Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Difference between Using LHCP feedhorn and Teflon in Plain feedhorn

I Purchased a Feedhorn from Chennai Shopkeeper has Given that feedhorn saying that it is for receiving LHCP signal like ETV please Guide me is there LHCP feedhorn available in India and if yes what will be the difference in Signal Quality for Yamal 202 if I use that feedhorn presently I am using Teflon with V/H feedhorn.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

what i understand is that the lhcp lnbs have a diode steered device and that makes them able to work without the teflon plate.
    in that the steering changes the circular waves as required, therefore taking place of the teflon plate.
    havent tried any though, for more details - try and let us know

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    I Purchased a Feedhorn from Chennai Shopkeeper has Given that feedhorn saying that it is for receiving LHCP signal like ETV please Guide me is there LHCP feedhorn available in India and if yes what will be the difference in Signal Quality for Yamal 202 if I use that feedhorn presently I am using Teflon with V/H feedhorn.

lefthand // righthand circular, is not used a lot these days, some of the Intelsats use it 701, comes to mind. Also the giant USA pay providers use it for Direst and Dish networks on Ku band. The main advantage is there is no "skew" required, you simply mount the LNB in the scaler ring and that's it.

LNB makers like ADL, used to make some fine Circular LNB's , and where expencive. And nothing beats a dedecated designed LNB. The big problem, apart from cost is while you can modify a Linear LNB for circular, with the aid of a Teflon wafer, you can't modify the other way, circular to Liniear.
    With some strong circular signals a wafer might not be required, there could be a slight loss of signal strength, which would not be noticable, other signals will require the wafer added.

No differance with receivers, what now does Horizontal Vertical , will simply switch 18 // 13 volts right, left circular

LNB brands like Zigwell, Pacific Satellites all come with a Teflon wafer, and if you look you will see a couple of ridges on the inside of the LNB throat which locates the wafer in place, Horizontal Vertical transponders will work with thwe Teflon wafer in place, but again there could be considerable signal loss.
    Another thing no extended range C-band circular LNB's are produced
    only 3.4 to 4.2 GHz models
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information