Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default some fittings for ku lnb in to scaller ring-part2

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks George for the Photos and the technical details.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgekamal View Post

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Carmal View Post
    Thanks George for the Photos and the technical details.
    Where are the technical details Only some photos. What is the purpose of this thread?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I've used similar spacers to fit a ku-band LNB into a C-band feedhorn. However, the results weren't very good in terms of signal strength and I have been experimenting by fixing a smaller ku-band feedhorn on the three dish arms. The problem is that the results aren't any better and I suspect that I need to adjust the length of the C-band dish arms (because the smaller feedhorn fixing ring diameter effectively makes them shorter). Do members have any views about the best way to adapt a C-band dish to take a Ku band LNB?

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by lnb15k View Post
    Where are the technical details Only some photos. What is the purpose of this thread?
    pictures r saying lot technical details than ur talking! the purpose of this thread is.....only knows, who know some thing! so, u never know about the purpose of this thread! dont care about it, its not a right place for u!

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

pictures r saying lot technical details than ur talking! the purpose of this thread is.....only knows, who know some thing! so, u never know about the purpose of this thread! dont care about it, its not a right place for u!
    Ok George Kamal don't get angry. I wanted to know the technical details which was missing. Don't be rude like this. Cool down.

Posts Thanks / Likes

Ok George Kamal don't get angry. I wanted to know the technical details which was missing. Don't be rude like this. Cool down.
    first advise ur friend ...he was used a lot of abusing words......in another thread.....he thoughts that, i don't know the urdu and hindi.....and i can use some more words against u and ur friend..with some another indian language. if u wish i am ready to use some international language words also!

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

first advise ur friend ...he was used a lot of abusing words......in another thread.....he thoughts that, i don't know the urdu and hindi.....and i can use some more words against u and ur friend..with some another indian language. if u wish i am ready to use some international language words also!
    For god sake don't get angry. He is not my friend but he always comes to support honest members. He was telling you not use the word "bloody" against RDI as it helps us in a lot of way. But you are of the opinion that you can say "Bloody RDI" which we don't want to hear. Instead of changing yourself you are fighting with him.

There is nothing to be proud of using abusive words. It is not hard for a Malayalee like you to use bad words in Malayalam. I am not saying that you learnt them as other used them against you. So don't get angry for that. Now stop fighting and help the members as we do.

Posts Thanks / Likes

For god sake don't get angry. He is not my friend but he always comes to support honest members. He was telling you not use the word "bloody" against RDI as it helps us in a lot of way. But you are of the opinion that you can say "Bloody RDI" which we don't want to hear. Instead of changing yourself you are fighting with him.

There is nothing to be proud of using abusive words. It is not hard for a Malayalee like you to use bad words in Malayalam. I am not saying that you learnt them as other used them against you. So don't get angry for that. Now stop fighting and help the members as we do.
    hahahaa, chaitan.....read the bible! u and ur friend uses a lot of bad and ugly words in ur's mother tongue....and u r mentioned me as i am a malayalee....haha! what a great invention ?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi brother George and Lnbk , plz be patient and respect each other.We r brother and don't forget our intention & goal.What's For RDI ?

@george , thanks for ur information .

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

dear george,

forget about LNB, come to lnb holder, by the way i am using the same type of holder in aluminium, what is this made up of metal, or plastic, or some kind of fibre, which material is compatible to give more gain, have u tested it, please post the result in 4feet offset dish,

please dont fight with lnb, because he is not aware of this product, so he is writing this,
    by the way what is the measurement, diameter of this holder, if u give the details it will be useful to bangalore friend who is trying ku band signal in c band dish,
    bye

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Most purpose-made Ku band feedhorns (i.e. holders) for prime focus dishes have a series of concentric scaler rings that are designed to help capture the signal. George's adaptor for the C-band feedhorn leaves the Ku LNB sticking out with nothing around it to give this focusing effect. As mentioned above I tried a similar adaptor and didn't think I got a very good signal. I was hoping others might report their experiences and say what they think works.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

That design might be a failure.I have tried the same many years ago. It won't give more than using an offset lnb some times even lesser.

@Pondyguy
    I haven't told anything about that fellow in this thread before this post. Read them first before you comment. Thanks Pondyguy for posting politely. Teach him how to be polite. Out of his friends only you are posting politely atleast to an extent. Keep it up.

What Ku lnb is he using? Prime focus or offset?

Posts Thanks / Likes

That design might be a failure.I have tried the same many years ago. It won't give more than using an offset lnb some times even lesser.
    so, u dont know anything and about ,how to get weaker signal? u cannot get anything except, nss6 and insats.....

@Pondyguy
    I haven't told anything about that fellow in this thread before this post. Read them first before you comment. Thanks Pondyguy for posting politely. Teach him how to be polite. Out of his friends only you are posting politely atleast to an extent. Keep it up.

What Ku lnb is he using? Prime focus or offset?
    polite? u? hahahaa? , first teach to ur friend , now also he used some chakkadai word in following thread http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=48501&page=3
    and advise him as " vaia kuduthu chootha punnaka venttam"....but this is not
    a end...he'll get a suitable reply for his word..soon!

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

so, u dont know anything and about ,how to get weaker signal? u cannot get anything except, nss6 and insats.....

@Pondyguy

polite? u? hahahaa? , first teach to ur friend , now also he used some chakkadai word in following thread http://www.rdi-board.com/showthread.php?t=48501&page=3
    and advise him as " vaia kuduthu chootha punnaka venttam"....but this is not
    a end...he'll get a suitable reply for his word..soon!
    Thanks for telling me what I can get and what I cannot.
    All are friends in RDI including you and in that way he is also my friend. But I don't know him more than that. Why are you asking me to tell that to him? If you want you go and tell it to him. Learn from your friend Pondyguy who is also insulting me but in a more polite way which is lot better than you & domer's sakadai words.

Thread Information