be rendered useless. Please forgive this unfortunate omission on my part, and indeed I thank you a million times.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

brother lnb15k, since I started this thread I assume that your concluding remarks refer to me. I can assure you that my failure to thank you was based entirely on my misperception and not deliberate at all because I thought you were talking to masood bhai exclusively as indicated by your quote and I thought it not fit to intervene. You are a very senior member of the rdi and a great contributor and without experts like you this forum would be rendered useless. Please forgive this unfortunate omission on my part, and indeed I thank you a million times.

I didn't mention you my brother I was reffering one member who would start to fight with me whenever I thank some one. He is jealous of Masood bhai but would get help from him. Because of Masood bhai's greatness. You didn't omit me and I am sorry if I had hurt you. Let us be

Thread Information