Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Post Please Help Me:- How fix C band LNB ??

Dear friends...

Anybody explain me? How to fix C band dish? There is any different between KU Band and C Band (for Installation & Satellite finding). I can fix Ku band. But still now I didn't try C band dish.

Questions:
    1. How to fix C band Dish?
    2. What is the LNB Frequency ?
    3. How to find C band Satellite ? (any different between KU Band and C Band)

Please explain me....
    Ur's riya - [email protected]

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile C & ku band

There are only 2 major frequencies for delivering satellite TV programming
    C band delivers frequencies from 3.70 GHz to 4.20 GHz. The dish size required is 6 ft. to 10 ft. depending where you live , and if you are going to track all the satellites or just sitting your dish on one satellite. C band Big dishes can receive both C band and Ku band signals using a feed horn that will accept both Lnb's.
    Ku band delivers frequencies from 11.70 GHz to 12.50 GHz. The dish size required is 18 in. to 36 in... Depending where you live , and if you are going to track all the satellites or just station your dish on one sat. Ku band dishes cannot receive C Band signals unless they are designed for it and are usually very large and the dishes are not for the average homeowner.

The best of both types is C Band, ( 5150) Lower frequencies pass through bad weather easier than higher frequencies. All Cable Companies and DSS providers acquire most of their signals by C Band. Just like with cordless phones, a 900 MHz phone will penetrate through your walls easier than a 2.4 GHz phone. 2.4 GHz. Phones do have a better range in distance in the open air but the phone base with the antenna is always in the house and the walls in your house will slow down the signal. The 900 MHz. phones will penetrate much easier but you will not have a farther distance.

Twin LNB's that's C & ku which will switch automatically are in the market, you can install this LNB just like common installation or you can get one c band LNB and one Ku LNB and use dis Q switch. Regards

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by riyasknr View Post
    Dear friends...

Anybody explain me? How to fix C band dish? There is any different between KU Band and C Band (for Installation & Satellite finding). I can fix Ku band. But still now I didn't try C band dish.

Questions:

Please explain me....
    There won't be any difference in finding the satellites. For the C band the frequency would be in 3.4 - 4.2 Ghz. The LO frequency of the LNB would be 5150mhz for new lnbs.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Thanking you very much...

Dear friends...

Thanks for your prompt replys. Today I will try to fix C band dish. If anything doubt, I will ask you friends...

Thanks & Best Regards,

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Carmal View Post
    There are only 2 major frequencies for delivering satellite TV programming
    C band delivers frequencies from 3.70 GHz to 4.20 GHz. The dish size required is 6 ft. to 10 ft. depending where you live , and if you are going to track all the satellites or just sitting your dish on one satellite. C band Big dishes can receive both C band and Ku band signals using a feed horn that will accept both Lnb's.
    Ku band delivers frequencies from 11.70 GHz to 12.50 GHz. The dish size required is 18 in. to 36 in... Depending where you live , and if you are going to track all the satellites or just station your dish on one sat. Ku band dishes cannot receive C Band signals unless they are designed for it and are usually very large and the dishes are not for the average homeowner.

The best of both types is C Band, ( 5150) Lower frequencies pass through bad weather easier than higher frequencies. All Cable Companies and DSS providers acquire most of their signals by C Band. Just like with cordless phones, a 900 MHz phone will penetrate through your walls easier than a 2.4 GHz phone. 2.4 GHz. Phones do have a better range in distance in the open air but the phone base with the antenna is always in the house and the walls in your house will slow down the signal. The 900 MHz. phones will penetrate much easier but you will not have a farther distance.

Twin LNB's that's C & ku which will switch automatically are in the market, you can install this LNB just like common installation or you can get one c band LNB and one Ku LNB and use dis Q switch. Regards
    hi gregory,,,its nice to see members actually answer questions instead of just refering someone to search the forum or be redirected to a previous thread,when a direct answer is possible,,yes,sometimes that is a good option for more advanced readers (NOTE* I DO APPRECIATE ALL MEMBERS taking time to answer posts and post links for me),but for newbies,,u can get an overload of information that u dont really understand.
    your answer was informative and direct ,,and able to understand for newbies.
    keep up the good work bro.
    cheers,,,dave

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear friends...

Questions:

Please explain me....
    Brother Gregory's answer is perfect for u but I'll add my comment,hope will help u anyway.

First u should setting up the C Band dish and the Lnb.Be careful the LNB situation is very important for ur tracking a bird.Then put the LNB frequency to 5150 in ur receiver setting.Then choose a bird which should be situate in the middle of ur location.Example I'm in south east asia and Asiasat 2 is the middle one for me and has the strongest signal.Then choose a strongest TP from the Sat and try to adjust the dish.

It's the easy way for u to start the lessons.But in this tunning of satellite the experiment will make u perfect.When I tuned 20 satellites with my 8 feet dish in my first ever time , I took 2 , 3 days to get all satellites but nowadays I can tune all these birds within 20 minutes.... That's mean my own experimental make me the answer.

Good Luck.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Thanks for your sincere reply

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing View Post
    Brother Gregory's answer is perfect for u but I'll add my comment,hope will help u anyway.

First u should setting up the C Band dish and the Lnb.Be careful the LNB situation is very important for ur tracking a bird.Then put the LNB frequency to 5150 in ur receiver setting.Then choose a bird which should be situate in the middle of ur location.Example I'm in south east asia and Asiasat 2 is the middle one for me and has the strongest signal.Then choose a strongest TP from the Sat and try to adjust the dish.

It's the easy way for u to start the lessons.But in this tunning of satellite the experiment will make u perfect.When I tuned 20 satellites with my 8 feet dish in my first ever time , I took 2 , 3 days to get all satellites but nowadays I can tune all these birds within 20 minutes.... That's mean my own experimental make me the answer.

Good Luck.
    Dear friend...

Thanks for your sincere reply... I appreciate your excellent service in RDI-forum.

Thanking you very much...

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    There won't be any difference in finding the satellites. For the C band the frequency would be in 3.4 - 4.2 Ghz. The LO frequency of the LNB would be 5150mhz for new lnbs.
    and extended c band local osilater frequency is 5750......

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile C and Ku band

Quote Originally Posted by davidss1 View Post
    hi gregory,,,its nice to see members actually answer questions instead of just refering someone to search the forum or be redirected to a previous thread,when a direct answer is possible,,yes,sometimes that is a good option for more advanced readers (NOTE* I DO APPRECIATE ALL MEMBERS taking time to answer posts and post links for me),but for newbies,,u can get an overload of information that u dont really understand.
    your answer was informative and direct ,,and able to understand for newbies.
    keep up the good work bro.
    cheers,,,dave
    Thanks Brother David,I appreciate your comment.Thank you again.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

Good Luck.
    Thanks Brother Yan and your comment explain more to our new RDI members.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear friend...

Thanks for your sincere reply... I appreciate your excellent service in RDI-forum.

Thanking you very much...

You r welcome brother.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Carmal View Post
    Thanks Brother Yan and your comment explain more to our new RDI members.

Thanks bro.Gregory , u too brother.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Good Luck.
    And just how many Polor Mounts have you set up in 20 minutes.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    And just how many Polor Mounts have you set up in 20 minutes.
    Thank you.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Successfully Fixed C Band Dish...

Dear friends....

Last night Successfully fixed C band dish... Thanking for yours excellent guides & useful comments...

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY.......

Thanks & Best Regards,

Thread Information