Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default 2 Sat Dishes from Dynasat,whats the small 1 do?

Got big dish with motor, and smaller stationary dish,along with AngelBox.Is the small stationary dish needed,or can it now be used for something else,since Dynasat is no longer really providing what it once did?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Big Dish and small dish

Quote Originally Posted by mellow View Post
    Got big dish with motor, and smaller stationary dish,along with AngelBox.Is the small stationary dish needed,or can it now be used for something else,since Dynasat is no longer really providing what it once did?
    Dear Mellow, well normally bigger dish with motor ( Jack )is meant for C band,as C band falls better on a bigger dish, but if you are not with any providers ( KU ) than you can get a dual LNB C & Ku and tune and get the signal sats around your Location on the big dish you have. The small dish is mainly for Ku bands as this Freq is focus by the providers to fall into their small dish only at fixed position but you can use it for any Ku sat ( Fixed ).
    You can't do much with the small dish as they are mainly used by Providers.
    Our experts and moderators have already explain about this in our previous post,Please refer for further information. Thanks and regards

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi m8,,sounds like they have given u a fixed ku band dish,,,u could point that at another bird and have access to the 2 dishes for seemless channel changing between 2 birds

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

If the small dish is KU,that's the dish I'm getting Agilla KU and Dream TV?

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you have a angle box the small fixt dish is now not need you can use it for somthing els i have mine at pas7/10(multi) the small dish was for asiasat4 cb it was getting the sever code but that has all stopt so yes get some use out of it some where else

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thank big pimpin.That's the answer I was looking for.
    Does that mean that the big dish is pulling in Dream TV and therefore has a dual LNB which has C and KU band?
    Can I use the small dish to pull in Dream TV if positioned correctly?with another receiver.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thank big pimpin.That's the answer I was looking for.
    Does that mean that the big dish is pulling in Dream TV and therefore has a dual LNB which has C and KU band?
    Can I use the small dish to pull in Dream TV if positioned correctly?with another receiver.
    no small dish cband your big dish is both cband and ku

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

This 4 feet dish was especially designed for Asiasat 4 when AGB and MDM r popular.Still now u can use this dish for As4 , St1 , Telstar 18 , Chinasat 6B for C-Band and u can use many birds for KU channels like dream tv.

:this is the snack shot from Banmahor Market.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    This 4 feet dish was especially designed for Asiasat 4 when AGB and MDM r popular.Still now u can use this dish for As4 , St1 , Telstar 18 , Chinasat 6B for C-Band and u can use many birds for KU channels like dream tv.

:this is the snack shot from Banmahor Market.
    Thanks yan naing,can they be used in a similar combination with the DreamBox?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

When you say big and small dish could you please be more specific. Is the big dish like 7.5-8 ****? Is the small dish like UBC sized or bigger like the **** dish? I'm interested to hear how small of a dish can I get pas 7/10 on.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman007 View Post
    When you say big and small dish could you please be more specific. Is the big dish like 7.5-8 ****? Is the small dish like UBC sized or bigger like the **** dish? I'm interested to hear how small of a dish can I get pas 7/10 on.
    my second dish is 5ft and get pas 67%

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks yan naing,can they be used in a similar combination with the DreamBox?

I think u can brother.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    my second dish is 5ft and get pas 67%
    Thanks BP, that's what I wanted to hear.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yan Naing is correct, the smaller dish (normally 5 or 6 feet) has a c-band LNB and was aimed at the Asiasat4 bird. The Angelbox was tuned to a transponder beaming down data only, on this channel it received the CS for the networks the AGB opened.
    The bigger dish has a dual Ku/C band LNB and was moveable so it could be moved to all the sattelites where the AGB got the CS data from through the other dish!

In short, you are now free to use that small dish for whatever you like, with the current LNB you are however limited to reasonably strong C-band signals.

Fix it to your preffered satellite and use a 22 khz or a diseq switch (depending on how your dual LNB on the big dish currently is controlled) to control what dish you want to get through

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Big dish 7.5 Small dish 5.5

Thread Information