Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Unhappy 75% Signal Strength but 0 signal Quality

I am new at this and I have been back reading some of the posts. I have an old Starsat SR-X200CI+ given to me by my neighbor. He has used it in the MIddle east and has no use for it here in the Philippines. I tried setting it up to Agila 2 KU and I get a high signal strenght but 0 signal quality. Anything I did wrong?

Here are some details:
    Model: E224
    H/W ver: 2.0
    S/W ver: 12.82

I will try to upgrade the software as soon as I get my hands on a null modem cable. By the way, there is a card inserted in this STB, I think it is a funcard. I will try to get Dr**m for starters and go from there.

Thanks Guys.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by breynded View Post
    I am new at this and I have been back reading some of the posts. I have an old Starsat SR-X200CI+ given to me by my neighbor. He has used it in the MIddle east and has no use for it here in the Philippines. I tried setting it up to Agila 2 KU and I get a high signal strenght but 0 signal quality. Anything I did wrong?

Here are some details:

I will try to upgrade the software as soon as I get my hands on a null modem cable. By the way, there is a card inserted in this STB, I think it is a funcard. I will try to get Dr**m for starters and go from there.

Thanks Guys.
    hi m8,,am i right in assuming u have good signal link to ur dish,,,but no SNR?
    if so ,,this would indicate maybe ur dish is not aligned to the sat properly.or,,incorrect diseqc type selection in ur preferences menu..try the latter first,,hahaha
    im not familiar with that model of stb,,so i cant advise where to find that setting in ur menu,,but look aroung in there ,u can probably find it.
    i hope this can help in some way.
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Here are some details:

Thanks Guys.
    I don't have that particular receiver but here are some suggestions based on other receivers.

In some receivers, it shows up that way if the symbol rate or FEC is not correct. And in some receivers the signal indicator bar my be quite high (with quality bar very low) even when the dish is not aligned. So have a check on these.

Since that receiver is quite a popular one, I am sure that there will be others who would write more.
    Don't Stop......Keep Learning!

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Here are some details:

Thanks Guys.
    thats userly a sighn you are on the wrong satellite m8
    ABA

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Here are some details:

Thanks Guys.
    Having zero signal quality, means that your ether not on satellite, or the receiver has the wrong information stored for that satellite.

check which band you're using Ku [small dish] 5 numbers in the frequancy, or C-band [large dish] four numbers in the frequancy
    If your using Ku band your LNB frequancy should be 11300, If C-band , frequancy should read 5150,

New check that the transponder frequancy is correct, FTA channels are best for this, as they will play without cards, cams or anything else, also disconnect any switching [diesqC] that might be in use.
    Load a known working frequance S/r and H or V. If you still don't get a signal showing on the receiver, your dish is Off-satellite and will need re-adjusting.
    regards from OZ bassett

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Ok brother , first goto Satellite Set Up and check the Lnb setting of ur receiver like bro.Bassett's suggest.Lnb Freq. must me fix with ur Lnb which I mean is Universal or Ku.Also check the 22 Khz and DiseqC setting.Then goto Channel Search and put the right transponder of dream's like 12301 H 25600 . Not important for FEC , u should set on Auto.
    Sitll if it not work , u should try with another receiver and check ur dish position is fine on that receiver.If still fail , u need to goto rooftop.

Hope it'll help u anyway.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks to all those who replied. I will do as you have suggested this weekend. Work always gets in the way By the way, can I use this box even if I remove the ****** card in the card slot?

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Waking up early to catch the 8-10 sun position, I was able to locate Agila and get a signal. My LNB freq turned out to be 9750/10600 as written in the LNB itself. I was able to update my Channel list and got Mabuhay channel on Ch10, but all other channels display "searching for signal". This means I need to update my Dream keys rights? Can I use the files in Satdw.com? There is no entry for the SRX200CI PLUS model, can I use the SRX200CI files instead? I would really appreciate step by step instructions on this. Thanks.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Waking up early to catch the 8-10 sun position, I was able to locate Agila and get a signal. My LNB freq turned out to be 9750/10600 as written in the LNB itself. I was able to update my Channel list and got Mabuhay channel on Ch10, but all other channels display "searching for signal". This means I need to update my Dream keys rights? Can I use the files in Satdw.com? There is no entry for the SRX200CI PLUS model, can I use the SRX200CI files instead? I would really appreciate step by step instructions on this. Thanks.
    u can find the latest keys on this board in the stickys section .some of our members are very diligent with posting the new keys,,,thnx to them.
    im not sure about how to do it with ur receiver,but im sure other members can enlighten u .
    cheers,,,dave

Thread Information