Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Question using 2 receivers

hi,
    wondering if anyone is SUCCESSFULLY using 2 receivers and how?
    i am running from dish to silverbox,,then looped to dreambox,,,silverbox mainly used as dish positioner,,but if power is left on to the silverbox,,it causes a slight pixilation (10-15%) every 7sec or so,,but if the power is off on the silverbox,,no pix problem,but,occasionally the dreambox will loose all snr until i switch it back on,,like it needs it for initial power to the lnb,,and has drained a power reserve in the sivlerbox's capacitors or something,,maybe other members can explain this to me.,,,do i need to split the signal so they are both independant stand alone boxes and not looped?
    any thoughts will be appreciated,,
    cheers,,,dave

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

alot of thread like this query came out before, do a "search" it will lead you to another similar thread...

that is possible... but not recommended for other receiver's "loop out" w/regards to Hor and Ver out...

here's one thread you can read How to use two recievers from one diseq?
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

On the thread,they say using a dual LNB is the safe way to go.I looked at the picture at Amazon.co,it has 2 male coaxial outlets.Is there a reason why using a spliter directly attached to the single LNB outlet wouldn't work?Then running a xtra line to the 2nd receiver,just to change channels while viewing the same Sat.Example:2 receivers on Agila KU,Dream TV 1 receiver HBO,the other Cartoon network.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    hi,
    wondering if anyone is SUCCESSFULLY using 2 receivers and how?
    i am running from dish to silverbox,,then looped to dreambox,,,silverbox mainly used as dish positioner,,but if power is left on to the silverbox,,it causes a slight pixilation (10-15%) every 7sec or so,,but if the power is off on the silverbox,,no pix problem,but,occasionally the dreambox will loose all snr until i switch it back on,,like it needs it for initial power to the lnb,,and has drained a power reserve in the sivlerbox's capacitors or something,,maybe other members can explain this to me.,,,do i need to split the signal so they are both independant stand alone boxes and not looped?
    any thoughts will be appreciated,,
    cheers,,,dave

Loop is not good to use for C band , I mean will not work for both polarity.It'll only work for one polarity H or V. But actually u can do it for Dream tv bcoz. most channels r transmitting with Horizonal.I've split my 5 receivers without using any splitter.Just only use with cable in-out , in-out with loop.

Hope it'll help u anyway.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Loop is not good to use for C band , I mean will not work for both polarity.It'll only work for one polarity H or V. But actually u can do it for Dream tv bcoz. most channels r transmitting with Horizonal.I've split my 5 receivers without using any splitter.Just only use with cable in-out , in-out with loop.

Hope it'll help u anyway.
    do u have any pixilation problems like i discussed b4?,,do u have all receivers powered on at same time

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

do u have any pixilation problems like i discussed b4?,,do u have all receivers powered on at same time
    I don't understand well the mean of "Pixilation" . Yes powered all receiver at same time , two X-Sat , Silverbox , Angelbox and Dm (last MDM).They works well for me but as Sir Boknoy said this is not good to use and will affect to ur receivers' tuners.

Thx.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    I don't understand well the mean of "Pixilation" . Yes powered all receiver at same time , two X-Sat , Silverbox , Angelbox and Dm (last MDM).They works well for me but as Sir Boknoy said this is not good to use and will affect to ur receivers' tuners.

Thx.
    pixilation is when the picture has small squares of mixed still image.

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you intend to use ver and hor at the same time...... don't use "loop out" should not be your first choice. it's unsafe for the receiver... the worst thing it could happen to your receiver or both receivers are, hor and ver voltages canceling one another or w/c receiver will unlikely to withstand the current it can take but both receivers are susceptible to damage. i've seen two receivers both tuners toasted
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    if you intend to use ver and hor at the same time...... don't use "loop out" should not be your first choice. it's unsafe for the receiver... the worst thing it could happen to your receiver or both receivers are, hor and ver voltages canceling one another or w/c receiver will unlikely to withstand the current it can take but both receivers are susceptible to damage. i've seen two receivers both tuners toasted
    he has been told all this via pm to me and i told him on other furum for the last time IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE F1 AND DM ON AT THE SAME TIME you have no reason to have both on it will fuck your box up the f1 box is only a positioner now STOP GOIN ON

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    he has been told all this via pm to me and i told him on other furum for the last time IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU HAVE F1 AND DM ON AT THE SAME TIME you have no reason to have both on it will fuck your box up the f1 box is only a positioner now STOP GOIN ON
    hi m8,,yes WE have discussed it all b4,and i thank u again for that,,but hey m8,,it does workbut with slight imperfections,,,and i am always open to input from more that one persons experience.
    and if u have no further input on this subject,,,why comment like that !maybe just listen,,and we BOTH might learn something!,,it seems there ARE other alternatives for this type of setup.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

hi m8,,yes WE have discussed it all b4,and i thank u again for that,,but hey m8,,it does workbut with slight imperfections,,,and i am always open to input from more that one persons experience.
    and if u have no further input on this subject,,,why comment like that !maybe just listen,,and we BOTH might learn something!,,it seems there ARE other alternatives for this type of setup.
    the slight imperfections as you say will tell you that it will damage your box you have been warned

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by big pimpin View Post
    the slight imperfections as you say will tell you that it will damage your box you have been warned
    yes bro ,,i have been,and the last thing i want is to damage anything,,but im sure u would be as happy as me if we could find a solution to this.maybe a new invention on the way,,, u never know.
    hope to work together on it m8,,,yes

Banned Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

it does work.... w/ the use of DiSeqc Sw. http://www.sat-sales.com/proddetail...._diseqc_switch

but if you are after only one satellite like DreamTV w/c mostly ch. are used only on Hor., receiver "loop out" is ok. much better if dual out lnb on two receivers. like my SS2, connected on one receiver's "loop out" i do'nt have a problem of "imperfection" as you have called it...
    No GUTS!No GLORY!

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Zoren View Post
    it does work.... w/ the use of DiSeqc Sw. http://www.sat-sales.com/proddetail...._diseqc_switch

but if you are after only one satellite like DreamTV w/c mostly ch. are used only on Hor., receiver "loop out" is ok. much better if dual out lnb on two receivers. like my SS2, connected on one receiver's "loop out" i do'nt have a problem of "imperfection" as you have called it...
    thnx m8,,yes,,i am only watching one bird at a time.

it has been suggested to me that the "timing" cycle of my problem(approx every 7 sec) might be the silverbox looking for, or updating confirmation of keys and other information.,,,any thoughts on this ?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

1. get a dual-out lnb
    2. use power splitter AFTER the lnb
    3. get TWO dish and lnb
    4. reverse your setup if you still insist on using the loop-through, put dreambox first, then your silverbox. make sure you have the maximum signal level you can get.
    5. don't blame us if you fry either one of your tuners.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information