Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Iincreasing signal quality with C band LNB

Dear Friends
    Can anyone advise which C band LNB is the powerful for weak signals. I am trying to get ARY and HUM Tv via Intelsat 10 at 68.5 E with an offset 205cm antenna (height) and 180cm (width).
    Currently i can catch the signals with 17K Nextwave LNB (60-70% signal strength, 20% signal quality), rest of the transponders are 60-70% signal strength but 50-70% signal quality)
    What if i use a 15K or 13K LNB. Will the signal quality increase for ARY and HUM Tv.
    By the way as according to lyngsat my area can cover the signal with 180-200m dish.
    Looking forward for your comments.
    Rgds

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by nasirsyed0 View Post
    Dear Friends
    Can anyone advise which C band LNB is the powerful for weak signals. I am trying to get ARY and HUM Tv via Intelsat 10 at 68.5 E with an offset 205cm antenna (height) and 180cm (width).
    Currently i can catch the signals with 17K Nextwave LNB (60-70% signal strength, 20% signal quality), rest of the transponders are 60-70% signal strength but 50-70% signal quality)
    What if i use a 15K or 13K LNB. Will the signal quality increase for ARY and HUM Tv.
    By the way as according to lyngsat my area can cover the signal with 180-200m dish.
    Rgds
    well, i too get improper signals on these TPs and often get No signal due to low signal.. anyhow lets wait for some member's post here which could help us. How about the Signal strenght for Peace Tv channel? r u able to get it properly?
    You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it within himself.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Friends
    Rgds
    This has been discussed here before, Please read the other post, you will require the corect Scalar ring, end of story.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi bassett
    I know we discussed this issue before but i am unable to get the proper signals for ARY (3864 H) and Hum TV (3774 H)......
    63-67% Signal Strength but 20% Signal Quality(stable at 20 not increasing even 1%, i can watch the channels but with lots of interfarence but sometimes pictures gets clear).....

I tried the following operations:
    Adjusted LNB by scewing, moved the LNB in and out from the dish, inserted a conical plastic shape flask on the mouth of LNB (did not use any foil paper)......

What is left else....i feel like the offset antenna is not suitable for C band....but what about the other transponders then.....like B4U movies and B4U Music (4064 H) they are perfect....
    63-67% Signal Strength with 65% Signal Quality The signals i am getting for these are moreover less the same as i used to get with my 3.20m prime focus dish in my previous house.

By the way, mind you, the Vertical transponders are ok like 4124 V (Geo Tv)...signal strength is 50-60% with 45-47% signal Quality.....

The only thing i did not try is currently i am using 17K LNB. What if i replace the LNB's with 13 or 15K....Will the problem solve.....
    Moreover you said that conical scalar ring is needed....but i can't find it here....what can be the replacement....

By the way let me brief you about my setup...
    1- 2.00m Offset antenna ( 2.05m height, 185 cm width)
    "By the way which length should be considered as diameter?"
    2- 17K LNB Nextwave
    3- Chapparel dual band feed
    "what type of conical scalar be fit on this feed?"
    Please advise....

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

There isn't a replacement, Off-set dishes require a OFF-set scaler ring, plain and simple.

You say that some of the channels you have access to, without a problem, but you have a problem with a couple. tell us what is the FEC of the bad channels, the chances are there operating on an FEC of 7/8, and your viewable channels are on FEC 3/4. If that is the case, then the only way to fix it is get the correct scaler ring or a bigger dish. or both
    Did you e-mail the people in New Zealand , to see if they could supply you with a scalar ring..

Large Off-set dishes are quite common in Northern Europe, Canada, and Alaska. The reason is the increased angle of the dish does not allow snow to collect and disrupt signals. Some dishes are fitted with Heaters,
    to prevent this.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi friend
    The FEC for weak channels is 3/4 not 7/8. Infact almost all other channels which i get clearly are also 3/4.

As for the scalar ring....i did contactvia mail but no one answered as yet.

Pls comment solutions....

Rgds

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi friend
    The FEC for weak channels is 3/4 not 7/8. Infact almost all other channels which i get clearly are also 3/4.

As for the scalar ring....i did contactvia mail but no one answered as yet.

Pls comment solutions....

Rgds
    DO not use an offest dish for cband ...!
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ******2engineer View Post
    hi m8,,,wise words of wisdom,,,

analogy,,,if u r driving along ,,and there is a hole across the road,,fix the hole,,,dont try to re-invent the wheel,,,
    maybe u can do that ,,but there are easier ways.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hum tv's FEC is 2/3. For ARY FEC is 3/4. I am also getting lower signal quality of around 35% for Hum Tv.

You can get Offset Scalar ring from Chennai (Madras), India for Rs.375 with C-band LNBF. So it would be available in Mumbai around the same or even cheaper than that. If you have friends in India try to get them.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Why Jim,,, In some parts of the world, that's all that is available, for reasons I have already discribed, and M8, a 5 meter off-set is a joy to behold.
    regards from OZ bassett

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Why Jim,,, In some parts of the world, that's all that is available, for reasons I have already discribed, and M8, a 5 meter off-set is a joy to behold.
    Might be a sight to behold but solid cband dishes are readily available in India...
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Might be a sight to behold but solid cband dishes are readily available in India...
    I don't know whether Nasirsyed0 is in Pakistan or in India. It is also available in Pakistan

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Friends
    I am in Turkey
    Thats why i needed information from where to purchase in Pakistan....In turkey u can't find it as it is not in demand.
    Pls advise addresses or anyone can help me and post it....
    Rgds

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

jim u r wrong .....we can receive any signal whether its c or ku band with any prime or offset dish ....with the same signal quality-the matter is depending upon the lnb.

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    You can get Offset Scalar ring from Chennai (Madras), India for Rs.375 with C-band LNBF. So it would be available in Mumbai around the same or even cheaper than that. If you have friends in India try to get them.
    offset scalar ring? can u plz send one for me....i am ready to pay money for it including courier or give me ur address , i'll collect from u.
    its not joke , plz b serious ! -thank u!

Thread Information